Post by Crom » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 pm

UPDATE

(1) getting in touch with Openbay support crew yields results. friendly and efficient. If you have trouble getting onto them just keep trying !! (thanks Daniel for checking things out too)

(2) Make sure your initial registration contains the absolute path to the store - not just your domain name. Although you specify the path within openday; it seems that your initial signup address will be used. ...caused us headaches and I'm hoping we didn't cause openbay to have one also

(3) no news on manual update. I am scared to try it. Cannot make the ftp link to auto update. None-the-less openbay is running fine.

(4) Stock variants extension also working.

SO for anyone who suffers any of the problems I described in the previous post = have no fear there are resolutions and the openbay staff are very helpful once you get onto them.

Post by storm-cloud » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Personally I feel the fees for OpenBay Pro are too high for what they application is actually doing. You can subscribe to a complete hosted eCommerce solution for this kind of money.

Sure, it may be useful but the fees really do need to be lower. A once off purchase fee would be more appropriate.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by storm-cloud » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 am

MarketInSG wrote:tell that to them, not us, since we don't control their fees.
This wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

In fact, I believe Welford Media frequents these forums so perhaps if others share a similar view, then this discussion may prompt support for this move. If not, then it would appear I am alone in this opinion.

This is a discussions forum, is it not? I was merely sharing my thoughts in this open discussion. :)

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

i dislike those openbay stuffs in 1.5.6. Just clotting up the whole system, with bugs and junk...

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by i2Paq » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 pm

MarketInSG wrote:i dislike those openbay stuffs in 1.5.6. Just clotting up the whole system, with bugs and junk...
Indeed.

I cannot understand the programmers who coded this NEVER actually looked at the OpenCart code but just went their own way.

Now we, common users, are stuck with this cr*p.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by storm-cloud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:22 pm

i2Paq wrote:I cannot understand the programmers who coded this NEVER actually looked at the OpenCart code but just went their own way.
Yes, I actually finally decided to make the upgrade from v1.5.1.3 (had been putting this off for a while due to the extensive library of modifications, many of which I have to rewrite myself) and started to upgrade to 1.5.6.

When I discovered the code which was used for OpenBay, especially that which was hardcoded in the core files, I decided to start again with v1.5.5.1. Luckily most of the changes I had already made for the upgrade worked between these two versions. A week later and still going (on a test server of course)... Nearly finished though!

I also support the move for OpenBay to be removed from the core, or at the very least making this an extension which can be installed by choice. Reading over some of Daniel's posts would suggest that he has taken the feedback on board, and has already made the decision to do this. :)

Post by debbiekipt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi
I am on 1.5.5.1 and would like to offer the recurring payments and Amazon payment option 1.5.6 has, but do not want Openbay.

Is this possible and if so which is the most stable version to use in a live shop to achieve this?

Many thanks

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:12 am

You will need 1.5.6.x to get the recurring payments - I believe the latest version of it doesn't load OpenBay by default

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by debbiekipt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Many thanks for your post JAY6390, thats great to hear :-)

If upgrading from 1.5.5.1, would it be better to go to 1.5.6.4 rather than 1.5.6?

Cheers
Last edited by debbiekipt on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.