Post by mai » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi, I had to upgrade to the newest version. Followed the steps as explained in 'updating opencart'. But after getting the install screen and pressing continu, nothing happens. HELP! I have no idea what is going wrong.

mai

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:31 pm

mai wrote:... nothing happens. HELP! I have no idea what is going wrong.
how could someone else be able to assist you? This is no 'esoteric' Q+A Place, you have to deliever facts, links, Shop Admin & Server Error - Infos, otherways, you'll be on your own...

Ernie

ipc.li/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by mai » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Sorry for my late response. One shop has been set back to Opencart 1.5.4.1 is for the time being working again. All the problems started with an upgrade of the PHP server of my hosting partner. They told me that I had to upgrade Opencart, which I did.

My second shop is still not working: golfersweb.nl
After hitting the button continue (golfersweb.nl/install) I get a blank screen, no errors.
Trying the admin site I get:
Warning: mysql_query(): MySQL server has gone away in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis1\golfersweb.nl\wwwroot\system\database\mysql.php on line 22Warning: mysql_query(): Error reading result set's header in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis1\golfersweb.nl\wwwroot\system\database\mysql.php on line 22Notice: Error: MySQL server has gone away
Error No: 2006
SELECT * FROM store ORDER BY url in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis1\golfersweb.nl\wwwroot\system\database\mysql.php on line 50

I am getting pretty desperate after a week. My provider does not want to help me anymore and I could not make a backup because that was not working either. Any advise is welcome.

mai

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:01 pm

If your DB has gone away, just wait until it comes back, it may be on vacation for a short while...

Forget it, your Hosting-Abo probably just does not cover a OC-workable Environment. Either, MOVE to a 'decent' Hoster, offering usable Server Performance, or then, pay a 'decent' price to GET Server Performance. There is no alternative...

Ernie

ipc.li/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by mai » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:17 pm

I have hosted my webshops with this provider for the last couple of years. Never had a problem. So my question is again, has anybody a workable solution?

mai

Post by mai » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi, my admin side is working! But I still get my store not working. I get the following message:Notice: Error: Table 'marijnisgolf.category_path' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT p.product_id) AS total FROM category_path cp LEFT JOIN product_to_category p2c ON (cp.category_id = p2c.category_id) LEFT JOIN product p ON (p2c.product_id = p.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_description pd ON (p.product_id = pd.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_to_store p2s ON (p.product_id = p2s.product_id) WHERE pd.language_id = '2' AND p.status = '1' AND p.date_available <= NOW() AND p2s.store_id = '0' AND cp.path_id = '60' in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis1\golfersweb.nl\wwwroot\system\database\mysql.php on line 50

Can somebody help me out with this?

The backup system is not working either.
E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis\relatiegeschenkweb.nl\wwwroot\admin\model\tool\backup.php on line 21Notice: Undefined index: Tables_in_Marijniswebshop in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis\relatiegeschenkweb.nl\wwwroot\admin\model\tool\backup.php on line 21Notice: Undefined index: Tables_in_Marijniswebshop in

mai

Post by cwswebdesign » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:14 am

mai wrote:Hi, my admin side is working! But I still get my store not working. I get the following message:Notice: Error: Table 'marijnisgolf.category_path' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT p.product_id) AS total FROM category_path cp LEFT JOIN product_to_category p2c ON (cp.category_id = p2c.category_id) LEFT JOIN product p ON (p2c.product_id = p.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_description pd ON (p.product_id = pd.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_to_store p2s ON (p.product_id = p2s.product_id) WHERE pd.language_id = '2' AND p.status = '1' AND p.date_available <= NOW() AND p2s.store_id = '0' AND cp.path_id = '60' in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis1\golfersweb.nl\wwwroot\system\database\mysql.php on line 50

Can somebody help me out with this?

The backup system is not working either.
E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis\relatiegeschenkweb.nl\wwwroot\admin\model\tool\backup.php on line 21Notice: Undefined index: Tables_in_Marijniswebshop in E:\HostingSpaces\Marijnis\relatiegeschenkweb.nl\wwwroot\admin\model\tool\backup.php on line 21Notice: Undefined index: Tables_in_Marijniswebshop in
This table doesn't exist in your database and the system is trying to write to it. You need to get it added back in:

Table 'marijnisgolf.category_path' doesn't exist

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by mai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Updating to opencart 1.5.6 has messed up my complete database. I have been trying for 2 weeks now to get things working again. Asked help in this forum, but it still is not working. Can somebody please tell me why updating does not work?????? And how to solve the problem!!!!!

mai

Post by k2tec » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 pm

They told me that I had to upgrade Opencart
That is not true. On my servers are still some 1.4.8 running with php 5.4.x and mysql 5.6

When you update make a copy and try it on a local machine or a test account.

Post by cwswebdesign » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:14 pm

mai wrote:Updating to opencart 1.5.6 has messed up my complete database. I have been trying for 2 weeks now to get things working again. Asked help in this forum, but it still is not working. Can somebody please tell me why updating does not work?????? And how to solve the problem!!!!!
I don't think I've ever seen which version you started with? Do you have a full backup of your working site (database and files) so that you could restore back to that point?

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by mai » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Sorry for my late reaction. I have been away for some days. The upgrade is not an opencart problem. It turned out that the theme I was using, even with the upgrade version, did not work as it should be. I have now decided to use de default theme and change it a bit.
Thanks for all the respons.

mai