Post by TexasPrairieGal » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:34 am

Oh my goodness... I really wish I understood all of this better.

I have a multi-domain SSL and am running multi-store with OpenCart. I recently became aware of the need to transition from SHA-1 SSL security to SHA-2. The firm that issued my certificate kindly made all the changes and I've now confirmed that all 3 of my stores are SHA-2. WooHoo!!!

However, now I've run into a couple of problems. I don't know if there are some config changes that need to be made on my end with OpenCart or if there's some other problem.

1. First weird thing I noticed was when uploading an image(s) for a new listing. The image(s) will upload but you can't see them. However, if I save the listing and then go back in to edit it, POOF, there are the images. ???

2. Second weird thing. I have Smart Search. Now if I attempt to look at my Smart Search history, Firefox tells me that "This Connection is Untrusted" :choke:

I don't know if there might be other problems, but those are the only 2 issues I've encountered so far. And obviously, after the second problem listed above I'm real concerned about the possibility that one of my customers might encounter something similar...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeze!! Can anyone help me? Anyone have any idea what might be going on??? I have virtually zero technical expertise... but I follow directions really well (if they're written for dummies).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Post by Dhaupin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:55 am

I dunno if this would be why, just thoughts, but both those spots use caches. Maybe your browser is seeing the old content/media with SHA-1 memory, and since your site is now SHA-2, it may be reacting like "wait a sec here....my local stuff is not trusted now". You could try clearing your browser cache data (but keep the passwords and stuff). Usually this is done in the browsers settings.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by TexasPrairieGal » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Thank you thank you for the suggestion and the help. I did restart my computer after those 2 issues (can't tell you how many problems I've solved with a restart), but I'm clueless if a restart clears the cache or not... so I'm going to try that right now.

**crossing fingers** ;D

Post by TexasPrairieGal » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:29 pm

NEW information (and I don't understand this, either...).

I cleared the cache as suggested (embarrassed to admit it took me a while to figure out how to do that....LOL). Nothing changed. Same behavior. Then Hubby suggested I try another browser. Well... that was an eye-opener. All A-OK in both chrome and Explorer. Only Firefox is exhibiting the problems (I'm starting to hate Firefox... actually, I guess it's a love/hate thingie).

So.... I instructed FireFox that I understand the risks and told it to make an exception and confirm the Security Connection... and BOOF... now all is fine. Hubby tried buying something on his computer from one of my stores (using Firefox) and didn't encounter any security warning... So that probably means everything is OK now.... right??? :)

Post by Dhaupin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:09 am

Yes it should mean all is well. Maybe firefox has some kind of big memory and has a hard time letting go of the past haha. Still sounds like caches somewhere hidden deep, but glad its fixed for ya!

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA