Post by richardt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Daniel wrote:multishop will be in the next version.
awesome! I'm looking for a system in which I can have ONE shop with a lot of products, and separate shops with the products per categorie/brand (well, client in my case).

Something like http://www.kingsroadmerch.eu/, but all bands clients should also have their own URL (say http://multishop.com/bandname for instance) with only their products, AND I'd love to give my clients their own backend where they can check stocks etc.

So if possible only one database, but the possibility to put out many shops, and to give each client backend access to only their department (they should of course not be able to view other areas).

Can you create this Daniel?

Post by richardt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:10 pm

oh, forgot to mention; there is only 1 payment gateway necessary.

Post by guts_glory » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Daniel wrote:Ok how would you want something like that to work?

Lets have a bit of a development discussion.

Features required for a multi store:

1. You would want a different store depending on the domain name the customer comes from.
2. Separate Templates.
3. Separate Categories.
4. Separate Products.
5. Would you want shared cart so if you buy from a mulit store you can pay together?
6. Would you want shared customer accounts?
7. Would you want shared coupon system?
8. Settings like store name, meta tags, welcome message should be Separate. I think most of the options can be the same though.

I have a feeling if I implemented this I would be getting no end of complaints.

1. Why can't my store only accept payment modules one store and not the other store.
2. I don't want my customers being accounts mixed up with my other store.
3. I only want people from one country access one store and not the other etc..
4. I don't want people using coupons on multiple stores.
Daniel:

Please have a look at Interspire for reference with regards to their multi-vendor solution:
http://www.interspire.com/virtual-shopp ... atures.php

It might be helpful to you.

regards,
--wei

Post by agua » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 am

I'm looking to use the same database of products and customer database on 2 domains, but use different themes for each (its one company with 2 faces)

Any idea on how to do that?

Payment doesn't really matter as the products are COD

Post by wormytux » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am

simpleit wrote:
aidan wrote:It's been half year since my original post about the multi store. And finally I manage to finished the customization to make multi-store platform based on opencart.

Please check http://Lot.my. It is based on Opencart 1.3.X. It allowed user to create their own online store very quickly.

For sample of stores created using the platform: http://shopatmoleq.lot.my/ and http://demo.lot.my/.

Please have a look! :)
Hi aidan, that looks awesome! Could you please share the trick? Thank you very much!

Yeah Aidan, can you please share... thanks.. ;D

Post by chriscuk18 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 am

Hi

Is there any more news about sharing this with the community? - I'm wanting to use OpenCart however MultiMall is a must, I want to offer more than 1 store and with store admins, so they can only add and manage their own store. Not the rest of the installation or other peoples stores.

I'm also willing to make a donation or pay someone to develop this. Please PM me if you are interested in this..

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:21 am

chriscuk18 wrote:Hi

Is there any more news about sharing this with the community? - I'm wanting to use OpenCart however MultiMall is a must, I want to offer more than 1 store and with store admins, so they can only add and manage their own store. Not the rest of the installation or other peoples stores.

I'm also willing to make a donation or pay someone to develop this. Please PM me if you are interested in this..
somebody might be paying me for a system like this. it will have a master admin where you have different store owners and each store can be enable, disabled formt he master admin.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by conglm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Daniel wrote:
chriscuk18 wrote:Hi

somebody might be paying me for a system like this. it will have a master admin where you have different store owners and each store can be enable, disabled formt he master admin.
Multi-site (Multi shop) for what?

- Tech support
- Tech upgrade
- Tech backup
- Tech include module
- Design template
- All job for coder and designer

Owner of shop : update product and sale

Daniel, we have next version what's it time ?

Welcome HBCo - In Pro We True : www.hbc.vn

Location - Vietnam

Post by conglm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Hello daniel,

i offer:
- multi shop will use multi data base and multi account . it will faster
- Multi-shop need admin master account (you said true)

When u use multi site, so OC need support e-news module

Location - Vietnam

Post by conglm » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:11 am

Hello Daniel

Do you think my idea ?

Auto get:
- Tab for new post
- content SEO for new post
- images form other site when we copy

Location - Vietnam

Post by mystifier » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Multi-shop is a very good idea, even where it is different 'departments' of the same shop, but it only really makes sense if:

a) There is a role/user group than only has visibility/control of content that belongs to their shop (and not be able to delete anything that is also used in another shop).
b) Each shop can have its own payment process (even if it is only a new account on the same gateway).

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm

mystifier wrote:Multi-shop is a very good idea, even where it is different 'departments' of the same shop, but it only really makes sense if:

a) There is a role/user group than only has visibility/control of content that belongs to their shop (and not be able to delete anything that is also used in another shop).
no it does not!

that would be called a multi vendor feature.

mystifier wrote: b) Each shop can have its own payment process (even if it is only a new account on the same gateway).
again wrong. you only want this feature for your client.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by mystifier » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Daniel wrote:You only want this feature for your client.
My client doesn't want it (until I even make them aware of it), but if I was running different shops, I would definitely want to see a filtered/restricted admin and have the ability to separately account them.

I have just put a multi-shop test site up to get familiar with it and generally, it is really great but I would have to put a commercial request in before I could actually use it.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Mohal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Daniel wrote:It does not have this feature but, it can be done.

I did it with 2 sites before.

Sir, I am new to OpenCart. I need to know how can I make two different stores from one OpenCart installation? I got the idea that I need a subdomain for my second store but do I have to install a separate copy of OpenCart on my subdomain also? Can't I use same installation for both stores?

Please, help!

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Mohal wrote:
Daniel wrote:It does not have this feature but, it can be done.

I did it with 2 sites before.

Sir, I am new to OpenCart. I need to know how can I make two different stores from one OpenCart installation? I got the idea that I need a subdomain for my second store but do I have to install a separate copy of OpenCart on my subdomain also? Can't I use same installation for both stores?

Please, help!
That is the way multi-store works in opencart point that new subdomain to the same install of opencart then in the admin create a new store for http://subdomain.domain.com/

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Mohal » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Xsecrets wrote: That is the way multi-store works in opencart point that new subdomain to the same install of opencart then in the admin create a new store for http://subdomain.domain.com/

Thanx for your help! I have established multi-store using same installation. Now the problem is that both stores are showing same products. I need different products for each store. How can I achieve this functionality? Do I need to make changes in the code? If yes then in which files I need to make changes & what type of changes? Please, help me!

Post by mystifier » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:55 pm

If you look in Admin->Catalog, you will see that Categories, Products, Manufacturers and Information have a checkbox for each store to show where they should be featured.

However, if you just set it up and see all products in the new store, it sounds as if you haven't set the new Store URL correctly. This needs to be set to http://subdomain.yourstore.com/

Post by conglm » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:11 pm

according to me, supper admin will support:
- Create admin (same now)
- Update module
- Create theme

You are supper admin when u want to admin via or user via, he click to Admin level or user level (Same DirectAmin soft)

When use multi site, hosting need have support Parked domain , When domain connect to host, it change domain but it not change url after domain. index.php is API data behind shop-cart that it will choose template level right, furthermore will same Durpal

Location - Vietnam

Post by yehaa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:50 pm

daniel have you done the module?

Post by Daniel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:38 am

it has been out for ages. read the forum.

OpenCart®

Administrator