Post by gauravchawla18 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi ,

I am using opencart script v1.5.4 since last 2 years and since last 4 days I am getting this issue that when I click on few Categories the website stops responding and goes to connection times out.

At first I was believing that it's my hosting issue and they have some problem in the server but everything was perfect at their side. After a long conversation with host provider finally we came to the conclusion that opencart script is blocking the IP addresses automatically and crashing the server. Whenever the website crash you can't access anything below:

http://www.mywesite.com
http://www.mywesite.com/admin

In the meantime if you just switch a different a different internet connection with a different ip the website is working perfect.

I have tried the website from lots of different random ip's locally and internationally, every time same issue.

I have to restart the modem to get a new dynamic ip from the isp as there is no static ip and once you restart the modem it refresh and assign a new ip to the connection which works until I click on specific Category.

The problem occurs again and again & website shows connection timed out.

I am getting following Error in Error LOG

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: wishlist in /home/content/18/mywebsite/html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_default_template_product_category.tpl on line 13

I have been told by the host provider that there is something in the script which is blocking the IP addresses to prevent fraud and scamming .
I am getting so much complains from my customers regarding this and nobody can browse the website properly because of this issue.

Kindly help me and explain what exactly I have to do to solve this issue. I can provide the admin passwords also if required for any modifications.

Thanks,

GC

Post by artcore » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Just a hunch...
Check if your host is using ModSecurity and if so examine the logs...

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by gauravchawla18 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Did everything but godaddy is of not much use. I am using shared hosting.

Thanks,

GC

Post by artcore » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Intriguing issue!
It does sound to me like some sort of security is kicking in, mod_sec, a firewall and such. Isn't there anything useful in the error logs inside the hosting panel?
cPanel has incorporated new mod_sec rules(OWASP) with their latest release and those have caused several issues. I'm not using them personally as I'm happy with Comodo's WAF. But I do wonder in this case.

The only anti-fraud I know of inside OC, is the MaxMind Fraud Detection, so you can disable it temporarily if you're using it.

If you want PM or post the site so we can take a look.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by gauravchawla18 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:51 pm

I have send across a PM to you.

Thanks,

GC

Post by schlegk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:49 am

I am having this same problem. Everyone can see my site, except me! Any ideas please?
Last edited by schlegk on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:55 am

Feel free to contact us and we can probably help both of you out. sales@evolvewebhost.com and provide us with steps to reproduce the errors.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA