arrived as:

Code: Select all

äöüÄÖÜ ß ?\/()[]!"§$%& 'quote' "dquote" àáô
Sorry!

php: 5.2.9
apache: 2.x
mail & smtp
Outlook 2007

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ckpepper02 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:18 am

ckpepper02 wrote: Emails are not going out from the Update order OR the Mail section of the Admin panel. I CAN send emails from my server though, as I posted a test emailer using PHP on my site, and I get the emails just fine.
Ok, check that. The emails ARE going out from the Mail feature of the site, just not from the Customer Order Update section. For some reason, it takes forever to reach my inbox.

Post by Daniel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 am

did u all click the notify customer checkbox?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:58 am

joomx wrote:Just a quick reply: no ot does not!

As you know, my teststring:

arrived as:

Sorry!

php: 5.2.9
apache: 2.x
mail & smtp
Outlook 2007
I don;t care about your silly test string. this is a completly different problem. one that is fixed in the next version and has nothing to do with the mail class.

this is a botu people not receving mail. not the encoded values.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by ckpepper02 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 am

Daniel wrote:did u all click the notify customer checkbox?
Yes.

Post by ckpepper02 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 am

Now that I am using a more current version (1.3.0), is the concensus that using SMTP alleviates this issue?

Post by djcraig49 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 am

I have a similar problem. Since updating from v1.3.4 to v1.4.0 the emails have stopped working properly.

Im using the mail function on a linux server and the same server details which worked perfectly before hand.

If the customers email address is hotmail or google mail it works fine, however if i use my btconnect.com or my websites email address as the customer or store owner, than i don't receive any emails at all. I have absolutely no idea why and have been messing about with this for the last couple of weeks now. Please help...

Post by npws » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 pm

So it's been a couple months since I first reported this issue- still nothing.

And as for saying "it's the server, not OpenCart"... then why is this the ONLY email that won't send out?

Post by npws » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 am

Anyone?

Post by npws » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

???

Post by ckpepper02 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 am

npws wrote:???
I don't know what happened, but mine is working. I DID discover that my email is MAAAAADDD slooow. I have a gmail and business account, and gmail always hits immediately. I wish I could be of help to you all, God knows I feel your pain.

Post by npws » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 pm

It'd be nice if we could get some input from the OpenCart staff?

Post by npws » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:47 pm

The lack of support for this issue is alarming. I will most definitely think twice before considering OpenCart for any future client projects.

EDIT- It's been over a month since an admin posted on this thread. That's really, really lame.

Post by Daniel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 pm

what lack of support. i'm looking into the issue. trying to get the fix in the next version. 9/times out of 10 its your server setup incorrectly. or some spam filter.

you really think i should go around logining into every ones servers to invesitgate the problems? i'm npt being paid for it! pay me some money and i will look into it.

it works on my server and many others.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by npws » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:54 am

Daniel wrote:what lack of support. i'm looking into the issue. trying to get the fix in the next version. 9/times out of 10 its your server setup incorrectly. or some spam filter.

you really think i should go around logining into every ones servers to invesitgate the problems? i'm npt being paid for it! pay me some money and i will look into it.

It has been MONTHS.

Also, you can clearly see there are many people with this issue. Even QPhoria says he sent out a test and I never received it.

It seems to me like all the admins want to do is blame our systems for a common issue. That is not fair.

Also, demanding payment for fixing a product you created and claim to support is extremely unprofessional. I can't believe you'd even stoop that low.

Post by Killerj » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

npws wrote:
Daniel wrote:what lack of support. i'm looking into the issue. trying to get the fix in the next version. 9/times out of 10 its your server setup incorrectly. or some spam filter.

It has been MONTHS.

Also, you can clearly see there are many people with this issue. Even QPhoria says he sent out a test and I never received it.

It seems to me like all the admins want to do is blame our systems for a common issue. That is not fair.

Also, demanding payment for fixing a product you created and claim to support is extremely unprofessional. I can't believe you'd even stoop that low.
The lack of support for this issue is alarming. I will most definitely think twice before considering OpenCart for any future client projects.
Well, Keep it Cool. He said he will fix it in the next version. If you are so desperate to get this fixed asap, Why don't you go for commercial support? From what you said and i've quote above, You want this fixed for your clients right? Charge them extra and get this done, Simple as that.

Edit: I don't think the new release is far. So, why not be patient. You've waited so far, Why not few more?

Post by i2Paq » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

npws wrote:Also, demanding payment for fixing a product you created and claim to support is extremely unprofessional. I can't believe you'd even stoop that low.
Lets not forget that OpenCart is free-of-charge and as is.

That means that if there are issues not as common as yours it could take a while before it gets fixt.

I agree with Killerj, if you need this fixt get commercial help and charge you client extra.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Daniel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:56 am

please post the full mail message including headers.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by NatureGlass » Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Just figure out why the Update is not notifying the customer!
I had the same issue but I was missing something…

It’s NOT OpenCart Bug, you mast check that the customer is Approved!!!

If it’s NOT Approved then the Order History Update is not going to send any mails.

Hope this will help! O0

Post by vacker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 am

I have used OC's Mail class to send an HTML e-mail. Depending on the destination address / server the result is different. In most of the cases the e-mail is delivered successfully but there are exceptions.
E.g. the Kaspersky Mail Gateway that is used by my ISP produces the following anti-virus notification:
subject: Auto: Anti-Virus Notification [Kaspersky Mail Gateway]
to: ...
Kaspersky Mail Gateway reports a problem in the following message:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message envelope info:
MAIL FROM: <nfo@happstor.com>
RCPT TO: <zoltanackermann@mail.datanet.hu>

The following problems were encountered while scanning the message:

Message part info:
filename(s):
(taken from Content-Type, Content-Disposition fields)
MIME-type:
charset:
action: pass

You can find the message, processed in accordance with the Anti-Virus policy set
at the mailing system, attached to this notification. Be extremely careful with
this message, it still may contain virus(es) or other malicious code (depending
on actions performed on message, see information above).

This message was generated by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.5.139/RELEASE running at host cacilus-filter.datanet.hu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Original Subject.eml
Subject:
Original Subject
HappstoR <nfo@happstor.com>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:03:57 +0100
To:
zoltanackermann@mail.datanet.hu
Received:
from cacilus.datanet.hu (127.0.0.1) by cacilus-filter.datanet.hu with ESMTP id oN472mNk10734; Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:04:07 +0100
Received:
from mx6.datanet.hu (mx6.datanet.hu [194.149.13.165]) by cacilus.datanet.hu (DataNet) with ESMTP id 0C3BA50A30 for <zoltanackermann@mail.datanet.hu>; Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:04:07 +0100 (CET)
Received:
from acker (kwhwq75brw.adsl.datanet.hu [195.56.249.173]) by mx6.datanet.hu (DataNet) with SMTP id AACD7130CA7 for <zoltanackermann@mail.datanet.hu>; Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:04:06 +0100 (CET)
X-PHP-Originating-Script:
0:mail.php
Reply-To:
HappstoR <nfo@happstor.com>
X-Mailer:
PHP/5.3.3
MIME-Version:
Content-Type:
multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_23c77e370c6299590983466947864f32"
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
8bit
Message-ID:
<20101031220406.AACD7130CA7@mx6.datanet.hu>
X-SpamTest-Info:
Profile: Formal (1313/101012)
X-SpamTest-Info:
Spam Detection Hard; Marking Spam - Subject
X-SpamTest-Status:
Not detected
X-SpamTest-Version:
SMTP-Filter Version 2.0.0 [0125], KAS/Release

Hello bello...
"Hello bello..." was the content of the message. Three dots within the quote indicate parts that I did not copy here.
If I send a simple text message with the Mail class then it is delivered without such notification.
Well, I used the Mail class of OC 1.4.8 and set both the text and html fields of the Mail class.

Any idea?