Post by rph » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:29 am

JNeuhoff wrote:What code inspector were you using?
PHPStorm's.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Daniel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:45 am

I think we tried code inspector already and it did not cover what we needed. confirming this with james.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by rph » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:49 am

Daniel wrote:so why didn't you post the dozen issues to the github issue tracker before the release!
I didn't review it before release because the code changed too rapidly. There was never a cool down or feature lock period. And to be perfectly blunt, what's the motivation to contribute when you regularly berate and attack the people who do?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by thoughtfulthumb » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:09 am

to be perfectly honest, i think the abuse goes both ways. But i do disagree with swearing since this forum has professionals in one way or another.

Visit Thoughtfulthumb.co.uk and I would be happy to receive any thoughts or problems you pick up on! I am a new business, have had successfull previous companies and New to developing a software based website. Thank you.

Post by Daniel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:23 am

I berate people on there that use the issue to tracker because:

they want me to solve their own problems caused by themselves or because of an extension
who post issues from older versions
post issues that have already been solved
search the forum first
using the issue tracker as a Q&A
posting issues that have already been reported
post issues with zero information
describing issues in riddles.
posting [urgent] or [CRITICAL] in the description
posting feature requests because their client requires the feature
posting an issue because they think something should work in a different way even though the current system works was designed in a specific way for a reason they don't understand.
posting changes to the GPL license.
expecting me to explain to them why i have closed an issue.
posting blackmail threats telling me if I don't fix x/y for them they tell the world opencart has this or that issue when the issue is caused by themselves!
sending commits that actually mess up the code.

arguing with me because i closed their issue for any of the above reasons.

I have 3 people know claiming issues with the order editor system but when I got to there sites I find they have the web site behind a password locked, maintaince mode or under a different domain.

I dont usually abuse people i normally just close the issue down with nothing said.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Xyph3r » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:34 am

I have a question about OCMod. It works better than before but still...how can someone use it?

Index is working??

Why if I get 3 results (or more) for the searched content, it works fine for the first line but for the rest, the code is being randomly inserted all over the file?

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<modification>
    <name>Testing</name>
    <code>random</code>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <author>opencart</author>
    <link>http://opencart.com</link>

<file path="admin/controller/catalog/product.php">
		<operation>
			<search><![CDATA[
            $this->load->language('catalog/product');
            ]]></search>
			<add position="before"><![CDATA[
            $this->load->language('path/path');
			]]></add> 
		</operation>
    </file>
</modification>

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by oceanmedianow » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:07 am

Xyph3r wrote:I have a question about OCMod. It works better than before but still...how can someone use it?

Index is working??

Why if I get 3 results (or more) for the searched content, it works fine for the first line but for the rest, the code is being randomly inserted all over the file?

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<modification>
    <name>Testing</name>
    <code>random</code>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <author>opencart</author>
    <link>http://opencart.com</link>

<file path="admin/controller/catalog/product.php">
		<operation>
			<search><![CDATA[
            $this->load->language('catalog/product');
            ]]></search>
			<add position="before"><![CDATA[
            $this->load->language('path/path');
			]]></add> 
		</operation>
    </file>
</modification>
This might not be an appropriate thread to post this question in. Try searching the forums for an answer. Read forum rules.

Post by oceanmedianow » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 am

I honestly love OC. No complaints.

All software has bugs. You cant chase them all. I have been chasing my own bugs in 2.0.0 and going to move up to solve some others, as I am thankful for opensource.

Why bother a developer putting out free ecom platforms, with bugs you could chase yourself and maybe even help by offering a free mod to fix or an appropriate bug report with a fix.

I am not by any means a pro but definately a novice with OC. This project does need a community, and the community needs to chip in by helping out with bugs, fixes, donations and more. I really enjoy creating mods for my clients so that OC can handle anything they need.

I vow to be more active and help more forum users. What will you do? (Speaking to anyone reading this)

Post by CoverUp » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 am

For all the people that is wondering about upgrade from 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.1.1
This is my experience:
1) use asymmetric syncronization to add/delete/overwrite files
2) add the new DB table for the new module system oc_layout_module
3) rename the field of group to code on oc_module
4) Go to admin, user groups and update admin permisions
5) delete all the module settings (on DB) and re-install the modules
6) if you got a translation, you will need to add some errors texts about permissions

I had made a step-by-step list but sadly it's gone (bad luck,don't ask), these are the most important steps that need to be followed that I can remember.

As expected, any change to SQL or Language and even Templates are a headache, all the rest is straight forward.

I didn't suffer too much because I have followed the work from 2.0.0.0 to 2.0.1.1 and I also have contributed with it. And yes, there is A LOT of improvements, so I suggest to upgrade now than later, because later will be more difficult. For the other hand, yes , is not hard tested and yes, you will find some details. But you can also contribute and fix it.

Finally here is the list of unmerged pulls that my colleagues find useful, may be some of you too.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2160
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2161
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2162
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2163
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2164
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2225
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2365
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2366
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2367
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2368

Regards

Desarrollador OpenCart: Chilexpress, Correos de Chile, Tur-Bus, Pullman Bus, Starken, WebPay Plus, Servipag y otros a pedido. Todos los trabajos estan garantizados y con factura electrónica.

Post by stranger82 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:39 pm

@CoverUp,

all of your pull request look totally sane. Especially https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/2365 and the other three similar ones. Why haven't they been merged ? "Not worth the effort" is hilarious explanation. What kind of effort are we talking about ? It's just a simple moving of an conditional block, which prevents eventual notice and skips unneeded check.

Post by Daniel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:49 pm

because the pull request was just changing something for no reason when the current system works fine

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Xyph3r wrote:I have a question about OCMod. It works better than before but still...how can someone use it?

Index is working??

I can confirm this is a bug, quite a serious one. If it is all right with you, I'll post it on github.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:03 pm

if you like but post examples of whats happening and whats supposed to happen.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:13 pm

this is stupid! people complain about untested code but never do any testing even though the code has been there for ages!

from now on i will do a new release whenever I deem necessary. The only reason we slowed the release circle was because of extension developers were not happy they have to update or test their code so often.

if there is a critical bug there will be a release as soon as a is a fix is made. I don't need to test the whole system for fixing a small parts.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Daniel wrote:if you like but post examples of whats happening and whats supposed to happen.
Done, see this issue on github.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Xyph3r » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:54 pm

@ Daniel - If you are referring to me...and why I didn't posted on GitHub..one of the motives is to not fall in the list you posted at the start of this page.
@ oceanmedianow - We still love Opencart...otherwise we won't be here.
@ JNeuhoff - Thank you for posting.

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Xyph3r wrote:@ Daniel - If you are referring to me...and why I didn't posted on GitHub..one of the motives is to not fall in the list you posted at the start of this page.
@ oceanmedianow - We still love Opencart...otherwise we won't be here.
@ JNeuhoff - Thank you for posting.
I have now posted a proposed bugfix on github, please try it out and let me know what you get. I tested it on OpenCart 2.0.1.1, it should also work with OpenCart 2.0.1.0.

Update: I have also included another bugfix for replace-operations using negative offset attributes.
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:25 pm

from now on i will do a new release whenever I deem necessary. The only reason we slowed the release circle was because of extension developers were not happy they have to update or test their code so often.

if there is a critical bug there will be a release as soon as a is a fix is made. I don't need to test the whole system for fixing a small parts.
Perhaps it makes sense to have a dedicated person, like James, backport some future critical bugfixes to past stable branches whenever the current master branch has more than just bugfixes (e.g. new features)?

Guru Member

Post by lfairban » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes, thanks for releasing OpenCart 2... I'd especially like to thank you for going with Bootstrap.

Post by allenshea » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:18 am

Can not find the bug report link of this version. So, I want to ask if the transaction function is working?

Because after client placed order system doesnt deduct store credit. Can anyone confirm it?

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.