AVAILABLE HERE
zoneplus-admin-2.png

zoneplus-admin-2.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 9820 times

Supported OpenCart Versions:
================
All v1.4.x & 1.5.x versions

What does it do:
================
Zone Plus allows calculate multiple zone shipping based on multiple options: weight, subtotal, and item count.
It supports incremental and decremental ranges, useful for breaks on shipping costs if the customer purchases a large order.
It also offers the ability to filter by parts of the address (postcode, city, address_1, address_2)

It works with ANY location in the world and does a partial match on the filter value to filter as much or as little as needed.
You can even choose whether to include or exclude the filtered values.

Main features:
==============
* Allows setting custom rate(s) for each geo zone.
* Allows triggering costs based on Cart Weight, Cart Subtotal, or Total ItemCount
* Works worldwide.
* No files are overwritten
* Allows incremental or decremental ranges
* Hides when rates are out-of-range instead of showing 0.00
* Advanced filtering by customer street, city, or postcode (See "Advanced Address Filtering" below).

Examples:
=========
incremental (weight) - "increase" the shipping cost as the weight increases
an entry of 5:10,10:20,99999:30 means
weight of 0-5 = $10 shipping
weight of 6-10 = $20 shipping
Weight of 11+ = $30 shipping

decremental (weight) - "decrease" the shipping cost as the weight increases
an entry of 0:10,20:5 means
weight of 0-19.99 = $10 shipping
weight of 20.00+ = $5 shipping

Advanced Address Filtering
===============
Zone Plus has the ability to do advanced filtering based on street address, city, or postcode

There are "include" and "exclude" filtering fields in the zone plus configuration area.
You can use both fields together to create custom rules for shipping inclusion or restrictions.
It works by partially matching the value starting with the first character.

Examples...
If you lived it California and wanted
- people from "90100-90299" to pay $5.00 for shipping,
- people in zip code "90300-90499" to pay $7.00 for shipping,
- but exclude 90350 from using either shipping option
You could set it up with the steps below:

1. Create a new GeoZone
Name: CA 90100-90299
Description: CA 90100-90299
Add Zone:
Zone: California

2. Create another GeoZone
Name: CA 90300-90499
Description: CA 90300-90499
Add Zone:
Zone: California

3. Goto the Zone Plus shipping module

4. For the first new zone enter your price ranges:
Cost: 5.00
Filtering Mode: postcode
Include Filter: 901,902

5. For the second new zone enter your price ranges:
Cost: 7.00
Filtering Mode: postcode
Include Filter: 903,904
Exclude Filter: 90350

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 am

UPDATE!
v152.1 - 2012-Mar-13
- Revamped Admin area to use tabs for each geozone
- Moved advanced filter to new "Include/Exclude" filters directly on zone plus. No longer uses GeoZone Description field
- Added ability to include AND exclude at the same time.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
UPGRADING FROM OLDER VERSION BEFORE v152.1? READ THIS!
================
If you are currently using Zone Shipping Plus with Advanced filtering... YOU MUST READ!
I moved the advanced filtering from the GeoZone Description field to its own field directly in the extension
You will have to move your filtering data. The GeoZone Description field is no longer used for filtering.
1. Upload the new files to your site and overwrite the existing
2. Go to Admin->System->Localisation->GeoZones
3. Edit your GeoZones that have filtering set in the descriptions
4. CUT this data out
5. Go to the Admin->Extension->Zone Plus Shipping configuration
6. Depending on the type of filter, add it to the include or exclude area for the respective geozone.
7. REMOVE the "~" or "!" as that is no longer needed.
7. REPEAT for each Geozone that has advanced filtering.
=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:02 am

UPDATE!
v152.2 - 2012-Apr-04
- Changed Admin to use vertical tabs instead of horizontal

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 am

UPDATE: v152.3
- Fixed exclude filter issue (thx teratyke)

Administrator

Post by teratyke » Thu May 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for the fix.

A bit of a feature request/question.

I want to offer two modes of shipping to Northern Ireland (NI).

1 ) 48 hour courier (fast, expensive)
2 ) Royal Mail Standard parcels (slow, cheap)

The way I seem to have to do this is to create two geo-zone's for NI then set up the relevant settings in zone-plus. The customer gets a choice of shipping methods when they match that zone - perfect.

The problem is that the customer sees the geo-zone name (limited to 32 characters) as the only description and explanation of the shipping method they are choosing. This means I have to name my geo-zones things like "Northern Ireland 48 Hour courier" and not a character more, "Northern Ireland Royal Mail Standard Parcels (3 to 5 day)" will simply not fit. If I drop the Northern Ireland, as presumably the customer knows where they are, its hard to manage in the admin -all my zones begin to look the same.

The geo-zone description seems to be only visible in the backend. It would make a lot more sense if the customer was presented with the geo-zone description (or maybe some other field that you populate in zone-plus).
That way when they choose their shipping method they would see...

Zone 3 Northern Ireland
48 Hour Courier our fastest service to Northern Ireland ------- £10

Zone 3 Northern Ireland
Royal Mail First Class (Standard Parcels for larger items). Delivery within 2 to 5 working days. ------- £6

Maybe that is out of the scope of what zone-plus can do, what do you think?

Perhaps I just need a mod to display the geo-zone description in the shipping selection list.

How is everyone else doing this?

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 pm

teratyke wrote: How is everyone else doing this?
We all live in shorter towns :laugh:

1. EDIT: catalog/model/shipping/zoneplus.php

2. FIND:

Code: Select all

'title' 		=> $result['name'],
3. REPLACE WITH:

'title' 		=> $result['name'] . '<br/><span style="font-size:8px;">'.$result['description'].'</span>',

Administrator

Post by teratyke » Fri May 18, 2012 3:54 am

Cheers that is just great.

You are a "awkward shipping rule" legend/hero (you can pick, but I should warn you, We Don't Need Another Hero).

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 am

teratyke wrote:We Don't Need Another Hero.
Don't make me bust out in a Tina Turner jam

Administrator

Post by fairmount » Tue May 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi Qphoria,

Great Modules...am using most of your modules on site...You have created some of the essential mods for a site that retails home wares and stuff.

Anyway, Since last morning, Zone shipping plus suddenly stopped working.

I had created 3 zones, Europe, UK Mainland and UK Off-Mainland and I have used include exclude filters in UK mainland and UK Off-Mainland.

It seems to accept the Europe without any issues. But does not seem to accept the UK ones now. It was working fine until yesterday morning.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire thing and Still could not get it to work. Have been banging my head since last night in vain.

Kindly help. We were supposed to go live last night. :(

Thanks.
Regards,
FM

Post by fairmount » Tue May 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi All,

I am updating this just in case some one comes across this issue.

I have been having the above problem and few other issues the last couple of days and I have just found out that this is something to do with the DNS.

My host (123-reg, stay away from them if possible) made some changes to the hosting without informing us and by default pointed their DNS server to their own parking site.

Because the website was loading as it should, we did not think about the DNS at all. However, once the DNS issue was sorted, it seems to be working ok.

Still perplexed as to why Europe shipping got picked up and not the UK shipping when there was this DNS issue.

LESSON LEARNT: if ajax call backs are not working all of a sudden, check the DNS.

Any Comments, for correction/support welcome.

Regards,
FM

Post by labeshops » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Qphoria wrote:
teratyke wrote: How is everyone else doing this?
We all live in shorter towns :laugh:

1. EDIT: catalog/model/shipping/zoneplus.php

2. FIND:

'title' 		=> $result['name'],
3. REPLACE WITH:

'title' 		=> $result['name'] . '<br/><span style="font-size:8px;">'.$result['description'].'</span>',
Any idea how to do this with the free shipping mod? For some odd reason, it is not showing the extended title text like the weight one does :P

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by DigitalEssence » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:27 am

Hi,

I was looking at Prestashop but it seems impossible to do what I need without spending hundreds of pounds so I am hoping your plugin can do what I require.

I have a pizza delivery business who want to have their shipping based on:

1) Collection in person: free
2) 3 towns/Postcode areas with 3 different charges (for now).

A Uk postcode (usually) takes the form of EH44 6NJ but we just need to use the first section, ie EH44
Eg:

EH43 would be £1.50
EH44 would be £2.50
EH45 would be £3.00

Would you plugin be able to do this?

If so, Prestashop is getting kicked into the bin and I will be using Open cart from now on.

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:39 am

Yes based on your example the mod will do this.

Administrator

Post by ocfan1 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if this extension will do the following for Australian shipping:
Create a zone for a set of postcode ranges which is based on a list of postcodes, eg: 5000-5066,5070,5080-5090,5245,5230-5250,etc NOTE: must be able to enter ranges and individual postcodes in the list
Then for each zone I charge a flat rate per price range, eg the varying price ranges would be something like this: $0.00-$5.00,$5.01-$60.00,$60.01-$350.00, etc

If the users shipping address does not match any zones I would like to post message that we don't ship to their area.

If the users postcode does match, then we'd like to insert the freight line with a title "Shipping to [Aust Freight Zone Name] followed by the cost in the sub-total

Please let me know if this is possible - in all the examples, I only saw one postcode range entered, not a list of postcodes (as the above example). It looked like I would need to create 5 different zones for the example listed above to work...

Please advise if all the above is possible?

Thanks

Post by GraemeH » Thu May 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Qphoria,

Quick question (thanks for the great module btw).

Is there anything that makes it possible to disable certain geo zones on a per product basis? I have geo zones set up for different delivery options (eg next day, next day timed, within 5 days) but have some products that are only available on a 5 day service, so if added to cart, I would ideally want it so the customer could not select next day.

Thanks in advance.

Post by madelharri » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm currently in the process of totally rebuilding a site where I was using zone shipping plus without a problem. I've downloaded the new version and uploaded it to the site and set it up. The set up is very simple: free shipping for free samples, £14.95 + VAT up to £150 and free shipping thereafter for England and Wales. And the same but with a £38.95 surcharge for Scotland.

I've set it up as
0:0.00, 149.99: 14.95, 9999:0.00 for England & Wales
0:0.00, 149.99: 53.90, 9999: 38.95 for Scotland

The site is currently showing a cost of £23.95 for shipping an order under £150 to Scotland and £0 for the same order to England.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
I'm on 1.5.6.4 using a Boss responsive theme and the Zone Shipping Plus version is 153.2b according to the file name.
Thanks
Madeleine
Last edited by madelharri on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 pm

GraemeH wrote:Hi Qphoria,

Quick question (thanks for the great module btw).

Is there anything that makes it possible to disable certain geo zones on a per product basis? I have geo zones set up for different delivery options (eg next day, next day timed, within 5 days) but have some products that are only available on a 5 day service, so if added to cart, I would ideally want it so the customer could not select next day.

Thanks in advance.

Not within the shipping mod itself, but I believe you can use another mod called "Restrict Shipping" and assign certain products to only use certain shipping methods like zone plus or some other option. So you could use that to get the setup you need.

Administrator

Post by hoang_h4 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm

In our country, Vietnam's zone (ex: Ho Chi Minh), people can type a same City by different ways (Vietnamese) such as "Bình Thạnh" or "Binh Thanh" or "B.Thanh" . So that, can that module still filter true result to calculate shipping free ?

Post by Qphoria » Sun May 17, 2015 11:22 pm

hoang_h4 wrote:In our country, Vietnam's zone (ex: Ho Chi Minh), people can type a same City by different ways (Vietnamese) such as "Bình Thạnh" or "Binh Thanh" or "B.Thanh" . So that, can that module still filter true result to calculate shipping free ?
Sure. A city by another name is just considered another city. So enter all the possible ways to enter the city and as long as it matches one of those spellings, it will work

Administrator

Post by varrate » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:23 am

Hi, I'm using opencart 1.5.6.4
On cost option I have this:
20:7, 35:6, 50:5, 75:3, 999999:0

But when somebody buy a product which cost is USD 80 and use a coupon 50% OFF (and the final price is USD 40) the extension asume the original price to calculate the shipping cost and in this case will be FREE and should be USD 5.

How can I fix that?