Post by Pete011 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 am

The data feeds status (in Google Merchant Center) for my products come with the warning that "google product category" is missing for each product.

I have got the google product classification but do not know how I can add that information to the data feed (i.e. xml file).

I am using Opencart 1.5.6.4

If anyone could share some examples or point me in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Pete

Post by justcurious » Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Are you using Google Base for this?

Unfortunately that is no longer up to date, but there are a number of extensions available in the extension store.

I can heartily recommend this one:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=11468

But then I would, because it's mine ;D

It allows you to add the Google Product Category, you can update your products in bulk (not just one at a time), and you can track any visitors that come from Google Shopping.

Google Product Feed - Get your products into Google Shopping. Includes a bulk update facility.
Backup Pro - Backup (on demand or scheduled), Restore and Clone your store.
Freestyle Box - Add multiple information boxes on multiple pages of your store. Includes optional "Code Mode".
View my other extensions

Location - UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon May 05, 2014 6:41 pm

We have nearly finished writing up a new Google Products feed which will, amongst other things, fully support Google Categories, different target countries/languages, shipping costs, options etc. More to come soon.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member