Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm

mattlee wrote:I just email to them asking them about transfer to HK. They reply me the ticket (support no) will transfer to transfer department..
You should be well taken care of by our transfers department. If you have any questions or issues with the transfer feel free to reach out to me directly, my email is in my signature.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by mattlee » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:25 am

Alex - Arvixe wrote:
Selective555 wrote:
mattlee wrote:Are you also rent hosting from Arvixe???
I was with Arvixe for about two weeks, then I decided to leave them because they constantly made me wait 24 hours to hear back from them every time I tried to contact them about something. They also sounded like they didn't know what they were doing. In my opinion, Arvixe is the absolute worst for tech support.
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support services. That sort of delay is not the norm here so I'd love to look into your account and see exactly why it took so long for you to get a response each time. To do this, can you please provide me with your billing username and/or the main domain name associated with your account or a ticket ID?

I would also like to point out that we do have a 24 / 7 QA department which you can reach out to at anytime if you're not satisfied - this department consists of our senior tech team / management and is monitored 24 / 7.

Hi Alex,
Transfer department just help me migrated to Hong Kong but the time zone problem still not yet solve. I was assuming migrate to Hong Kong the problem will be solve but it is not :(

Some more server in Hong Kong respond a bit slow. Take time to load :(

Post by jurpro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Selective555 wrote:
mattlee wrote:Are you mean. Set PHP or root??
I already set php.ini but does not work. Are you using latest version??
Not the root file of your OpenCart directory.

The root file of ALL OF YOUR FILES, the very very very first file, the file that ALL of your files are in.

There you will find
php.ini
Versions do not matter with this technique, it either works with your server or it doesn't.

After you do this, try clearing all browser cookies, closing all browser windows, and resetting your computer. Then see if it fixed it.
mattlee wrote:Are you mean. Set PHP or root??
I already set php.ini but does not work. Are you using latest version??
Hello, according to Selective555 post before, I do change to "php.ini" on my opencart root directory, there is index.php config.pho etc. Inside php.ini like this (not always the same):

Code: Select all

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset	= UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
max_execution_time = 36000;
upload_max_filesize = 999M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_only_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.cookie_httponly = On;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 172800;
allow_url_fopen = on;
;display_errors = 1;
;error_reporting = E_ALL;
Make a new line, Just add on last line:

Code: Select all

date.timezone = Asia/Kuala_Lumpur

Save. Just wait maybe 10-15 menutes, and refresh your Dashboard. It works for me. My host is in USA too.

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)

Post by mattlee » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi,

I already edit php.ini file and set to Asia/Kuala_Lumpur
but it is same..

Post by mattlee » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm

My problem is,

a) In Admin it is showing as being on special.
b) It does not appear with it special price in the shop.

Is it time different??

Post by jurpro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:30 pm

mattlee wrote:My problem is,

a) In Admin it is showing as being on special.
b) It does not appear with it special price in the shop.

Is it time different??
Have you customer groups more than 1 ? Such as default group, loyal customer etc.
Make sure, you set on product editing on "Special tab", make sure "default" group has chosen. If you set another group, only those group could see your special price after they login to your store.

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)

Post by mattlee » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi,

I only have 1 default customer. No more then 1.
If I set back date like 12/16/2014, the special product will show up.
If I set today (local date 12/17/2014), the special product did not show in customer page.

Post by mattlee » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 am

I found this from some forum

-----------------------------------------------
when a product has special price for active fixed period (with start and end dates) the product list is now showing this special price

The problem is in the comparing signs (">" and "<") in detecting the active period to today's date.

---------------------------------------------

Any one know how to edit this coding?? From the forum did not show any coding.
I think is date problem because just now I try discount also same problem. When I set today (12/18/2014), the discount function no working. If I set backdate (12/17/2014) is working.

Post by qahar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:35 pm

PHP timezone is different from database timezone.
While we can set specific timezone for PHP even on shared hosting, there is not possible for database.

If you use host from different timezone, you might able to set the PHP timezone to your time but query database will search based on where database server located (or set timezone).

There is some solution for this:
- Use minimum VPS so you have control over database timezone.
- Use hosting in same country or timezone with your time. (not quitely sure about this)
- OpenCart need to redesign how it save the datetime.

I'm developing ext which is assume that all datetime we save is on UTC and change how it show to end user based on PHP timezone. The same goes all filter is converted to UTC (from whatever the PHP timezone is) to query the database. It's have precise and consistent result.

But of course my case work because the datetime is used internally by the ext. To change OpenCart to have same approach would neet lot of work.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by iamafaker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 am

i got the some problem with u... modifying php.ini and startup.php, both not working
hv u got the solution yet??