Post by dantheman50_98 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi There,

For some reason some customers have an approved status of "No". Most of them are approved automatically, so I'm wondering why some aren't. Is it customers who use guest checkout that aren't approved?

Thanks,
Dan

Post by victorj » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:58 pm

you probally have more than 1 clientgroup.
if upu have set option that client van register and select wich clientgro they belong to, check wich group is not aproved, next check sales client client groups and set comfirm client to desired state

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by dantheman50_98 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:35 am

Thank you for the quick reply. I've only got two groups: default and wholesale, both of which have "approve new customers" set to "no". Customers aren't given a choice about which customer group anyhow, so they're all "default" by default.

Any

Post by victorj » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:51 am

under normal behaviour, clients that gomthrough guest checkout, do not have a customer account under sales clients, only orders can be found.

once a client registers, standard status is not approved, somits saying no in client list, but once they are aproved by admin of your shop, aproved status changes to yes, so my guess is some one did aprove these cusotmers, and perhs the ones that say no might have been forgotten or just recent created their account

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by dantheman50_98 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:02 am

Thanks. I'm the only person using the site admin and I haven't made any changes to their approval status so there must be something else going on there for some reason. To clarify, having "approve new customers" set to "no" means they don't need approval from me to be approved, e.g. they should (and in most cases are) set to approved automatically. To quote what it says in opencart next to the "approve new customers" tick box, it says "Customers must be approved by and administrator before they can login." so no means customers don't need to be approved by an admin before they can login...

For some reason people without account status not approved don't have an ip address displayed either.

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:27 am

what version of oc are you running exactly?

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by dantheman50_98 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:34 am

I'm using 1.5.5.1...

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 am

From what you've said, your account creation is sometimes having a problem adding data. Do you have any custom code in the checkout or registration pages?

Guru Member

Post by dantheman50_98 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:52 am

I'm using a one page checkout extension, so do you reckon it's probably related to that?

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:28 am

I'd say you are best looking into that first. A lot of people have used 1.5.5.1 and I've never seen this come up before anywhere

Guru Member

Post by dantheman50_98 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 am

Thanks Jay, I'll do that.

Post by dantheman50_98 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:10 pm

This issue is ongoing. I've asked the checkout extension dev about the problem and he says his mod wouldn't affect the approval issue. I guess I could replace the relevant core files from a new opencart download. Which files would I need to replace if I were to do that?

Thanks.