Post by virgotch » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:00 pm

if we cant use same seo keyword more than 1 product or category, opencart will never work good for seo , because products or categorys can have same seo keywords but different description, if i want to have Dress category under Men and Women Top Categorys it will give error when i use dress keyword.

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:16 pm

virgotch wrote:if we cant use same seo keyword more than 1 product or category, opencart will never work good for seo , because products or categorys can have same seo keywords but different description, if i want to have Dress category under Men and Women Top Categorys it will give error when i use dress keyword.
Not really sure want you want ...

For example: take the word Vienna (Capital city of Austria)
If this would not be unique, how many search results you may get for the same value??

Same in the shop: if you use 'Dress' for men and woman, product and category > how many results you will get?
Correct: 4
But that will make no sense, a SEO keyword shall be unique to point to one (1) item only (does no matter which item you use).
Could it be that you do not know what SEO basically is and for?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by labeshops » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:58 pm

virgotch wrote:if we cant use same seo keyword more than 1 product or category, opencart will never work good for seo , because products or categorys can have same seo keywords but different description, if i want to have Dress category under Men and Women Top Categorys it will give error when i use dress keyword.
I'm confused. You can use the same keyword, you just cannot use an identical seo url keyword phrase and never have been able to - each seo url has to be unique.

Just use mens-dress, womens-dress, dresses-for-women, dresses-for-men, whatever. For products, I always add my sku at the end to be sure they are unique, so I might have womens-little-black-dress-123 and womens-little-black-dress-456 and they are unique.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by thoughtfulthumb » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:21 am

As above i would always use the SKU for SEO URL keywords.

Visit Thoughtfulthumb.co.uk and I would be happy to receive any thoughts or problems you pick up on! I am a new business, have had successfull previous companies and New to developing a software based website. Thank you.