Post by richardstock1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:51 am

Hi there,

I am new to the whole opencart thing and its been seemless up until now.
I am having many issues surrounding the SSL side of things, I am using 2.0.3.1

I have done a lot of reading on the support forums but there does not seem to be a fix.

First issue,

SSL only where needed, Insitally I wanted to use my non shared SSL certificate on the checkout part of the webstore, I modded the config.php files in both the root and admin sections and applied the setting (radio button) in the Admin settings part of the site. All was going well until I added a product into the cart and went to checkout. On clicking go to checkout the contents of the basket vanished, After spending hours on this forum and on google searches the only thing I Could find is that Opencart have issues on shared SSL ceritificates, however mine is not??

2nd issue.

I decided then to make the whole thing SSL, which meant changing all the config files again but redirecting them to https, this worked fine until I started placing dummy orders to learn the processing side of things in opencart, I then encounted a problem where I Could not change the status of an order, or edit anyones orders becuase I did not have API permission to do so, After again pretty much a whole day looking online and drawing blanks i came across the API settings part of Open cart, I made new API users as directed, and changed the settings in admin to use that user, only to have the same issue again.

I guessed by now its has something to do with the SSL issue I came across to begin with.
So I re-edited the admin config file and reverted that back to all HTTP and it allowed me to edit the orders.

So after what seems to be an age of trying, I can have SSL on the entire site no issues, but I cannot update anything in the admin side (order status, amendments)

To be honest I am getting a bit fed up now with trying with Opencart.

Has anyone got any suggestions. I am drawing blanks..

Post by qahar » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:44 am

Just wondering do you catch any technical issue when use SSL?
Error log or even browser network issue?

One thing cross my mind is that the page load resource (js) from non-secure address

I'm not sure how you force your site to be all SSL, but the easiest way is change the config.php file

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by richardstock1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:03 pm

I have no log issues when using SSL no, the only issues I do have is that when SSL is on the entire site, by chaging the links in the config.php files in the root and admin to use HTTPS instead of HTTP and making sure the site is in SSL mode in the settings, I am unable to edit or update orders due to " Warning: You do not have permission to access the API! " message.

Its only when the site is not in SSL mode and the config.php files have been reverted back to normal SSL mode (as in SSL on the checkout only side) i can edit the orders, however then when I do this when going from the cart to checkout it does not pull across the contents of the cart between the http and the https sections of the site.

Post by richardstock1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:33 pm

To Add to this I am willing to pay to get this issue resolved.

Post by tdaubs » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:24 am

Hi Richard,

Are you able to share the URL to your store?

If you need to keep it private, you could send a PM.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California