Post by TriumphDesign » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi there,

Firstly, a job well done on 2.0 guys, I've been a long time open cart admirer and I have gotten so far that my collegues begin to growl and bark if someone even mentions something like Magento (I'm not even kidding).

But something that really is bugging us is the way code behaves within the text editor.

Why all the spaces :(

Also the old code editor was also compiling missing tags, not a big deal to me but it's just something: "why fix something that isn't broken".

The example;

Post by gemini99 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 pm

I am wondering the same, why all the spaces?

In version 1.5 there was color coding in the code editor. I miss that.

Is it possible to change code viewer somehow?

Driver xcen.se som säljer belysningslösningar

Location - Tokyo

Post by wishmedia » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:35 am

In 2.x they changed the code editor to the Bootstrap Summer Note wysiwyg.

If you don't like Summer Note you could just upload ckeditor and use that instead - will take a bit of programming knowledge but should be fairly straight forward.

Post by Dhaupin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:15 am

So when you inspect the source area, what is it saying? Sounds like you have some CSS that is making huge margins/padding (perhaps from a mod?). Not seeing this large spacing on a vanilla 2.1.1 install.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by zekin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Wondering if I can just rename the folder "summernote" to something else to disable it?

My OC sites:
Top Choice Variety
Tiny World

Post by wishmedia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:09 am

zekin wrote:Wondering if I can just rename the folder "summernote" to something else to disable it?
If you just rename the folder you will likely not have a wysiwyg editor at all and will be left with just a textarea. It won't revert back to the 1.5.6.4 editor.