Post by steeevo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi, I am a complete noob who has spent weeks trudging through the basics of using opencart for my website.

I got cocky and upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.01 (?) and although the admin dashboard looks normal my storefront is a mess.

I cannot understand why. I'm beginning to realise that I should have paid someone to build me a website. ::)

Any ideas that don't require an IT degree?

Notice: Undefined index: banner_id in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/slideshow.php on line 14Notice: Error: Table 'steve_opencart.oc_module' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT * FROM oc_module WHERE module_id = '0' in /home4/steve/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/model/extension/module.php on line 6Notice: Undefined index: limit in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 20Notice: Undefined index: product in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 24Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 24Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 26Notice: Error: Table 'steve_opencart.oc_module' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM oc_module WHERE module_id = '0' in /home4/steve/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/model/extension/module.php on line 6Notice: Undefined index: banner_id in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/carousel.php on line 14Notice: Error: Table 'steve_opencart.oc_module' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM oc_module WHERE module_id = '0' in /home4/steve/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/model/extension/module.php on line 6

Post by lz1nud » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:42 pm

You should make subdomains and run test instalations and upgrades just to see how it's going. If you don't do that, strongly suggest you make full backup before do anything with your site.

I can't help you with your problem. There was free extention with script for upgrading from 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.1.0 , but not sure if this will fix your problem, anyway you may try it.

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by pm-netti » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 am

steeevo wrote:Hi, I am a complete noob who has spent weeks trudging through the basics of using opencart for my website.

I got cocky and upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.01 (?) and although the admin dashboard looks normal my storefront is a mess.

I cannot understand why. I'm beginning to realise that I should have paid someone to build me a website. ::)

Any ideas that don't require an IT degree?

Notice: Undefined index: banner_id in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/slideshow.php on line 14Notice: Error: Table 'steve_opencart.oc_module' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM oc_module WHERE module_id = '0' in /home4/steve/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/model/extension/module.php on line 6Notice: Undefined index: limit in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 20Notice: Undefined index: product in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 24Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 24Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/featured.php on line 26Notice: Error: Table 'steve_opencart.oc_module' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM oc_module WHERE module_id = '0' in /home4/steve/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/model/extension/module.php on line 6Notice: Undefined index: banner_id in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/controller/module/carousel.php on line 14Notice: Error: Table 'steve_opencart.oc_module' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM oc_module WHERE module_id = '0' in /home4/steve/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/steve/public_html/catalog/model/extension/module.php on line 6
Good guys,
why many here use "development team" incomplete upgrade script?

Recommended upgrade extension (for all):
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19572
With this extension, you can do 30-60 seconds, fully finished Upgrade.

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by steeevo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 pm

I've tried removing the entire opencart installation - effectively wiping my website.

Can't even do that right. :D

Will see if Hostgator support can help me.

Edit: worked it out. We go again!

Post by Timerman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Hhhmmmm Pleased to see I was not the only one who had this problem, It's exactly the same as I was confronted with but to simplify life I just deleted the slideshow and banner modules and that did away with the errors being displayed on the home page as the modules were disabled anyway.

When you go into the slideshow module to edit it, it asks for module name to be entered so it then becomes a sub directory of slideshow the same with banner module even though set to disabled, so the simple remedy was just to uninstall / delete in module admin

Post by markjacks » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi steeevo, any updates yet on what HG support advised you to do here? Image

Post by pla1829 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:08 am

pm-netti wrote:
Good guys,
why many here use "development team" incomplete upgrade script?

Recommended upgrade extension (for all):
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=19572
With this extension, you can do 30-60 seconds, fully finished Upgrade.
Does the extension work well for upgrades? Because I am having failed upgrades from 2.0.0.0 and want to know if this extension might solve the problem. On a side note, I also have other extensions installed. Could these extensions have any affect on an installation?

Post by pm-netti » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:48 am

pla1829 wrote: Does the extension work well for upgrades? Because I am having failed upgrades from 2.0.0.0 and want to know if this extension might solve the problem. On a side note, I also have other extensions installed. Could these extensions have any affect on an installation?
This extension has been refined in the past to work on :)
This program updates the database structure to the latest version. Other available plug-ins do not interfere with the upgrade, the upgrade takes place through their own "converter/" directory manually, which is somewhat similar to the "admin" directory.
Since this is a very comprehensive program, it can upgrade ALL opencart trade versions (from version 1.4.7 to version 2.0.0.0), in front of the will, of course, the situation in the database, which is not compatible. This is the login Admin user. Older versions do not have the column "salt" in table "user". That is why I recommend to use the program included with the "user.php" files that are specific versions of the directories "upload/help_ bla bla bla".

Post by pla1829 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:21 am

pm-netti wrote: This extension has been refined in the past to work on :)
This program updates the database structure to the latest version. Other available plug-ins do not interfere with the upgrade, the upgrade takes place through their own "converter/" directory manually, which is somewhat similar to the "admin" directory.
Since this is a very comprehensive program, it can upgrade ALL opencart trade versions (from version 1.4.7 to version 2.0.0.0), in front of the will, of course, the situation in the database, which is not compatible. This is the login Admin user. Older versions do not have the column "salt" in table "user". That is why I recommend to use the program included with the "user.php" files that are specific versions of the directories "upload/help_ bla bla bla".
I tried using the converter but when I go to http://YOURSHOP/converter/index.php I receive "The page you requested cannot be found!"

Post by pm-netti » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:23 pm

pla1829 wrote: I tried using the converter but when I go to http://YOURSHOP/converter/index.php I receive "The page you requested cannot be found!"
Your server settings that cause.
You need to store to do first two changes:
1. Change SEO to sataus Disabled. ( If necessary, your file http: //YOURSTORE/.htacess name will be rename to eg. http: //YOURSTORE/.htacess.txt)
2. The recommended change is also "Config SSL" to status Disabled

Post by pla1829 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:45 am

pm-netti wrote: Your server settings that cause.
1. Change SEO to sataus Disabled. ( If necessary, your file http: //YOURSTORE/.htacess name will be rename to eg. http: //YOURSTORE/.htacess.txt)
I changed SEO to status Disabled and renamed .htaccess to .htaccess.txt. I also made sure "Config SSL" was Disabled.

This time when I went to EXAMPLE.com/converter/index.php I received a 500 Internal Server Error ???

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

What to do?

Post by pm-netti » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:23 pm

pla1829 wrote:
pm-netti wrote: Your server settings that cause.
I changed SEO to status Disabled and renamed .htaccess to .htaccess.txt. I also made sure "Config SSL" was Disabled.

This time when I went to EXAMPLE.com/converter/index.php I received a 500 Internal Server Error ???

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

What to do?
Server settings somehow interfere.
Should you do the update in a page mode copy of your database?

Ps. This small info:
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

Post by pla1829 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:30 am

Maybe... what does that require?

Post by pm-netti » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:52 am

pla1829 wrote:Maybe... what does that require?
Could you please contact your webhosting webmaster?

Post by pm-netti » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:25 pm

pla1829 wrote:Maybe... what does that require?
You can also do subdomain, without your trade files.