Post by procheck » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:24 am

Hi,
I clone my main site into a sub-folder to test modules before installing them on the main site. I use the correct configuration for the subfolder in .htaccess(rewrite) and PathReplaces in vqmod and everything works fine until I try to log into the main site and the cloned site in the subfolder. Everytime I log into one it kicks me out of the other admin. I use a separate database and userid's. Does anyone know why I cannot log into both simultaneously?
Thanks
Al

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:00 am

It's probably a Cookie-Problem, you cannot set 2 different Cookies, enabling a 'practically' similar function, on one Browser, to the same URL. The Browser will/can possibly handle the use of one Value only , already set in the first Cookie placed, i.E.
>>index.php?route=common/home&token=e171d50f4ba11bfcbadea6ecbe1a8b50<<
or then, delete the first Cookie-Placement and replace it with the new Value, given by the second Admin Call Routine. But so, as a consequence, the 1.Admin would be logged out automatically.

It could possibly be done by 'validating' the cookie-set-path to a specific URL-Sub-Address only, but with OC, I really don't
know. Just wanted to give you a hint on what it could be. I darkly recall 'similar' effects from years ago... (not with OC!)

But try FIRST with IE and another Mozilla Brand, not using IE-Internals. At least, so, you'll get two different Cookies, in any way...

Good Luck

Ernie
openshop.li
NOT of english origin, all self picked up.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by procheck » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Ernie,
Yes that was the problem. I didn't think of trying that. By the way, your english is excellent!
Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!
Al