Post by TAKCS » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:17 am

Good day all.

I am having an issue building out products with various options. I am running (2.0.1.0) with the default template plus some CSS mods of my own (color, fonts, and other minor stuff). All is going well except, I can not get more than 5 options to show from my list of more than eight (many, many more to be added), when I go to add them to the products in admin. See screen shot. (edit: still an issue)

I can also not get more than 7 to show up in admin>catalog>options after adding them (edit: they are showing now). Any ideas on this one? I can copy and paste or type the name of the option parrent, however, I would like all of them to show on the availability list.

Namaste,

Allen

Post by shahid21290 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:23 pm

hi,
YOU HAVE CHANGE LIMIT FROM FILE BELOW:
admin->controller/catalog/option.php
LINE NO 474
SET
'limit' => 5 to replace
'limit' => 10
or you wish. :) :)

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email scf8127@gmail.com

Post by TAKCS » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Thank you!

That did the trick. Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen

Post by dns2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:19 am

I had this same issue with 2.0.2.0 and couldn't figure it out so I upgraded to 2.0.3.1 and it continued doing it. Finally figured out it wasn't a specific option type but that it was only allowing 5 options in the popup. This fix worked for me also. Thanks!

Post by ArtGallery » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:28 pm

I was not able to find that line in version 3.0.2.0 of OpenCart. Where can this be modified for that version?

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 pm

ArtGallery wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:28 pm
I was not able to find that line in version 3.0.2.0 of OpenCart. Where can this be modified for that version?
admin/controller/catalog/option.php line 435

Expert Member

Post by ArtGallery » Wed May 02, 2018 4:29 am

Thanks cyclops12. The editor I was using was not finding that with the search function. I will try a different editor.

Edit: I tried using atom. Easily found the spot but it was on line 869 - was that because of multiple blank lines being added by atom or something else?

Post by ArtGallery » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 am

For anyone stumbling on this when searching for this problem, in this new installation of OpenCart I found the line to edit was 435 when viewed in Atom. OC version 3.0.3.1. Unfortunately the fix didn't work on this installation.

I changed it to a larger number, but now only 1 parent category choice shows up in the Parent box. Not sure why that happened. Even after uploading the original version of the php file, it still only shows 1 category, the original one, or none if creating a new category. I guess for now I will have to use the import/export tool to modify categories.

It is interesting that almost a year later this bug I ran into is still in place. In fact the problem goes all the way back to 2014. I am doing another non paid volunteer installation of OpenCart and ran into the same problem I did in 2018 and TAKCS did well over 4 years ago. I guess it isn't deemed important enough to fix permanently. Maybe most people add and edit categories using some other methods.

At least the fix is pretty simple (If I can get it to work this time like I did last time) once you find out how to fix it and the ease of using OpenCart in the backend over some other platforms is worth the effort.