Post by robsworld78 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi, a month ago I started with 2.0.2.0 and setup my store, then I realized SMTP didn't work. I tried all the fixes I could find but could never get it working. So I figured I would update the store to 2.0.3.1. I've done that however I still can't send emails.

When I go to the contact form and try sending a message, after the timeout I get this error on a white page.

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.1and1.com:587 (Connection timed out) in /homepages/37/d560148951/htdocs/shop/system/library/mail.php on line 170Notice: Error: Connection timed out (110) in /homepages/37/d560148951/htdocs/shop/system/library/mail.php on line 173

I have the email working in outlook so the server seems to be ok.

Any ideas?

Post by BrightRED » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 pm

From the error message it looks like its a authentication issue rather than perhaps a coding one.

Can you expand a little more on what type of connection your using and the specific settings you have typed in?

IE:

SSL/NONE SSL?
What ports are you using?

I also came across this post:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=29795

Which another user said the following:
AndyBauer wrote:SOLUTION: I had my hostname wrong. It's not SMTP.1and1.com rather it's suppose to be the domain name of your shop with out the wwww. So it's myDomain.com.

Thanks
Hope that is of some use! :)

Jonathan

Post by PaulSketo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:31 pm

First of all,

What mail protocol you have chosen?
Secondly, does your server have ssl authentication?

In System/Settings/Mail

Tell me what are your settings

Post by robsworld78 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 am

Thanks for the reply, I have the SMTP protocol selected. The mail server is with 1and1, not sure on the SSL authetication, I don't think so. To get it going in outlook I had to check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" in the outgoing server tab.

These are my settings.

Mail Protocol: SMTP
Mail Paramters:
SMTP Hostname: smtp.1and1.com
SMTP Username: info@robo-tank.ca
SMTP Password: ********
SMTP Port: 587
SMTP Timout: 10 (have tried 60)

EDIT: I have also tried adding my email to Mail Paramters but nothing.

Post by bhraqnet » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:01 am

You have the wrong port is explained below
SMTP Port: 25

Post by robsworld78 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:07 am

Wow, thank-you. Originally I did try port 25 but that was when it had the bug I guess. I would have never tried port 25 again because with outlook I also had to use 587, 25 didn't work. Either way it works and I'm happy, thanks for helping me out!

Post by PaulSketo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Glad things worked for you :)

Post by jrharks » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:22 am

Guys I need help with my mail too... I'm new to the forum so I apologise if this is not the right place for my post.
I am getting this error message when I try sending an email from my contact us page -

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/polyp367/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 168Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to :25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /home/polyp367/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 168Notice: Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0) in /home/polyp367/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 171

I have no doubt I am putting in some information incorrectly but I was hoping one of you may know how to correct this error.
Thanks!

Post by PaulSketo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:26 pm

please provide us with your settings in admin/system/settings/mail tab

Post by jrharks » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:09 am

Thanks for replying.

Mail Protocol - SMTP
Mail Parameters - sales@polyplus.com.au
SMTP Hostname - hp123.hostpapa.com
SMTP Username - sales@polyplus.com.au
SMTP Password - **********
SMTP Port - 25

Post by jrharks » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 am

Is anybody able to assist me?

Post by robsworld78 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Sorry I don't know much about this stuff but did you try having nothing in the Mail Parameters field?

That's how mine is. Are you running 2.0.3.1? It didn't work properly until I upgraded as well as changed my port number. Also try port 587 without a mail parameter. If that doesn't work maybe contact hostpapa to see what they say? I tried that with 1and1 but they were no help at all. :(

Post by nabouill » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello, my shop is on 1and1, this my parameter (i look for 8 days before than that's work)

Mail Protocol - Mail
Mail Parameters - Nothing
SMTP Hôte : localhost
SMTP Username - sales@mudomaine.com
SMTP Password - **********
SMTP Port - 25

the joke is "localhost" for the SMTP Hote.

opencart 2.0.1.1 fr
-vqmod

Post by excelgrp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:48 pm

I am also having issues since 2.0.3.1

I use gmail servers which works on 2.0.1.1, but want to upgrade to latest version which says it has sent the email, however it hasn't and doesn't show sent either. I am using the usual gmail settings listed, however never receive the emails.

Post by roo4less » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:04 am

I have tried every variation mentioned several times over the past few days.
WTF opencart development team, do you need another 100 variables to assign?

It's the tiny little S**t with opencart that pulls on your nipples.

Yes there are some child like lame posts on other parts of the forum, un F******G believable.

has there ever been an opencart release that has fully functioned? No is a fair answer but has opencart ever been able to fully function as an ecommerce platform? NO!

Post by badplayer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Don't know if anyone else is still having issues with this (I was!).

I got mine to work by a simple change in system/library/mail.php

Find:

Code: Select all

if ($this->verp) {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->from . '>XVERP' . "\r\n");
				} else {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->from . '>' . "\r\n");
				}
Change to:

if ($this->verp) {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->smtp_username . '>XVERP' . "\r\n");
				} else {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->smtp_username . '>' . "\r\n");
				}
Hope that helps :)

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:02 pm

roo4less wrote: It's the tiny little S**t with opencart that pulls on your nipples.
What kind of kinky stuff are you into?
Note that nobody else seems to have problem with the mail system so perhaps you should reflect on yourself a bit.
The only ones with issues turn out to be configuration issues on their server, so don't be so quick to judge the code.
The only factor with 2.0.3.1 is that the parameters have changed from earlier versions so first thing is to check that your mail tab is still populated.

Administrator

Post by Time111 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:33 am

The below given code is working, thats good but the email customer put in Contact Us form is not showing in received message. Only Name and Enquiry is coming. What to modify so that I can receive sender's email ID also.

thanks in advance

~Time
v2.0.3.1
badplayer wrote:Don't know if anyone else is still having issues with this (I was!).

I got mine to work by a simple change in system/library/mail.php

Find:

if ($this->verp) {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->from . '>XVERP' . "\r\n");
				} else {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->from . '>' . "\r\n");
				}
Change to:

if ($this->verp) {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->smtp_username . '>XVERP' . "\r\n");
				} else {
					fputs($handle, 'MAIL FROM: <' . $this->smtp_username . '>' . "\r\n");
				}
Hope that helps :)

Post by bkpie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 am

My email just stopped working as well. Today. worked fine earlier this week and I have not changed settings. Host said nothing changed. Unable to connect to mail.qsiwholesale.com system/modification/system/library/mail.php line 185 Any help?

Here is the code area in mail.php which is throwing error } elseif ($this->protocol == 'smtp') {
$tls = substr($this->smtp_hostname, 0, 3) == 'tls';
$hostname = $tls ? substr($this->smtp_hostname, 6) : $this->smtp_hostname;

$handle = fsockopen($hostname, $this->smtp_port, $errno, $errstr, $this->smtp_timeout);

if (!$handle) {
trigger_error('Error: ' . $errstr . ' (' . $errno . ')');

It worked fine yesterday but stopped with order emails today. Called host twice said everything fine on their end.

Error in error log 2015-10-14 12:36:58 - PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.qsiwholesale.com:26 (Connection timed out) in /home2/qsi1/public_html/system/modification/system/library/mail.php on line 182
2015-10-14 12:36:58 - PHP Notice: Error: Connection timed out (110) in /home2/qsi1/public_html/system/modification/system/library/mail.php on line 185

Settings in Mail tab are the same as they have been when working I even tried changing port to 25 as mine was set to 26 no difference. Went back to 26 since that is what it worked on. :(

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 am

define('VERSION', '2.1.0.2_rc');
very sorry, but, after fooling around for about 2 hours, I am still not able to make it work, so, the neither the Admin, nor the additional Mail Account, will receive a Mail Copy out of any sale. Customer receive a lovely html+text incoice, but that's it.
No errors, exept, if I try weird things or settings, in the OC Log visible. No invalid rtn-mails either. Just Nothing.
I feel like having a Boozo-Brain, on this OC2 thing, honestly :choke:
Ernie

Thank you for your interest in Ernie's OC 2 Test Store products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed.

Order ID: 20
Date Added: 16/10/2015
Order Status: Pending

Products
1x Abweichen instructionthe (1egZ7r) Fr.639.00
1x Able diphthongierung luftstrom (amz5BjU) Fr.867.00

Order Totals
Sub-Total: Fr.1,506.00
Flat Shipping Rate: Fr.5.00
8 % MwSt.: Fr.0.40
Total: Fr.1,511.40
PS. Even tried the Lines, as shown further up, in another Posting, but only produced an Error Page with it ... :'(

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland