Post by nutitout » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Site is being edited locally.

As per image. This happens when the customer tries to change his/her name in the account - edit page.

This is weird because all I did was install vqmod, which for some reason said it was installed yet it hasn't shown up in the admin - extensions or modules pages etc.

Would love some help. I play by the help3 rules (help me and I help 3 others on the forum).

wtf.png

ahh wtf means where the files. I swear :) - wtf.png (58.55 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

Last edited by nutitout on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rph » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 am

There's a comma before the WHERE clause. You'll have to undo whatever change you made to cause it, whether a vQmod script or editing the /catalog/model/account/address.php file.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by nutitout » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:52 am

Cool :) Ahhm, I cannot see the extra comma anywhere?
Last edited by rph on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed wall of code

Post by rph » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 am

I removed the wall of code since it makes a mess and doesn't add anything.

The error could originate from /catalog/model/account/customer.php or any number of places. It's impossible to know unless you step through the code. Go back and look at what changes you've made recently. That's where the problem is coming from. Also clear our your vQmod cache.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by nutitout » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:52 am

Ok thanks. How does one clear the vqmod cache? The vqmod said it was installed but it doesn't show in modules or extensions or wherever it's supposed to. Tis something simple I bet :)?

Post by rph » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:37 am

Delete /vqmod/mods.cache and all /vqmod/vqcache/vq-* files.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by nutitout » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Thanks. There's about 4 dozen .php and .tpl files. All need to go? e.g. vq2-catalog_controller_account_download.php

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:54 pm

nutitout wrote:Thanks. There's about 4 dozen .php and .tpl files. All need to go? e.g. vq2-catalog_controller_account_download.php
Just remove everything, placed within the:

Code: Select all

\shop\vqmod\vqcache\
Those are only 'constructed' files, generated by USE of the default xxx.tpl / xxx.php files.
They will be built again, as soon as you start/load the Shop again.

You have possibly installed the VQMOD-Option, BUT NOT YET a VqMod itself, therefore,
you will seee NO active VqMod in Admin.

Ernie

Be patient, I worked a few months on OC to make it work as required, you won't get it made in a few hours.....
Last edited by IP_CAM on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by nutitout » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Found it. I had removed the "fax number" field and all remants of it, and had left a comma after 'telephone' statement in /catalog/model/account/customer.php
line 103.
Thanks guys, much appreciated :)!
Is there a vqmod out there, as to remove specific customer account options and items like them? I've heard a lot about vqmod but I haven't seen many good sites with lists of mods. Am I missing out on a lot of awesome code here :)?

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:28 pm

From the 'strictly technical' point of view, VqMod's 'work' like a kind of 'hotfix-solution'. As a result of this, every VqMod used add's a fraction of time-delay to the System, something, not really usable in a professionally designed Setup. Regardless of what others may say to this 'claim' of mine, it's a measurable fact. Therefore, whenever a VqMod works well, it's 'Content' should be used to replace 'default' Source Code, not modifying it, again and again, after a Page is already built internally. It only creates another bunch of internal Templates, until the last VqMod has been 'implemented' this way, into the finally constructed 'source', before the Page is ready to be 'sent' to the visitor.

Hard to explain, but this is how it works...

Ernie

ipc.li/shop/

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by nutitout » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Yea I get vqmod. It just inserts code into x place via a reference to a file. But I figure that, with such an easy implementation method, coders are more inclined just to drop code onto a vqmod site somewhere rather than pasting core files where creators have to paste instructions on what they've modified.
Is this the case? Are there more and more exciting vqmods out there or is it more likely I'd find a specific modification through the add-on modules etc?

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 pm

nutitout wrote:Yea I get vqmod. It just inserts code into x place via a reference to a file. But I figure that, with such an easy implementation method, coders are more inclined just to drop code onto a vqmod site somewhere rather than pasting core files where creators have to paste instructions on what they've modified.
Is this the case? Are there more and more exciting vqmods out there or is it more likely I'd find a specific modification through the add-on modules etc?
The best place to look would be on the OpenCart MarketPlace to see the new updates. ;)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 pm

>>with such an easy implementation method, coders are more inclined just to drop code onto a vqmod site somewhere rather than pasting core files<<

Exactly this is the point. Why making it hard on others, implementing hard coded Modifications, if it can be done the easy way. I fully agree with this. But it's still a PATCH, not a FINAL solution, at least, for somebody, trying to create an 'ultimate' Shop-Solution, 'loaded' with more than just a few Products, and working efficiently under heavy load.

I look at it as beeing a top Solution to reproduce 'immediate' results, without touching Source Code. One can test it, if it does not fullfill requirements, just delete it again and it's gone. At least, in pieces, because, if it has done some 'Work' on existing DB's, those 'Entries' will possibly remain as long as the DB is not ever 'reworked' manually, in order to get such VqMod-created, left-over/unused DB-Content, removed again.

I plan to create a powerfull OC-based Shop-Solution, 'lean' and easy on 'ressources', as fast and efficient as possible, therefore, no 'obvious' Compromises can be tolerated, in order to reach this Goal. VqModding is a PLAIN Compromise, in that sense, but never a FINAL thing to have, if someone really plans to push OC to it's performance limits.

Just to be clear, I still have a Variety of VqMod's, doing their Job at my Shop-Site. But most of them exist in CUT form already, just concentrating on some 'Functions', not yet implemented into the Source. It's mostly 'done' this way in order to avoid unpleasant 'claches' with other VqMod-Functions. But in my final Version, all of the, still existing, VqMod-Content will be hard-coded into the Source.

I am fully aware, that this is not very easy work, if one does not have a 'certain' knowledge on Coding. I would advise such OC-Users to stick with their VqMod's. If they only offer a 'few' Items for Sale, it makes no difference, if a Shop is not LOADED with Masses of Products and/or used by huge numbers of Visitors. Just to make this clear...

Ernie

PS. I have no plans to 'disturb' the Scene in any sense, neither to 'get' VqMod Contributors 'up-tide' against me. I just talk SPEED, nothing else...

http://www.ipc.li/shop/

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by nutitout » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Yea I think I understood what you meant :) I was just wondering if there was a prime vqmod site where I can locate tons of new code to place in my core files.

Post by nutitout » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks straightlight, and you too IP_CAM. You've both been very helpful :)