Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:28 am

I have a set of products on my site that get 100% free shipping and handling. So I created a coupon and placed those products in the "Products" section of that coupon. It all works as it should BUT what I don't want to happen is to have the coupon work IF they add another product, that the coupon doesn't apply to, into the cart.

Clarification:
Item A added to cart - use coupon code they get free shipping and handling - as they should.
Item Z added to cart - not an item coupon applies to, but they still get free shipping and handling.

Is there a way to have the coupon code removed if a product is added to the cart that the coupon doesn't have included in the "Products" that the coupon applies to?
Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Funkywatch » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 am

Hi Mike

As far as i am aware coupons only work when they are manually entered at the checkout by the buyer, it will also only work on the products you have entered into the coupon details, so even if they enter it at checkout, if its not in the allowed list then it will not apply the discount.

Or so mine works anyway. How do you get all buyers of these products to know about the code?

Regards
Sally

Kids accessories gifts shop
http://www.gigglemonsters.co.uk

Location - Lincolnshire, UK

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:07 am

What you wrote is true but if you take my example the coupon still applies to the cart when other items are added to the cart the coupon doesn't apply to.
In this case what I mean is they add item "tip" to cart and use the "removeship" coupon. This removes shipping and handling. Then they add "frog" to the cart. By adding "frog" to the cart, they no longer should get free shipping or free handling BUT the coupon still applies to the cart because "tip" is in the cart.

In my opinion the coupon should be removed and not be allowed to be applied if "frog" (or any other non-included item) is added to the cart.

Mike

Expert Member

Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:31 am

Anyone have a solution or thought on how I might be doing this wrong?

I have it so the handling fee is removed via a coupon if they are only ordering tips. BUT if they add more the the amount that also removes the handling fee then they can still use the coupon to remove the handling fee giving them a larger discount. I wish to have the coupon removed if either case happens... they add more then the amount that removes the handing fee or add products that isn't covered by the coupon.....

Mike

Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:35 am

If what I've concluded is right, you want to have a coupon apply only when the basket contains the items listed in the "products" list ONLY. Anything else and it invalidates the coupon. If so, you would need to custom code this Mike, it's not possible to do by default

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:38 am

Yup you were able to decipher my posts. I don't know why my language skills seem to run away from me some days :)

I guess, to me, the whole Coupon system needs a bit more work. It should allow removal of coupons, choice to allow multiple coupons to be used, a range of a total coupon is used on (i.e. works with a total between $0.01 and $40), and to have the coupon automatically be removed if products that are not included in the coupon are added to the cart.

Thank you for the feedback... I need to see what I do from here.

Mike

Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:45 am

Interesting. I'm working on my coupon filters extension for 2.0 (upgrading from 1.5.x) at the moment. Some of these features will definitely be added (max cart total and the issue you've mentioned here for disabling when products not in list are added) though only to the 2.x version as it's not really practical to add to my 1.5.x coupon filters extension

Guru Member

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:55 am

JAY6390 wrote:Interesting. I'm working on my coupon filters extension for 2.0 (upgrading from 1.5.x) at the moment. Some of these features will definitely be added (max cart total and the issue you've mentioned here for disabling when products not in list are added) though only to the 2.x version as it's not really practical to add to my 1.5.x coupon filters extension

Well that would be good but I am sticking with 1.5.6.x for a while. I have fixed a lot of little things and my SEO pack will only work with 1.5.6.x. Plus without a smooth upgrade from 1.5.6.x to 2.x I don't see me moving up to 2.x without some really compelling things. I just wish there was a lot more compatible stuff with 2.x.

Thank you VERY much for the replies.
Mike

Expert Member

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:05 am

Yeah I totally understand - I still recommend 1.5.X not 2.X to anyone that asks. But as upgrading requires an entire rewrite and people want the upgrades, I can add features in as I'm debugging it all. Anyway, if you're desperate for the only products in the product box feature for your coupons, get in touch via PM and I can provide a quote for the works if you wish. Will be a vQmod so no core overwrites

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member