Post by sanshay » Wed May 06, 2015 2:59 am

When i refresh the modification is get this error below.
When i disable and refresh , no error. Tryed 3 different modification and the same error.
Is this a bug?

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/Opencart/system/modification/system/engine/action.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/Opencart/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/Opencart/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/Opencart/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412
Code at lines

$handle = fopen(DIR_MODIFICATION . $key, 'w');

fwrite($handle, $value);

fclose($handle);
				}
			}

Kindley regards

Post by sanshay » Thu May 07, 2015 7:03 pm

This error was in conflict with the vqmod manager 3.0, removed all and reinstalled with another vqmod manager and it works now.

Regards

Post by adems » Thu May 14, 2015 2:44 am

I think Opencart has forgot to tell us that the directory ~/system/modification needs to be change into writeable permission (chmod 755 or 777).

Just change the permission of the ~/system/modification/ folder to writeable (755 or 777). It will fix the problem.
Last edited by adems on Thu May 14, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OSWorX » Thu May 14, 2015 4:54 am

adems wrote:I think Opencart has forgot to tell us that the directory ~/system/modification needs to be change into writeable permission (chmod 777).

Just change the permission of the ~/system/modification/ folder to writeable (777). It will fix the problem.
First of all: 0777 is the worst idea of all!
Why?
Because you give everybody and everything access to all for all.
The only case to use this, is when the server is not configured correct - while many of those 'cheap and best' offers from amateur providers need this setting!

Whenever to correct that value, either use 0755 or 0750 (while I have seen at some German providers also 0760).

Next: it is in your own duty to set and check the correct permissions - not by Opencart or any other script.
One exception: if the script does that not correct - can happen sometimes if the developer is also an amateur.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by tesla88 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:15 am

For me the modification folder was missing, I created a modification folder in the system directory and everything went fine. I would suggest to check if the modification folder exists. If not create one.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:39 am

tesla88 wrote:For me the modification folder was missing, I created a modification folder in the system directory and everything went fine. I would suggest to check if the modification folder exists. If not create one.
Is existing in every installation package - if the original is used.
Maybe missing from those are installed via a server panel and using 3rd party installers .. (have seen also such).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by freshmaker » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

Hi, did you solve the problem?

I'm having the same issue!

Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/library/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/system/library/language.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/controller/common/dashboard.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/controller/extension/installer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/catalog/controller/product/product.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: fopen(/opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/storage/modification/admin/model/catalog/product.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 408Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 410Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 412Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/admin/index.php:80) in /opt/bitnami/apps/opencart/htdocs/system/library/response.php on line 12
Thank you!

Post by OSWorX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:00 am

In the meantime I have seen too many posts and customer requests in this case!
It seems that the OpenCart packages are very different from the original at Github to the download here and Bitnami and other obscure services!

Best would be to use and install only packages from the official Opencart Github site.
Here is the link to the latest (most stable) version: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/re ... ag/2.1.0.2

Use that package and I am sure all your problems are solved.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by paddys_1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:03 am

It was a simple fix but very irritating fix for me. The system/modification file didn't exist.

I simply created the modification folder and everything was fine.

I don't know why OC doesn't create this automatically for us. I am having nothing but pain with the Extension Installer.

Post by simonpieman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:22 am

I had a couple of such issues with v 2.1.0.2
Two directories were missing - (1) root/system/upload - which prevented OCMOD uploads and then (2) root/system/modifications - as per this topic.
Adding both directories solved all issues. The new versions of Opencart rock. Happy selling.

Go the All Blacks!

Location - NZ - Auckland

Post by sixfish » Mon May 30, 2016 8:11 am

Im having this same exact issue, except, adding the system/modification folder does nothing, I was able to fix the Upload issue with same technique but not with the system/modification folder

Ah... Im so sorry guys, adding the modification folder to root worked just fine :/ my apologies for bumping up this thread