Post by garuda » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:33 am

I am posting this screenshot as a WARNING to OpenCart web developers and customers to stay away from using MijoShop (miwisoft.com, med.miwisoft.com). Do you really want to do business with a company with this kind of integrity?

btw, I always recommend using pure OpenCart, but some clients already have decided to go with MijoShop and/or prefer it for certain Joomla! features.

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Their marketplace has plenty of extensions downloaded from OpenCart Store, and selling under various 'developer' names. I would avoid selling on their marketplace too. I'm not sure how honest / trustworthy they are (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=123405)

Anyway, you could just edit all your extensions and upload an empty zip file and delete off the descriptions, and leave the account on their marketplace. Why bother ;)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by garuda » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Good idea @MarketInSG. I wasn't able to delete the "digital download" files of my extensions in my MED account, which is shady, but I was able to unlink them from the listings and delete all the descriptions. Definitely am leaving, never going back, and will warn others.

Update:

Post by garuda » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:19 am

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:14 am

It's pretty easy, just don't bother. There's no logic for you to pay them the amount to remove your account. They wouldn't refund the customers that purchased too, as I believe some of the purchases is already past the PayPal's refund duration.

Anyway, they have 2 extensions that's obviously a clone of ours, and they are refusing to take it down. Just filed a DMCA against them, will await for it to be removed.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by garuda » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:06 am

Glad to hear you are doing something about it. I hope this thread helps others - I wish I hadn't wasted all that time making my extensions compatible with their bloated and buggy software. :(

Final screenshot of my ticket:

Post by garuda » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:25 am

Post by Dhaupin » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:33 am

Wow what a bunch of drybags.

You should stay activated the upload your discussion as "the mod" so that all the folks who purchased from you can see the ignorance. As a bonus, include the links and resources to get updates from alternate sources.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by garuda » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 am

UPDATE: So I woke up this morning to about a dozen emails from PayPal along the lines of "Miwisoft LLC has opened a dispute over the payment made to you on MM DD YYYY indicating that they never received the item." Incredible. Most of them were closed automatically by PayPal, because "it was not opened within our filing deadline, and we will not investigate for now". Still looks bad on my record. A few remain open and were elevated to "Claim" status, and now my PayPal account is negative, because PayPal already took the money out.

Post by garuda » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 am

Called and cleared it up with PayPal. Explained everything and pointed them to this post. They closed all claims!

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 am

That's great for you :)

I filed a couple of DMCA claims against them for our extensions on their directory and they filed a counter claim. Anyone interested to pick up a legal law suit against them together? ;) Would love to see them close totally with such irresponsible attitude.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by Dhaupin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 pm

MarketInSG wrote:That's great for you :)

I filed a couple of DMCA claims against them for our extensions on their directory and they filed a counter claim. Anyone interested to pick up a legal law suit against them together? ;) Would love to see them close totally with such irresponsible attitude.
I doubt they have much funding to power a lawsuit. If there was a serious poke towards them they would just settle. Could prob find a lawyer who would do this for no upfront (since its an easy win)

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by garuda » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:59 am

I don't have any claim unless they re-publish any of my extensions. I'll keep an eye on 'em. ;)

Post by Daniel » Tue May 19, 2015 1:58 am

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue May 19, 2015 2:13 am

dont signup to his site hes probably harvesting passwords.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue May 19, 2015 2:18 am

Taj <********@gmail.com>
23/07/2014

to webmaster
Contact Details

Name: Taj
E-Mail: *******@gmail.com
IP: 71.64.204.135

Enquiry:

http://med.miwisoft.com/mijoshop/paymen ... processing

Someone emailed today needing help with my plugin, they said they got it from here... I have never listed my plugin here, nor have I ever heard of them. I think they are scraping your site for plugins and listing them.

Also I see several paid plugins where their dates are bad for updates, and the plugins are listed more expensive than here.. so I'm not sure if they are purchasing plugins and reselling them, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by MarketInSG » Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 am

We've previously filed a DMCA against them for the extensions they have on their website, but they filed a counter claim. They host on liquid web, so anyone interested to file a DMCA against them can do so through liquid web.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:52 am

Mijoshop has also incorporated an older version of our Export/Import tool into its commercial software, without acknowledging our authorship, nor providing a link to the original source, thus Mijoshop has violated the GPLv3 license.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:05 am

As an update, we received an email from Denis Dulici in which he pointed out that the Export/Import (an older version from what I can see) is available from the Miwisoft/Mijoshop tools page.

We also sent him a reply, as follows:
So has the Export/Import tool now been removed from the Mijoshop 1.6.3
ZIP file which is sold as a commercial product? Also, where is the
missing 'license.txt' file?
And where is a download link for the whole source files of Mijoshop
which is based on OpenCart, as per the GPLv3?
Update 2: We got a reply to our questions, as follows:
1) Export/Import tool has never EVER been into MijoShop.

2) You're right about license file, it seems our guys has removed it thinking is not used. I sincerely apologize for that and have just added. As you can see from that page, we openly say who is the original developer.

3) MijoShop is commercial product so you should purchase it in order to get the files. Having OpenCart inside doesn't change anything and is more than normal for GPL http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
This begs the question whether the OpenCart GPLv3 should perhaps be changed to another open source license, to keep the free source files and their modifications and/or extensions freely downloadable? Any suggestions?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:33 am

MijoShop / MiwiSoft has never been honest. They still have our software on their marketplace and refuse to take it down (http://med.miwisoft.net/mijoshop/tools/ ... e-checkout). Just waiting for someone to take legal action against them someday...

I think GPL is fine, it's quite flexible and ensures developers have easy access to the source codes for modifications when needed.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore