Post by clittlehales » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:23 pm

We are using OpenCart 1.5.6.4, when you click on a product (some products navigate as they should), they open up the homepage. For example, we sell electrical products, if i selected a lamp i want to purchase, the homepage will open up rather than the product page. This happens with a massive amount of our products and this is a high priority issue to us as nobody will probably buy anything, so any good answers or recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks
Liam

Post by uNeverNo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:12 am

Hi, Liam. This happens because your latest module has a coding bug, using the home page url as a product link. Your featured module is ok. So you need to get it right by yourself or ask someone to do it for you.

Regards,
Marcel
Last edited by uNeverNo on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by PWF » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:27 am

Hi Liam,

Do all the products have a description? It seems the ones that re-direct to the homepage instead of the product are also not displaying the description on rollover.

PWF

Post by deeve » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Liam,
I noticed you fixed this now.
How did you manage to do that, as I have the same problem?
Thanks.

Post by clittlehales » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 pm

deeve wrote:Hi Liam,
I noticed you fixed this now.
How did you manage to do that, as I have the same problem?
Thanks.
Hi Deeve,

I fixed this by applying SEO keywords to all of my products. The products that were already navigating to the correct pages, had SEO keywords applied to them, and the ones that were just opening the homepage, never had SEO keywords. I purchased an extension that generates SEO keywords for all your products, categories, information pages and manufactures. I would really recommend it especially if you have a lot of products and categories.

Extension: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=36

Thanks
Liam

Post by deeve » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Many thanks for the heads-up, Liam. Will be sure to check that SEO extension out.
Personally, I had a very weird occurrence; I'd purchased the CSV Product Import & CSV Product Export extensions by karapuz & all seemed fine. I exported a CSV, started working on it, only to discover the spreadsheet had somehow automatically removed all references to the word 'home' throughout the spreadsheet & then pasted these into the column 'location'. I have absolutely no idea why & can only imagine I have some sort of bug/virus that's targeting Excel. Once these were removed, all went back to working as it should.

Anyone else ever had this happen to them?