Post by dfumagalli » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:16 am

Hello,

On a website I have OC 1.5.6 and Paypal Standard as one of the payment methods.

Everything works (payments, notifications etc. etc.) except one detail... that makes my boss angry a LOT.

In fact, throughout the whole process, the order status is set to Pending and never moves to "Processed" or "Complete" despite I have configured everything to do so.

Here's a screenshot of my Paypal Standard settings:

I have also setup the default order status in the server options:

I get no error in the logs, everything works except this.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Heavy OpenCart Customizations. Current project in progress: fleurworld.com

Post by dfumagalli » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:54 pm

I have just read this Stack Overflow post stating that Paypal changed their order statuses after OpenCart 1.5.6 was out since some months. Could it be why my order statuses don't match?

Post by dfumagalli » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:10 pm

I am looking at what Paypal sent back to OpenCart. It's order status is "Completed", therefore the issue is with OpenCart.
mc_gross=1.00&invoice=120 - dfumagalli&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=unconfirmed&item_number1=3 Red Roses with Teddy Bear&tax=0.00&payer_id=KU9FMM9JYYXD4&address_street=Avda Ernesto, 9&payment_date=12:02:05 Jul 10, 2014 PDT&option_name2_1=Data di consegna&option_selection1_1=IT&payment_status=Completed&option_name4_1=Occasione&option_selection3_1=Medio&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=38660&mc_shipping=0.00&mc_handling=0.00&first_name=Dario&mc_fee=0.38&address_country_code=ES&address_name=dfumagalli&notify_version=3.8&custom=120&payer_status=verified&business=customer.service@domain.tld&address_country=Spain&num_cart_items=1&mc_handling1=0.00&address_city=Redacted&verify_sign=Arj0I.9m-uCO5RC4BMlrfX1HjaQLAUEOGtKsPRjzRosMi8CZvFTeaMhN&payer_email=dfumagalli@redacted.com&mc_shipping1=0.00&tax1=0.00&option_name1_1=Paese di consegna&option_name3_1=Stelo&txn_id=6JR33477BG611842F&payment_type=instant&option_selection2_1=2014-07-24&last_name=Fumagalli&address_state=&item_name1=3 Rose Rosse con Peluche&receiver_email=customer.service@domain.tld&payment_fee=&option_selection4_1=Onomastico&quantity1=1&receiver_id=SGPM4GPCB9BZS&txn_type=cart&mc_gross_1=1.00&mc_currency=EUR&residence_country=ES&transaction_subject=120&payment_gross=&ipn_track_id=4a22dfe894dc

Post by dfumagalli » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:06 am

Since I don't see a lot of support coming, I am going to post the solution I have found so in the future somebody else could find it with Google.

Basically Paypal sometimes decides to change their protocols just because.

Our website has a number of whitelist rules (to avoid spamming, denial of service attacks and so on). One of these rules would check for the specific and officially documented Paypal User Agent and redirect to a "reject" page in case of mismatch.
For some reason they stopped sending that User Agent and send a "-" one. This made our spam filter activate and redirect the incoming Paypal notifications to "null" and this in turn would prevent our orders from being updated (via Paypal IPN callbacks) from Pending to something else.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:14 am

One could call it 'ignorance' or then 'Unawareness', whatever it is, it's a potential Problem.

I did not yet 'try' the PP-Sandbox ever, in real, despite of beeing familiar with it's function for long - it's something - one should not play with - because the chance of SCREWING UP somewhere, eventually even getting into heavy arguments with (required!) PP over it, because of of missplaced/underfinanced Payment..., or whatever!

If you know what I am trying to 'define'.

Fundamentallly, one main problem here is the 'Transfer of Knowledge'. It's related to the System, on wich OC is based on, when it comes to 'Money', the 'Sharing-Idea' is no longer Part of it.

Because, PP-Functions are used only to 'generate' Money, therefore, to make 'em work right, one probably has to pay someone. I fully understand this way of thinking. Free ends, where Money starts...

The other main problem, PP, is related to a (presumed) Malfunction. At least, as it seems to work. I don't recall momentarely, if PP is default Option in OC, but if it is, then, I would expect it to function as required.

Under such circumstances, noone would require a (paid) Pro to solve it. As well as endless arguments about PP, again, and already over an extended period of time, here at the Forum...(instead of solving the problem)

It's to important to just be ignored

my 2 Cents

all have a nice weekend

Ernie

ipc.li/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by bafaraj » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:56 am

dfumagalli wrote:Since I don't see a lot of support coming, I am going to post the solution I have found so in the future somebody else could find it with Google.

Basically Paypal sometimes decides to change their protocols just because.

Our website has a number of whitelist rules (to avoid spamming, denial of service attacks and so on). One of these rules would check for the specific and officially documented Paypal User Agent and redirect to a "reject" page in case of mismatch.
For some reason they stopped sending that User Agent and send a "-" one. This made our spam filter activate and redirect the incoming Paypal notifications to "null" and this in turn would prevent our orders from being updated (via Paypal IPN callbacks) from Pending to something else.
So what would be the solution in this case ?

متجر إنـشــاد | نختصر المسافات
http://www.inshadstore.com

Location - UAE

Post by SXGuy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 am

I don't know if your issue is the same as the one I recently had. But I was getting paypal IPN telling me the order was marked as complete, but opencart telling me that the orders were pending, or missing.

It turned out, my web hosting company had to reset cURL libraries. And I had to delete my php.ini file in my domain root directory as it was conflicting.

Try that and see what happens.