Post by boldgraphix » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:16 am

My client's website was outdated and went down due to some plugin errors. I upgraded the site, changed the url (per the client's request), have the site back up but, I need install the content. The last backup was done January 2013. When I try to restore the xml, it says it was updated successfully but, none of the content has been updated. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Post by pm-netti » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:23 am

boldgraphix wrote:My client's website was outdated and went down due to some plugin errors. I upgraded the site, changed the url (per the client's request), have the site back up but, I need install the content. The last backup was done January 2013. When I try to restore the xml, it says it was updated successfully but, none of the content has been updated. Anyone know how to fix this issue?
That Restore is not Success to version 2.x, beacause database structure is changed.
You can test this:
Create new database in version 1.5.4. Restore backup.sql to version 1.5.4 database. Then load tables in phpmyadmin to sql file. Go 2.0 database (in phpmyadmin), delete tables and add your new db154.sql. After this you upgrade database structure this in extension:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19572

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by boldgraphix » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 am

My brain just spun around! LOL! Thank you. I will try this now.

Post by GoldenRatioTech » Tue May 12, 2015 3:35 am

duplicate post, oops
Last edited by GoldenRatioTech on Tue May 12, 2015 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by GoldenRatioTech » Tue May 12, 2015 3:36 am

Yeah my heads hurts as well... did this work for you? If so, do you mind detailing a bit the process you took for it to work?

I have a site that is dying with OC 1.5.6.4 and I want to copy the useful information from this store such as the products (especially the products and categories) and put them into a new installation that will be the latest version of OC 2.x with a new custom theme.

Many of the product import/export addons i've tried either don't show up or won't install... likely due to some OC issues and 500+ products is not a simple thing to just re-do in the new installation...

Any help is appreciated, thanks.