Post by kellydiek » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:30 pm

I am working on a client's site and need to export the products to a spreadsheet for editing. They are running version 1.5.6.4. I downloaded the compatible version of the Export/Import Tool and uploaded to the install according to the directions. The install must have worked because the 'tool/export' checkboxes were available in the User Group access and I in fact did check those boxes. But now I have combed over the entire admin and don't see an option anywhere to 'export'. Either I am a total idiot and cannot find where to go to perform the export, or the install perhaps did not get completed somehow. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:00 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kellydiek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:45 am

That first one "Export/Import Tool"

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:17 am

This one works:
opencart-1-5-6-x-export-import-1-18.zip\
This one:
opencart-1-5-1-to-1-5-6-x-export-import-multilingual-2-23.zip\
probably misses a CONTROLLER File, when clicking it's (same Location placed )Admin Link, it tells me that no such Page exists...

Good Luck,
I could not test it because of insufficient memory allocation for my 15'000 Product Test DB, as informed on the txt-file, enclosed with the Mod.
Ernie
bigmax.ch/shop/

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kellydiek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:34 am

I did use this one: opencart-1-5-6-x-export-import-1-18.zip that you are saying works. and it seemed to. but where do I go to actually perform the export? modules? catalog? I can't find it anywhere.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:58 am

there is just a button, top right screen, where you can export the Data. I imagine, it then automatically call's the DB, collects the data and export's it. Unfortunately, since I my server configuration does not allow me to use memory, as needed for such a 'large' task, I cannot complete it, kind of. To import data, from the PC to the Server, one has to select a file, because of this, one has the file selection routine shown, but exporting data, nothing such is required.
At least, I understud it that way, but I did not check the files, to find our exactly, to be honest...

Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kellydiek » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:35 am

I do not see those Export/Import buttons ANYWHERE! Here's what i see...
Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 1.33.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 1.33.07 PM.png (167 KiB) Viewed 3585 times

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:47 am

need I say more...?

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kellydiek » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:29 am

Trust me - I feel as dumb as you're trying to make me look - but I don't have that option!
1.png

1.png (21.76 KiB) Viewed 3583 times

But the checkboxes for the tool ARE in the user groups area... so it must be installed, right?
2.png

2.png (57.29 KiB) Viewed 3583 times

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:57 am

I always have ALL Fields enabled, so, I don't know, if 'one click-field only' in each Section only exists or more...
I spare no time for such minor details, usually ;D

1. Check, if your VqMd, related to this, is active, and produces no error.
2. Call: http://yoursite/shop/admin/index.php?ro ... ort&token=
PLUS: Add the Cookie-Admin Code, as written in your URL Addressline, such as: cv932447959cdc879fcf607359fc1a32
to make it look like:
http://yoursite/shop/admin/index.php?ro ... 7359fc1a32
and let me know, what you see.

Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kellydiek » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Well holy crap that worked wonderfully! there's just no link to get to it from the admin which is extremely inconvenient! Thank you SO much for your help, stranger! You made my WEEK!

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Must probably be the LINK in the export.xml -File:

Code: Select all

<file name="admin/view/template/common/header.tpl">
		<operation>
			<search position="after"><![CDATA[<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[        <li><a href="<?php echo $export; ?>"><?php echo $text_export; ?></a></li>]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file> 
make sure, it finds EXACTLY this in your header.tpl:

<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>
to add the Link correctly below that. OR THEN, remove the link from the VqMod and add it directly into the header.tpl, to make it work.

Anyway, it works... ;)

Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by GoldenRatioTech » Tue May 12, 2015 1:59 am

I wish this fixed the problem for me... I get a "You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator." when I try to go to the export tool using the link format. User group settings all have permissions for this tool. I've logged in and out multiple times. The vqmod shows as active and no errors. What else could be wrong or is there another way to export the products from my site so I can import them into another site. The tool is also missing form the system menu as others seem to have that problem as well but I have not been able to find the permissions issue.

I am upgrading to OpenCArt 2.0 and have decided to start fresh due to all the issues my old site was having but I have over 400 products and would love to transfer them. Have changed the theme as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post by nomic » Sat May 16, 2015 5:03 am

i am having the exact same problem as the guy above

i can enable and dissable just fine it shows and hides from the side menu but the permission settings do not show and when i click the import export it just says i dont have permission

can i have some help please guys

i am using Version 2.0.2.0

Post by nomic » Sat May 16, 2015 6:15 am

i have figured out my problem

there is an xml file in the zip file you install extract the xml file and ftp load it to your xml folder on your webserver mine was located in vqmod/xml

then install the zip as directed in the text file

when u refresh the modules folder make sure u only refresh once it looks like nothing has happened but it has each time u refresh it will activate or deactivate the mod but it doesnt tell u if it is active or not but if it is active it will show in one of the tabs

this fixed my issue and im now using import / export and it works great thanks guys for developing it

hope this helps

Post by koenhuys » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:11 pm

IP_CAM wrote:Must probably be the LINK in the export.xml -File:

<file name="admin/view/template/common/header.tpl">
		<operation>
			<search position="after"><![CDATA[<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[        <li><a href="<?php echo $export; ?>"><?php echo $text_export; ?></a></li>]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file> 
make sure, it finds EXACTLY this in your header.tpl:

<li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>
to add the Link correctly below that. OR THEN, remove the link from the VqMod and add it directly into the header.tpl, to make it work.

Dear sir,
I tried the above, and placed the link directly in the header.tpl, but it is giving me that the variable is unknown
koen

Anyway, it works... ;)

Ernie