Post by rph » Tue May 26, 2015 4:35 am

i2Paq wrote:I wonder if Heather will show her face in this topic reading all the crap we find in this and previous 2.x releases which are still NOT solved.
I don't think we've had an official introduction to Heather and her role in the organization yet. I suspect not much is being done here but shooting the messenger.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by i2Paq » Tue May 26, 2015 3:57 pm

rph wrote:
i2Paq wrote:I wonder if Heather will show her face in this topic reading all the crap we find in this and previous 2.x releases which are still NOT solved.
I don't think we've had an official introduction to Heather and her role in the organization yet. I suspect not much is being done here but shooting the messenger.

She's in Red so she's an Admin. If you have that status you are more then a messenger to me.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by serpicodk » Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Hey guys do you know when this version will be release officially?

Post by i2Paq » Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 pm

serpicodk wrote:Hey guys do you know when this version will be release officially?
I hope not as there are to many glitches to be fixed before an official release should even be considered.

Just my 2 cent.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by gilaraujo » Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 pm

i2Paq wrote:
I hope not as there are to many glitches to be fixed before an official release should even be considered.

Just my 2 cent.
When one has to use the word HOPE... prior to a release date... it says lots of the state of things uh? :D

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed May 27, 2015 12:41 am

i2Paq wrote:
serpicodk wrote:Hey guys do you know when this version will be release officially?

Just my 2 cent.
There will always be some bugs to be found with each new release.

Why don't you help with our VQmod XML community bugfix file for OpenCart 2.0.3.0? With a little bit of effort by some of us developers we can make it work. So far, most of the known 2.0.3.0 bugs were relatively easy to fix.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by i2Paq » Wed May 27, 2015 2:43 pm

syntaxerror wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:There will always be some bugs to be found with each new release.
Sure, but releasing it with known bugs (even when fixes are known) after a "beta" period... ??? ::)
Exactly!

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by pm-netti » Wed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Heather wrote: OpenCart 2.0.3.0 is available to download now exclusively for developers. Download 2.0.3.0 from GitHub now to have a sneak peek at the new system and get a head start in updating your modules before the full release next Wednesday (May 27th 2015).
Version 2.0.3.0 released today?

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by i2Paq » Wed May 27, 2015 6:55 pm

pm-netti wrote:
Heather wrote: OpenCart 2.0.3.0 is available to download now exclusively for developers. Download 2.0.3.0 from GitHub now to have a sneak peek at the new system and get a head start in updating your modules before the full release next Wednesday (May 27th 2015).
Version 2.0.3.0 released today?
Well, if the upcoming release is a full release we have been testing with half a product ;D

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by b&p » Wed May 27, 2015 8:02 pm

It is 8:00 PM in HK, what time are you guys releasing this?

b&p

Post by pm-netti » Wed May 27, 2015 11:38 pm

b&p wrote:It is 8:00 PM in HK, what time are you guys releasing this?
Version 2.0.3.1 is released in Github :)

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by virgotch » Wed May 27, 2015 11:50 pm

Version 2.0.3.0 and Version 2.0.3.1 will be released in same day ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post by fido-x » Thu May 28, 2015 12:23 am

Some more bugs.

In the following files:
  • catalog/controller/product/category.php
    catalog/controller/product/manufacturer.php
    catalog/controller/product/search.php
    catalog/controller/product/special.php
We have the following block of code:

Code: Select all

if ($this->config->get('config_review_status')) {
	$rating = (int)$result['rating'];
} else {
	$rating = false;
}
Yet, in the product array that is built in each of these files, we have:

'rating'      => $result['rating'],
This should be:

'rating'      => $rating,
Further to the above, a bug (previously reported on this forum) relating to the minimum number of products not being added to the shopping cart when adding from a module (bestsellers, featured, latest, special). The following line of code should be added into the product array in catalog/controller/module/bestseller.php, catalog/controller/module/latest.php and catalog/controller/module/special.php:

'minimum'     => $result['minimum'] > 0 ? $result['minimum'] : 1,
before:

'rating'      => $rating,
And for catalog/controller/module/featured.php:

'minimum'     => $product_info['minimum'] > 0 ? $product_info['minimum'] : 1,
With the "Add to Cart" button in their corresponding template files changed to:

<button type="button" onclick="cart.add('<?php echo $product['product_id']; ?>', '<?php echo $product['minimum']; ?>');"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i> <span class="hidden-xs hidden-sm hidden-md"><?php echo $button_cart; ?></span></button>

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by fido-x » Thu May 28, 2015 12:48 am

JNeuhoff wrote:I think we'll give you this trophy, well done ;D
By the way, thanks for the trophy. I'll put it on my shelf. ;D

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Heather » Thu May 28, 2015 1:11 am

Hi everyone!

After discovering a few bugs with 2.0.3.0 & the feedback that we've received in this post, we've made the decision to pull this release. Our team & members of the OpenCart community have been working hard on bug fixes and are now happy to re-release this as 2.0.3.1.

There have only been bug fixes between 2.0.3.0 and 2.0.3.1, so you shouldn't experience any issues with your modules between the two versions - we won't be doing the public release of 2.0.3.1 until Friday now though in case you want to double check.

Thanks for your help in finding bugs JNeuhoff, fido-x and everyone else who's lent a hand. Also, thanks qahar for pointing out that you can set a pre-release on github - this is an awesome idea so we'll definitely be using the pre-release tag in the future!

We have recently updated the Read Me on github to include clearer information on how new versions of OpenCart will be released in the future. As always, if you do notice a bug with 2.0.3.1 then let James and I know and we'll do our best to get it fixed for the next release.

You can download OpenCart 2.0.3.1 and view a list of the bug fixes that have been included since 2.0.3.0 here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/re ... ag/2.0.3.1

Thanks,
Heather

Heather

Post by yodapt » Thu May 28, 2015 1:16 am

virgotch wrote:Version 2.0.3.0 and Version 2.0.3.1 will be released in same day ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hi5 ;D

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by i2Paq » Thu May 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Heather wrote:Hi everyone!

Thanks,
Heather
I'm glad you all made this wise decision that will benefit this entire community.

You're my Hero!

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by aljawaid » Fri May 29, 2015 5:42 am

Heather wrote:Hi everyone!

After discovering a few bugs with 2.0.3.0 & the feedback that we've received in this post, we've made the decision to pull this release. Our team & members of the OpenCart community have been working hard on bug fixes and are now happy to re-release this as 2.0.3.1.

There have only been bug fixes between 2.0.3.0 and 2.0.3.1, so you shouldn't experience any issues with your modules between the two versions - we won't be doing the public release of 2.0.3.1 until Friday now though in case you want to double check.

Thanks for your help in finding bugs JNeuhoff, fido-x and everyone else who's lent a hand. Also, thanks qahar for pointing out that you can set a pre-release on github - this is an awesome idea so we'll definitely be using the pre-release tag in the future!

We have recently updated the Read Me on github to include clearer information on how new versions of OpenCart will be released in the future. As always, if you do notice a bug with 2.0.3.1 then let James and I know and we'll do our best to get it fixed for the next release.

Thanks,
Heather
I like Heather. This is the kind of explanation expected and should have always been. :)
I haven't gone live yet on 2.2.0 only because I can't figure out how to edit/amend part of cart/checkout, but this post from Heather, as detailed and appreciative as it is, is making me consider forgetting the struggle with previous versions and try with 2.3.0.1

Why? Because proactive real developers (not me at all) are being recognised and their efforts on fixing the known issues are being welcomed.

My only worry is that whilst I have no theme as such, I made my own by copying the default template folder and adjusting bits of code here and there with a whole list of free extensions to improve site functionality. It takes too long for the free versions of extensions to be updated - there should also be a 7-day rule for developers who submit any extension to be given only 7 days to update it or mark their extension with a notice that there is no intention for the extension to be updated for future versions. At least we know then.

I know people have asked for it before, but as an amateur, some sort of upgrade script which tells me when I update the software that X or Y extension won't work would be a dream come true.

If tutorials were updated for more 2.0+ versions then we would at least have a chance to learn for ourselves.

Oh well, at least things are looking a bit better now with 2.3.0.1 (after bug fixes are being implemented) ?

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by ThePath » Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Seems a shame that it still wont work on A LOT of shred hosting accounts because of the cURL HTTP loopbacks. Does anyone know why these loopbacks have been introduced and if we can go back to the way it was.

I can only assume a fairly massive impact on OC popularity. A lot of OpenCart users will be on shared hosting, a lot of whom dont allow these loopback requests for security reasons. OC v2 is essentially alienating these users and stopping support of the new system by hosts.

Heart Internet is one of the UK's biggest hosts and certainly the biggest reseller. Heart Internet and all its resellers now dont support OC v2.

Seems mad to me.

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by aljawaid » Fri May 29, 2015 9:13 pm

ThePath wrote:Seems a shame that it still wont work on A LOT of shred hosting accounts because of the cURL HTTP loopbacks. Does anyone know why these loopbacks have been introduced and if we can go back to the way it was.

I can only assume a fairly massive impact on OC popularity. A lot of OpenCart users will be on shared hosting, a lot of whom dont allow these loopback requests for security reasons. OC v2 is essentially alienating these users and stopping support of the new system by hosts.

Heart Internet is one of the UK's biggest hosts and certainly the biggest reseller. Heart Internet and all its resellers now dont support OC v2.

Seems mad to me.
My internet is hosted by Falcoda...who according to the DNS tags are part of Heart Internet. I'e not gone live yet but most of the system works so far.

Registered through:
Falcoda Internet
URL: http://www.falcoda.co.uk

Registrar:
Heart Internet Ltd t/a eXtend [Tag = EXTEND]

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK