Post by mikej » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello,

I am using 1.4.0 and am receiving this error when going to my basket to view the items in the basket "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!". I am not sure why, but this happens on all of my products. I am trying to "buy" one of my items and I have it set in the admin section that each product has 1000 quantity, so I know there is enough quantity of each certain item. Any ideas why this would happen? It is a fresh install. I have looked at all my settings and ended up having to change the setting "Allow customer to buy if out of stock" even though they aren't out of stock. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by i2Paq on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title fix

Post by 24-7-open » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Did you declare a value 1 for SKU (stock keeping unit) and 1000 for quantity?

Greetings,

24-7-open

Post by mikej » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:46 am

I put in a SKU, which I would of thought would be a "tracking" if you will, so I know which product someone is asking for if they give me a sku number. The sku number I am using is the same number I am using out of my product magazine. Is the SKU supposed to be used for something different? For example: I have a product with the name of White T-Shirt, with a SKU number of 00760, and a quantity of 1000. Am I using the SKU wrong?

Post by mikej » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 am

Well it can't be. I took out the sku number, left the quantity at 1000, and it still shows the error when add the product back to my basket, even though there are plenty in stock....This is odd. Any ideas?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

check the option quantities

Administrator

Post by mikej » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 am

I have looked everywhere and I can't find the option "quantities" the only thing I can find is Quantity under the data tab where I put how many of that item I have in stock. Here is how I have one of my products setup:

* Model: Shirt
SKU: 0001
Image:
Manufacturer: --- None ---
Requires Shipping: Yes
Date Available: 2010-03-02
Quantity: 100
Out Of Stock Status: 2 - 3 Days
Tax Class: State Tax
Price: 18.99
Dimensions:
Measurement Class:
Weight: 0.06
Weight Class: Ounces

This is how the system settings are setup:

Alert Mail: Yes
Customer Group: Default
Login Display Prices: No
Approve New Customers: No
Guest Checkout: Yes
Account Terms: --- None ---
Checkout Terms: --- None ---
Display Stock: Yes (I have changed this option back and forth and it doesn't change anything)
Show Out Of Stock: Yes
Stock Checkout: Yes
Stock Subtract: No
Order Status: Pending
Stock Status: In Stock
Allow Downloads: Yes
Download Order Status: Complete

I have been unable to locate anything else in any of my settings to make this problem go away. People can still checkout, but I have been getting e-mails from customers wanting to know why it shows in stock on the product page, but tells them it isn't available in their basket, so they are afraid to check out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:40 am

Product - > Options
New Option
New Option Value
Quantity!

Administrator

Post by mikej » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 am

Qphoria,

All of the items already have an option for Quantity in the shop, but I went ahead and added the value quantity like you said to do. I added it both with values and without values, and am still getting this error. I have added brand new products, just to make sure it wasn't something with the existing products, but still get the error. This is a clean install. Not an update. I have checked everywhere. I added a screen shot of the error, showing the value you told me to add as well.

Attachments

added_option.JPG

added_option.JPG (27.48 KiB) Viewed 9961 times

Post by mikej » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 am

Anybody? I have TRIED EVERYTHING.....Am I not doing what you Qphoria said to do correctly? Please help.....I like this cart and don't want to switch.

Post by rph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:22 am

I can't reproduce it. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your quantities are properly set and to delete your cache files.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by mikej » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah the quantities show 100 and I have removed my cache files. I have tried this on several different computers and browsers to see if it shows the "warning" up top and it does. Not sure if it something corrupted in the database?

Post by rph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am

If Admin is displaying the quantities you entered in the backend the database is fine.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Hollow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe i wrong ...but
change
Out Of Stock Status: 2 - 3 Days
to
Out Of Stock Status: In Stock

I do not care about my bad English.

Location - P(r)oland

Post by rph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 pm

The only place this can go wrong in is product quantity and option quantity.

I'd just create a dummy product with a quantity of 100 and no options. If you can add 1 to the cart without any problem then you'd know you didn't set your product options correctly for the other products.

Worst comes to worst you can just turn Show Out Of Stock off in System->Settings->Option.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:47 pm

I didn't say create an option called "quantity"
I meant to add a quantity to the options

Administrator

Post by migz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Is there a way not to set quantity in options?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:49 pm

only if you set the "Allow Checkout" to true in the main settings. then no quantities matter

Administrator

Post by mikej » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:51 am

I really apologize. I thought if I left that empty, that it would default to how many where in QTY for the item itself. I now see how that makes no sense at all, and Q you are the man....That fixed the issue. Wish I would have seen the last reply (for some reason I haven't been getting e-mail updates. I have the notify thing checked) before I reinstalled my shop lol. Lesson learned. You guys are amazing here!

Post by Lanshire » Sat May 07, 2011 12:03 am

If you set the Stock checkout to Yes, then if they order a product thats out or stock, then how are you supposed to let them know its out of stock to begin with? I mean i dont want them to be able to order a product that's already out of stock.. know what i mean?

Post by Solan » Sat May 07, 2011 5:31 am

I think that he was thinking as i did at first.

When a product is setup with its options i am adding quantitys aswell... This makes me belive that the sum of my options adds the total quantity.

BUT in openc it seems that i have to first add the total quantity of this perticular item in stock
(Catalog--> Products --> Data ---> Quantity: 10)
and THEN even add the different options with its quantity
(Catalog--> Products --> Options --> quantity:
Red 1
Blue 4
Green 5

(1+4+5=10, like in Catalog--> Products --> Data ---> Quantity: 10)