Post by bizzebee » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:07 pm

I am using Opencart 1.5.6.4....
I just did an upgrade a few months ago and everything went seemingly smooth. I have now discovered the store will not send emails. I have verified with my ISP that port 25 is NOT blocked and the settings I've used as shown below, do not work ( which was a resolution found in the OC forums :-[ ) .....no emails work from the store's Contact us form, and no email confirmations are sent ??? ......please help as I have tried EVERYTHING...even Gmail but nada :( ....issue really seems to be an Opencart error somewhere...

Here are configurations used, under the Mail tab, under settings.

Mail Protocol: Mail
Mail Perametors: -fmyemail@myisp.com
Nothing in any other field until
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Time: 5
New order alert: Yes
New acct alert: Yes

BTW: there are no error codes or anything...please help...greatly appreciated in advance :-*
Last edited by bizzebee on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by victorj » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:30 pm

try SMTP setting and use mail server from your domain to send mail

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by bizzebee » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:38 pm

victorj wrote:try SMTP setting and use mail server from your domain to send mail
I appreciate your efforts but I was able to get the issue fixed. Thanks so much for getting back with me tho O0

Post by bizzebee » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 am

Someone asked how my issue was resolved so thought I would share this with everyone. It worked for me, but I'm not sure if it will work for everyone but thought to share anyway....

I actually had to go thru the coder who created my theme; however, here is how mine was configured (using dummy data of course):

Mail Protocol: Mail
Mail Parameters: NOTHING HERE
SMTP Host: localhost
SMTP Username: yourusername@yourdomain.com
SMTP Password: enter password
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Timeout: 5

New Order Alert: Yes
New Account Alert: Yes

Hope this helps. I'll post to community as well just in case it MAY help someone....outside of that, my coder was the brains that fixed it so credit really needs to be given to him, if it works for you...Thank you

Post by robocop1953 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Somewhat similar problem since doing that latest 'upgrade' to 1.5.6.4 .... installed okay and no indication of any problems until we started noticing emails we're messing up. Nothing seemed to resolve the issue so ended up having the webhost just restore the site prior to the date of upgrade and now it's working fine. Will have to do the same with our other site!! Have always been hesitant about 'updates' and believe in the old adage 'if it ain't broke don't fix it''!!!

Post by ganpatiratia » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Same Problem are i am facing , I am also using 1.5.6.4 version of Open , when my customer generate any order i did not received any mail and also costumer also did not any confirmation mail . And when we update order histry that time same problem , there is no any type of error are showing ..

Kindly give me reply if some one has fix this probleam . All mail box is check , inbox,span , trash , every wher i checked... no mails is here

i am sung below setting

Mail Protocol: mail
Only choose 'Mail' unless your host has disabled the php mail function.

Mail Parameters:
When using 'Mail', additional mail parameters can be added here (e.g. "-femail@storeaddress.com").

SMTP Host:
SMTP Username:
SMTP Password:
SMTP Port:
SMTP Timeout:
New Order Alert Mail:
Send a email to the store owner when a new order is created.
Yes No YES
New Account Alert Mail: YES
Send a email to the store owner when a new account is registered.
Yes No
Additional Alert E-Mails: YES
Any additional emails you want to receive the alert email, in addition to the main store email. (comma separated)

Post by theshop-inc » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:57 am

We're having the same issue, but I think that it is for different reasons. We have a split host - e-mail still lives with a very large domain registrar / web host that will remain at this time unnamed, but the OC install / site is on another totally different system. I surmise that for some reason, although the form fields in the settings are apparently correct, this is the root of the cause leaving us and our customers with no e-mail notifications.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? It's not so simple to just move e-mail off the old host and tell them to GoAway - the owner of the site is quite entrenched in using the old host's webmail, thus the split services.

We have crawled through the details here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... tp#p518541 , but it seems to have had no effect. noreply@[ourdomain].com created, etc.

$mail->protocol =('SMTP');
$mail->parameter = ('noreply@[ourdomain].com');
$mail->hostname =('smtpout.secureserver.net');
$mail->username = ('noreply@[ourdomain].com');
$mail->password = ('[oursecret]');
$mail->port = ('465');
$mail->timeout = $this->config->get('config_smtp_timeout');
$mail->setTo($data['email']);
$mail->setFrom('noreply@[ourdomain]');

Post by theshop-inc » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm

We've been monkeying around with the settings, trying to get this working, and have stumbled upon settings that are yielding /partial/ success:

///
Mail Protocol:Only choose 'Mail' unless your host has disabled the php mail function.
Mail

Mail Parameters:When using 'Mail', additional mail parameters can be added here (e.g. "-femail@storeaddress.com").
-fnoreply@OURDOMAIN.com

SMTP Host:
smtpout.secureserver.net

SMTP Username:
noreply@OURDOMAIN.com

SMTP Password:

SMTP Port:

SMTP Timeout:

New Order Alert Mail: Send a email to the store owner when a new order is created.
[x]Yes [ ]No

New Account Alert Mail: Send a email to the store owner when a new account is registered.
[x]Yes [ ]No

Additional Alert E-Mails: Any additional emails you want to receive the alert email, in addition to the main store email. (comma separated)
admin@OURDOMAIN.com,mail@OURDOMAIN.com

///

Notes:

1) There are varying reports within these forums and elsewhere [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14306766/opencart-not-sending-emails-notifications-or-contact-page] regarding the seemingly strange necessity to prefix the e-mail address with "-f" - some report the need to use a capital F instead of lowercase [why is the need for this prefix dumped into user config instead of being coded into the cart software?]. It is not clear in the comments adjacent to the settings - to my reading, it looked like "femail@storeaddress.com" was a cutesy example like I've seen elsewhere, e.g. "bobs@youruncle.com", or "male@orfemale.com". I would suggest to devs that it be made more clearly implicit that the "-f" is a necessary prefix, e.g. "It is necessary to prefix the target e-mail address with '-f'. Example: "-femail@storeaddress.com".

2) We've composed the additional alert e-mails with and without the -fprefix. While we are now receiving at mail@, we are *not* receiving at admin@. And yes, both accounts otherwise work perfectly fine.

Post by theshop-inc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:06 am

Lacking any sort of useful documentation or response from "support", we were left to experimentation.

Regarding: "Additional Alert E-Mails: Any additional emails you want to receive the alert email, in addition to the main store email. (comma separated)"

We tried the following combinations:
admin@OURDOMAIN.com,mail@OURDOMAIN.com
-fadmin@OURDOMAIN.com,-fmail@OURDOMAIN.com
-fadmin@OURDOMAIN.com,mail@OURDOMAIN.com
admin@OURDOMAIN.com,-fmail@OURDOMAIN.com

Finally with the last pairing were we able to achieve successful send to both accounts.

So, to clarify the apparent requirements:

Send-From address [oddly called "Mail Parameters"] requires a prefix with LOWER CASE "-f";
SMTP Username requires NO PREFIX;
Additional recipient ONE requires NO PREFIX;
Subsequent [comma separated] recipient[s] require a prefix with LOWER CASE "-f"

Poorly documented & inconsistent configuration requirements? That's not too inspiring of confidence anywhere, especially for credit card processing software.

Hopefully our misadventures can help clarify things for other users - and inspire devs to fix this.

Post by vixynn » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:18 pm

I never had any issues getting mail until I did a fresh install today.
Ive gone back in and added that silly f
Still not getting any mail.

Post by Andybaby1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 am

Ive gone back in and added that

canvas prints http://www.customcanvasonline.com.au/

Post by asif » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 am

Well, I wasted my 3 to 4 hours working in the same direction of checking with my mail host settings. But this issue is not related to mail settings rather it has to do with the OpenBay Pro that comes up with the OC 1.5+. Even if you install it or not, there is below code in file /catalog/model/order.php at line 213 & 214 causing this issue.

Code: Select all

if(!isset($passArray) || empty($passArray)){ $passArray = null; }
			$this->openbay->orderNew((int)$order_id);
I commented this code and mail worked perfectly fine. The code was breaking at this location without throwing any exception or error in the log file. And I can see no one from the core OC team has looked into this matter. It was a clean install in my case and so many other and its a basic issue which should have been fixed by now or atleast has some solution on the forums.
anyways, commenting the above lines in the file will work perfectly if you are not using OpenBay Pro, else some one from OC team should look into this matter. but this is a quick & dirty fix from me.