Post by thebigr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi

OK so I have rawled this site for a comprehensive answer to this issue and have tried many fixes:

1: changing the API field to '1' in the database
2: reinstalling (of which I have now done 7 times)
3: testing the ping for the domain name

etc etc

So here's the skinny, I am hosted with Heart Internet, they say they do not allow loopbacks, but they also say that there must be an error with the code for opencart - which I assume must be correct as the old version of opencart always ran fine from Heart...

so when I try and delete an order I get this message (in chrome): Warning: CURL error Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)!

and when I try and edit the order I get this as a popup: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
OK

I am running my site on a sub-domain but I've never had issues doing that in the past...

Does anyone know if there will be a fix for this in the future - or do you guys have anything else I can try to remedy this, it's driving me nuts :crazy:

Merry Christmas ;)

Post by gillsquills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi There,

Having exactly the same problem, anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Post by opencarthow.com » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:06 am

gillsquills wrote:Hi There,

Having exactly the same problem, anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
You can try this solution first: How to fix error SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input OK when editing order in OpenCart 2

Our free extensions:
Advanced Layout System, Display Raw Product Description in Product List, Minimum Order Amount Requirement, Add to Wish List Redirect for Anonymous Customer

Post by xcentriq » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Attempted the above guide, still no luck. Not sure if this is the same issue, very similar pop up error but in FireFox.

"SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

OK"

Post by opencarthow.com » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:01 am

xcentriq wrote:Attempted the above guide, still no luck. Not sure if this is the same issue, very similar pop up error but in FireFox.

"SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

OK"
It seems that your server causes the problem. You can submit your site url, a temporary admin account and a FTP account here, so I can take a look at the problem closer.

Our free extensions:
Advanced Layout System, Display Raw Product Description in Product List, Minimum Order Amount Requirement, Add to Wish List Redirect for Anonymous Customer

Post by moddish » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:00 pm

you sure its his server, i get the same error when editing, and the error also appears on the opencart demo page when you edit a page.

Post by mar24 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:50 pm

How to fix error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data OK OpenCart 2.0.1.1????
Cant change product status and send it to the customer.
Pending status works fine but if i want to change it to complete.
Cant edit / delete orders

Products uploaded and customers waiting what could be the problem????
Please help!!!!!

Post by alexlasmar » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello Guys . I Discovered some things about it, you will EDIT and DELETE orders normally. Firstly you should understand that each change need new procedure. Honestly until now I did not understand why it was designed like that, but if you do it you will edit and delete your orders and products normally. Should be certain that maintenance mode is Off.

When we are editing orders , change filled fields, we press NEXT button to the next steps until the last past called ' Totals '. Look here, there is a refresh button in front of each parameter 'Shipping Method ', ' Payment Method ', ' Coupon ' and etc.

Press refresh button in front each changes that you did. The ' Payment Method' button is protecting all changes, only after you press 'refresh' you can save and validate all changes that you already did. The customer name could be not edited, you should EDIT in CUSTOMER firstly, before modify your order.

So the question is? Why we should press 'Payment Method' button if it was not changed?

Post by webfeetdesign » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi, I also can''t delete orders I get
Warning: CURL error Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)!
I can't even edit the orders as I get the following message.
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
OK
My client is expecting their website to be launched next week and I've only just found this bug now. How do I fix it?

Thanks

Location - Dubai

Post by gdb » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:47 pm

So I logged this as a bug because is seems to be easy to recreate but it looks like James Allsup decided it is not worth investigating..

Looks like this project is falling apart..

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/2775

gdb

Post by OSWorX » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:07 pm

At first, if a serious agency (or developer) is reading the bug reports about OC 2.x he never will use that version for a live shop.
On the other hand, using such a mod like this, may help some to avoid troubles with the new, lousy ftp-mode:
No FTP-Mode
Installed that, and never had a problem further more.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by asmondien » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Have you managed to find the solutions for this? I just got the same errors.

Thanks

Post by gilaraujo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:21 pm

i had a similar issue with 2.0.1, and it ended up being the php version the server was running.

Try going down to 5.4.33 on your php version admin, for the store folder, and see if that helps

Post by aljawaid » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:18 am

webfeetdesign wrote:Hi, I also can''t delete orders I get
Warning: CURL error Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)!
I can't even edit the orders as I get the following message.
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
OK
My client is expecting their website to be launched next week and I've only just found this bug now. How do I fix it?

Thanks
I also get CURL error (whatever that is) when trying to delete orders...

Updating orders generates the Syntax Error like you have also experienced.

Attachments

Syntax Error.PNG

Syntax Error - Unexpected end of input OK - Syntax Error.PNG (34.39 KiB) Viewed 5456 times

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by nitin.bitsoftwares » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 pm

I guess this error is because you guys haven't set the API for your store.
Steps to set the API :-
1) Got to System -> Users -> API.
2) Click on 'Add New' button & generate an API.
Now,
3) Go to System -> Settings & click on 'Options' Tab.
4) In the 'API User' dropdown list, select the API key.
And This solves the problem... :)

Post by larrymo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:49 am

Ok I figured SOME of it out thanks to this article:

http://www.viethemes.com/how-to-fix-err ... pencart-2/

You need to go to system settings and put an API user in. I never had an API user selected. As soon as I added the user I was able to get passed the SyntaxError.

Hope this helps!

O0

Post by gilaraujo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:40 pm

I had a similar issue.

I tried ALL fixed possible and imaginary. I even contacted my custom theme creators to see if they could see what was happening. Heres their response - Much more helpful than OpenCarts Daniels "close" github attitude i have to say.
Hi, we've investigated this issue and it is generated because a cURL request fails. The code that throws this error is located in admin/controller/sale/order.php in function edit, around line 100 (the cURL request). This has nothing to do with our theme, and it may not be an OpenCart issue either, it may be a hosting configuration issue. Here's the detailed error received:

Please enable cookies.
Error 1001 Ray ID: 1d9f88deb895042a • 2015-04-20 08:38:45 UTC
DNS resolution error
What happened?
You've requested a page on a website (www.xxx.pt) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.xxx.pt). There are two potential causes of this:

Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

Best regards,
Journal Support Team
journal.digital-atelier.com
Aparently my host had CloudFlare lite pre installed, the moment i disabled it. VOILÀ error GONE
Now i dont know if this is a bad or a good thing though but is a clue.

Regards

Post by Arthur100 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:07 am

Hi all,
I have just installed a new version of OC, completely new not an upgrade. I am using the default theme, no exentions or core modification, new db (I am creating at the moment all the products one by one) ... so everything new...
I got the same error as reported by many:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data OK

I got this pop up message everytime a new customer is trying to register to the site. When you finish filling all the personal details and click "continue" to go to the next step the error appears.
It was working fine then suddenly while I was doing live trials registering customers and now it does all the time. The strange thing is that even if the error appears and it looks like that the registration failed actually in the back office I can see the new customer!
The other thing is if you check out as a guest the error there isn't ....

PLEASE help, I have tried everything but nothing! This is the most imporant part of the website...the customer registration!!

Thanks

Post by west1982 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:29 am

larrymo wrote:Ok I figured SOME of it out thanks to this article:

http://www.viethemes.com/how-to-fix-err ... pencart-2/

You need to go to system settings and put an API user in. I never had an API user selected. As soon as I added the user I was able to get passed the SyntaxError.

Hope this helps!

O0
this one for me did solve my issue - now i can go play some tennis hehe

Post by exit15 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:37 am

Could Flare is the culprit. But it did not come with my host. I installed it myself and decided to check if the cause was CF caching, but no, its a DNS routing issue. I am glad you got this response from your theme provider. They are a smart bunch, I am using the same theme, but i did no think to ask them. So now, can this be recognized as a bug? Not sure about the github, did u try posting there and got rejected?

I can say with some confidence that the problem is on and off depending on weather i turn on my DNS routing thru Cloud Flare. -- thanks.
gilaraujo wrote:I had a similar issue.

I tried ALL fixed possible and imaginary. I even contacted my custom theme creators to see if they could see what was happening. Heres their response - Much more helpful than OpenCarts Daniels "close" github attitude i have to say.
You've requested a page on a website (http://www.xxx.pt) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (http://www.xxx.pt). There are two potential causes of this:

Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.
Aparently my host had CloudFlare lite pre installed, the moment i disabled it. VOILÀ error GONE
Now i dont know if this is a bad or a good thing though but is a clue.

Regards