Post by sideway5 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:25 am

Hello

I am having this issue: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/2085

Any chance you got around to make that vqmod fix?

Post by rockandgothfootwear » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Help getting error 1242 when importing products

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:51 pm

sideway5 wrote:Hello

Not at the moment. Make sure your admin language is the same as the default frontend language.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by olcaybagci » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello,

I have just uploaded the files to my system but I have niether errors nor export/import module. I have nothing extra in my admin panel. It seems like I haven't install the extension. It sounds really weird. How can I activate the extensio, what I need to do ?

O_C 1.5.6

Post by Felixya » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:29 pm

TAC wrote:Hi JNeuhoff,

Didn't realise this had just been released today :)

I have installed it on a test site with just a few dummy products. OC v1.5.6.1, using default theme that I have customised.

The export_import.xml file is showing in the vqmod folder.

I have added the tool to the Top Administrators permissions as well.

But I cannot find the tool in the dashboard under the System menu as I expected.
Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 20.12.41.png
I refreshed several times and then logged out and in again but no luck. I was logged in as the Top Administrator.

I had a hunt around for it but I guess I am looking in the wrong place for it?
Hello. I have the same problem with my website. I can give you some login access to verify?
Thank you.

Post by Standart » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 am

Hello,

Is there an option to import a CSV file (not XML)?
If not, is it easy to modify your extention to make it capable to do so (which file should I modify)?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:23 am

To all those who can't see the Export/Import in the admin backend after install: Please follow the readme.txt instruction. You also need a pre-installed VQmod on your server.

As regards CSV: The Export/Import tool only supports XLSX for the Export, and XLS, XLSX, ODS formats for the Import. CSV is quite different and not supported by this tool.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by MidtownMilitary » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks for an excellent extension. This solves all of my issues with the previous version (so far.)
However, you need to add a note about the admin folder name to the readme. If the admin folder is not "admin", the paths in export_import.xml need to be changed to reflect the correct directory. If you don't do this, the extension will not show up in the system menu.

Post by 528491 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Hello,
I want to thank you first for the incredible tool you provide to the community.

I have a problem with the back-end of the store. When I import of the new .xls file via the tool, the "Products" page in the Opencart admin area becomes empty - it shows 0 products (!). However, in the front end the products show perfectly fine.

Am I missing something?

Also when I try to export .xls file after this newly imported .xls file, I get error:

Code: Select all

Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes)
  • Opencart is version 1.5.5.1 and Tool is "opencart-1-5-1-to-1-5-6-x-export-import-multilingual-2-19.zip"
    The cells are all filled with data, including the unique product ids for newly added products.
    I have tried both incremental method and the "delete old data" method.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 pm

528491 wrote:the "Products" page in the Opencart admin area becomes empty - it shows 0 products (!). However, in the front end the products show perfectly fine.

Am I missing something?
See https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/2085 where this was discussed in detail. In general, your admin backend language should be the same as the default frontend language.

Guru Member

Post by 528491 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:40 am

Thank you kindly for such quick response & solution. Best,

Post by 528491 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Good day again,

I found the cause of my blank Products list in admin - it was the admin_quick_edit vQmod extension that I use (http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3805). I have it updated to the latest version and my vQmod is also the latest version.

As soon as I disabled Admin Quick Edit, the products show just fine in admin after import, no matter what the admin language is. However, if I enable the extension back, and if my admin language is English (default), the admin will not show the Products list. If I set the admin to other language, the products show perfectly fine.

Do you possibly have any suggestion how could the Admin Quick Edit extension cause this bug?
Also, are you stil planning to release a vQmod fix for this language-specific bug, as you proposed in the GitHub discussion?

Post by vic26 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi JNeuhoff,

I have added a new field in oc_product table. If i try to export or import the product table it gives undefined variable error.

Is it possible to add that field too to export ??

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:52 pm

vic26 wrote:Hi JNeuhoff,

I have added a new field in oc_product table. If i try to export or import the product table it gives undefined variable error.

Is it possible to add that field too to export ??

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
To add support for your new field, edit the admin/model/tool/export_import.php in methods:

storeProductIntoDatabase
uploadProducts
validateProducts
getProducts
populateProductsWorksheet

Use a VQmod XML script for specifying the needed modifications.

Guru Member

Post by vic26 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:14 am

Hi JNeuhoff,

Thank you so much for your assistance. It works !

Is it the same procedure if i added an extra field in oc_product_description table ??

Thanks.

Post by vic26 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 am

Hi,

i'm using opencart version 1.5.6.4 and added meta_title i see that if meta_title exist it will also export but i'm getting undefined index meta_title error.

Please help me out and looking for your kind reply.

Thanks.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:23 am

vic26 wrote:Hi,

i'm using opencart version 1.5.6.4 and added meta_title i see that if meta_title exist it will also export but i'm getting undefined index meta_title error.

Please help me out and looking for your kind reply.

Thanks.
I am unable to reproduce your problem. The product_description.meta_title was introduced in OpenCart 2 and is therefore suported by the Export/Import tool, even on older OpenCart versions.

Guru Member

Post by 528491 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:53 am

Hello,
just wanted to post solution to my problem, if anyone else will require, it is very simple.

Simply add a copy of entire "name" column in the Excel sheet, and rename the column heading inside parentheses with whichever your installed and default language is.

In example, my admin is in English and my default (front-end) language is Croatian. Therefore my two "name" columns are:
name(hr) and
name(en)

One major important thing is to make sure that before uploading the Excel file, all used languages are set to "Enabled" in System > Localisation > Languages. Otherwise, the other language column will not get populated in the database!
After the upload is successfull, you can set the not needed languages back to "Disabled".

Post by iamafaker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:41 am

Sir, does your extension support exporting customer details?

Post by natedang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:12 am

sideway5 wrote:Hello

I have the same problem with youuu and I haven't come up with any solutions yet :'(
Anyways, Thanks for all the information above

SimiCart is a product of Magestore - the top 3 Magento Mobile App Builder. SimiCart helps storeowners create Magento Mobile Apps, which is compatible with your Magento Webstore. No more 30 days of building one app, only within 3 mins you can have powerful Magento Mobile Apps with optimized mobile UI in your customers’ pocket.