Post by lpotts » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi all,

On our website we use the price to input an RRP price on each product and use the special price to input our sales price. (you can see on our site: www . designer - man . co . uk). What i would like to know is, has anyone coke across a module that allows someone to mass adjust their current specials?

So I would like to be able to change all of my current special prices by say 3% - not just add a new special price that is 3% of what we have down as our RRP price.

I would like to find a way of being able to quickly modify all of our current special prices for products without having to do it individually, at present we have around 1500 products on-site and over coming months pricing will be changing whilst we look to clear lines and test price others.

Thank you for your time,

Luke

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 am

There are some extension for bulk modifying prices and specials, or you could change them all (the specials) in phpmyadmin by running a query on your store's database, ex for 3% increase on all specials:

Code: Select all

UPDATE oc_product_special SET price = price*1.03;

Expert Member

Post by lpotts » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 am

Thanks for the reply.
The thing is, all of our pricing is done through the "Specials", and the Price column simply refers to the RRP price. Would it be possible (or better yet is there currently available) to have the current specials of each product show say in a column the products area of the admin for quick edit?
I am looking for a quicker alternative than having to open up the edit for each product, click on Specials, and then change the special price...

Thank you again for your time, it is very much appreciated,

Post by Cue4cheap » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:55 am

Ipotts,

I am a bit confused. What florinsith wrote seems like what you would want. I guess it isn't.
What are you wishing to have? Do you wish to have your specials price updated based on the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) all at once? Or?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by lpotts » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:51 am

Hi Mike,
Basically. Our Actual sales price is based on the special price of a product. They are all set for our products. However, when changing the price for individual products I am required to edit each individual product, navigate to the Special tab, and then change the Special price.
I am simply looking for a module that might be able to add the special price into its own column on the Products area, so that i can double click it and quickly edit each products special price.
I am sorry if I there isn't much clarity in my request.
For reference, you can see our products on our website at: www . designer - man . co . uk (mins the spaces).
Best regards,
Luke

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:48 am

I do not know of anything out there currently that does that. Nor do I know of anything besides the import tool that makes it easy to manage specials in bulk update (but does that on a different tab). Have you tried the extension section above and did a search?

Mike
P.S. I am working on a bulk import for price, quantity and specials based on a comma delimited file but it is weeks away from being ready and it will be something paid for versus free but there might be things out there already in extensions section.
Last edited by Cue4cheap on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 pm

I have a Bulk Product Editing extension, but it doesn't sound like that's exactly what you're looking for. If you think it will work for you, Feel free to contact me www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by lpotts » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:29 am

Hi, thanks for the replies all. Yeah I do actually have the bulk editing module, however, what it does is replace all current specials rather than edit them. Say for example, I wanted to edit every special on every single product that I had set, and I want to lower them by 5%, or £5. That is something I would be looking for.

But that as not my initial request as such, however it would be of some use. The simplest thing I could want is with the quick edit module, to have a column in the Products area that actually has the current special price of each product in it, that I can double click and quickly pop a new value in there.

Thanks again to everyone for your contributions to my request, it is extremely appreciated.

Regards