Post by kylebloomer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:53 pm

First post, sorry if I picked the wrong sub-forum. I've searched (and searched...and searched) on how to resolve this, but haven't been able to find anything to point me in the right direction.

I'm struggling with the way my site displays on laptop browsers. It looks good on a full size monitor, and the mobile looks good also, but the laptop size has HUGE margins and cramps all my content up in the middle. I will attached a screen shot of each size.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to change the padding on each side of the page when the browser is on a laptop?

Thanks!

Desktop:

Laptop:

Mobile:

Post by kylebloomer » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

bump, anyone?

Post by Xyph3r » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:16 am

You want to make the content wider?

In this case you can use media querries for certain screen sizes or use %(percentage) width for the container

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by kylebloomer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Xyph3r wrote:You want to make the content wider?

In this case you can use media querries for certain screen sizes or use %(percentage) width for the container
Thank you for your help, unfortunately that went way over my head. I'm not extremely competent at writing/editing code, but I'm working on it.

Where could I find the % width for container? Is there a way to modify that only when screen sizes fall within the range that causes the site to render oddly?