Post by TechBoxSurge » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Previously, I had a custom case shop called cellside.ca that I built for custom phone cases.

My business had a major "pivot" in this industry and electornic repair & accessories took over.

I didn't have to rebrand, but I lined up this premium domain name and couldn't resist but to rebrand to it.

So I guess I can kind of introduce this website as its nearing completion

Cellphone Cases, Accessories, Electronic Repair & More.

As in terms of programming, this website is nearly done just need to finish the factory unlocking script, waiting on api access from my supplier then I can wrap this up.

Only biggest hurdle I have is the getting the huge 10,000+ product item library onto my site. I've imported most product, but polishing up items is going to take a while.

Any feedback would be great, but please remember i'm technically in BETA mode... lots of information is missing and I most likely know about it but don't be shy to tell me if you think its crucial :)

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:22 am

Nice Site, on of the 'better' Places, I looked into so far...
Good Luck

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by labeshops » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:58 am

Honestly, I find your product pages way too busy. It's hard to find the buy button with all the distractions everywhere you look. I understand wanting to cross sell and show benefits of free shipping, but i would redesign the page to make it more buy focused. Customers will not search for info so if they don't see your buy button right up front, they will go to the next search result.

Your home page isn't bad, but I would work a bit on the product pages.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:36 am

One little hint. For Security Reasons, 'button-driven' selection-value-fields should never be 'left open' to be 'edited' manually by visitors.
In:

Code: Select all

shop\catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\product.tpl

<div>Quantity</div>

<input class="form-control" name="quantity" size="2" value="1" type="text">
would probably have to be changed to look like:

<input class="form-control" name="quantity" size="2" value="1" type="text" readonly/>
Look for a line with similar content, if it does not look 'exactly' like the one above.

Ernie

ipc.li/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland