Post by piemathematicians » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi All,

I have installed Opencart 1.5.6.4 as a fresh install. Post installation everything works like a charm, but the users aren't receiving confirmation emails on account registration, forgot password or on orders. I have tried following work around from Opencart forum, yet to be successful. If I'm using customized php auto response mail application, I'm able to send the same but not working with Opencart. ???
Though it shows mail sent, but not received :(

Hosting Details:
Vendor: Manashosting
Type: Shared Hosting - Windows
PHP Version: 5.2.17

Tried Workaround:

#1:
Choose 'Mail' in the settings
In the parameters box below enter
-fyou@youremail.com as well -Fyou@youremail.com

#2:
SMTP settings as localhost for the host. No user/password and default port 25 & email in General Tab

#3:
Go to ADMIN>Settings>Mail

Use Mail Protocol: MAIL
Mail Parameters: -Fyouremail@domain.com (note the capital F, no space in front of your email address)
SMTP Host: localhost
SMTP Username: youremail@domain.com (just your email address)
SMTP Password: use your password used to get your email with your host
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Timeout: 5
Select YES for New Order Alert Mail
Select YES for New Account Alert

#4:

Remove second new line in system/library/mail.php on line 97, i.e. replace
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline . $this->newline;
with
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline;

#5:

1. Open the following folder in your text editor (Dreamweaver, etc): system/library/mail.php

2. Go to the following line of code: echo $header = 'From: ' . '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($this->sender) . '?=' . '<' . $this->from . '>' . $this->newline;

3. Comment this line of code out like this: /*echo $header = 'From: ' . '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($this->sender) . '?=' . '<' . $this->from . '>' . $this->newline;*/

4. Add this line of code underneath it and save the file: $header = 'From: ' . $this->sender . ' <' . $this->from . '>' . $this->newline;

Now go to your OpenCart Admin sytem/settings/email. Set mail protocol to "mail". Enter into mail parameters field any email address you want (you do not need the -f). Now put the ACTUAL email you want to receive confirmations at in "Additional Email Alerts" box. DO NOT add -F in front of the email addreses.

#6:

f you Have the same problem you must set your shop like this:
open SYSTEM -> SETTINGS -> Mail TAB and set fields like this:

1. Protocol: MAIL
2. Parameters: LEAVE EMPTY
3. Host: LEAVE EMPTY
4. SMTP Name: Leave empty
5. password: LEAVE EMPTY
6. SMTP Port: 25
7. Connection timeout: 5
8. Notification options
- YES
- YES
9.Textarea empty

AND SAVE... only one thing you must do is type your e-mail adress to General TAB
"* E-mail: yourmail@yourmail.com "

Works Good in my shop: Contact form, notification to customers after make order.
If you can't still send e-mail using contact form open file: /system/library/mail.php

Find line 97

Code: Select all
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline . $this->newline;

REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline;

Then upload again using FTP manager.

NONE OF THESE HAVE WORKED, I NEED A PERFECT SOLUTION THAT WOULD REALLY HELP ME TO OVERCOME THIS ISSUE AT THE EARLIEST! I don't find any issue with my hosting service as everything are working fine in custom forms but not in Opencart.

Post by kmit028 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:47 pm

I am having the same issue as you

But I think it may have something to do with the hosting provider as I also tried Prestashop and got the same issue.

I will try another provider and see if that resolves the issue (i have tried to resolve this with my current provider Crazy Domains, but their customer support is useless)

Post by deeve007 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:16 am

It is the hosting provider, but it is still a problem that needs to be rectified, as many hosting providers stop emails being sent "from" an email address not hosted on the server.

Zava Design | Naked Chronicles

Post by kmit028 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:43 am

deeve007 wrote:It is the hosting provider, but it is still a problem that needs to be rectified, as many hosting providers stop emails being sent "from" an email address not hosted on the server.
The thing is, the email address registered on my store is hosted by the same provider, hence all the emails sent by the store are from an email with the same domain as the website. BUT still the issue is present...

Anyway PLEASE could you recommend some website hosts which do not have this problem??

Post by deeve007 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:51 am

This isn't a hosting problem then, and a new host may have the exact same problem. Have you spoken with your host about the issue? The logs should give a guide as to what the issue is.

Zava Design | Naked Chronicles

Post by kmit028 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:50 am

So I finally got the emails to work. Well actually my host provider figured out the correct email settings for the mail section

have a look:
bestherbalhighs.com 2014-10-12 11 40 10.png

bestherbalhighs.com 2014-10-12 11 40 10.png (24.92 KiB) Viewed 9527 times

Now all the emails work: new order, new customer, contact form

Also, the email I am using is with the same domain as the website, so not using gmail or any other provider (not sure what the settings are for that)

Hope this helps

Post by mgavaldon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:44 am

The emails for my cart suddenly stopped working!

No customer sign-ups, no order notifications, but the contact form worked.

I've tried ALL these same fixes and NOTHING was working.

I finally got the order notification to work and email to me, AFTER I changed the store email to different email other than the store domain, it is at least emailing to me when an order is placed - BUT, the customer does not receive an email confirmation!

I have GoDaddy hosting.

Is anyone else having the same problems?? Does it seems like it is suddenly a random issue?

I've spent all weekend removing extensions, reinstalling the store - no email goes to the customer!
I am very frustrated and would hate to rebuild my store.

Post by kmit028 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 pm

@mgavaldon
Make a fresh installation of Opencart in the sub domain of your website
Then contact your host provider, give them the login details of the new installation and have them play around and configure it for you. This is what I did with my provider and they sorted it out (look above at my earlier post to see the settings they gave me). I am with crazy domains, so if all else fails just switch to them and it should work lol

Btw I was gonna leave crazy domains before they sorted it out for me. And I even called go daddy and they told me that Opencart should work perfectly with them and they have money back guarantee, so try calling them and have them look into it for you, that's my advice

Post by khiang » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:40 pm

alas! this happen to me to, fresh install 1.5.6.4 and using GMAIL. All have been set like my other site. But still customer not receiving order email

Post by fdarn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:20 am

Some email providers ESPECIALLY hotmail blocks emails sent from opencart. If you use Cpanel login and check your webmail. See if there are any bounced email messages. If there are contact your host and sent them the bounced emails. They should straighten it out for you. mine did for me and hotmail lifted the block.

Post by Jannie Tan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:53 am

kmit028 wrote:So I finally got the emails to work. Well actually my host provider figured out the correct email settings for the mail section

have a look:

Also, the email I am using is with the same domain as the website, so not using gmail or any other provider (not sure what the settings are for that)

Hope this helps
I have tried this out, but it totally didn't work for my website. ??? ???

Post by kmit028 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:02 am

Jannie Tan wrote:
kmit028 wrote:So I finally got the emails to work. Well actually my host provider figured out the correct email settings for the mail section

have a look:

Hope this helps
I have tried this out, but it totally didn't work for my website. ??? ???
This is the only option I can recommend:

Make a fresh installation of Opencart in the sub domain of your website
Then contact your host provider, give them the login details of the new installation and have them play around and configure it for you. This is what I did with my provider and they sorted it out (look above at my earlier post to see the settings they gave me). I am with crazy domains, so if all else fails just switch to them and it should work lol

Btw I was gonna leave crazy domains before they sorted it out for me. And I even called go daddy and they told me that Opencart should work perfectly with them and they have money back guarantee, so try calling them and have them look into it for you.

Yes this approach will take probably a couple of weeks of f@#king around with the Host provider but since the issue is on their end, you have no other choice.
that's my advice

Post by Jannie Tan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 am

Oh i see. Thanks alot for your advice. I will try on it and contact my host provider...
Thank you.

Post by Leoden » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 am

First of all don't use SMTP unless your web hosting provider prevents it,
if you are using godaddy.com shared hosting here is your solution if you are using other provider it might help:
https://foxrig.com/opencart-support