Post by theace » Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm running OC 1.5.5.1 and I was wondering if a module like this could be created. I run a store that has a lot of community involvement as such and we want to have "pick up points" all over the country. The store itself is more of a not for profit kind of thing and aims at supporting kids interested in speed cubing.

Anyway, here's what I have in mind -

Under the current "Cash Payment at Store" payment option, you can have just one single option. Also, there is no scope for data input from the admin panel. Now here's what I would like -

A "Cash Payment at Store" option where I can add multiple options (say, Location 1, Location 2, and so on). Each of these options can have a text box in the admin panel (which is like the text box for "Bank Transfer") so that I can enter an address and any location specific instructions (such as a phone number, visit time, etc).

At the front end, it can just show "Cash Payment at Store" in the heading in bold followed by "Location 1", "Location 2", etc. as options. When an option is selected, the text that is entered in the text box in the admin panel can be displayed just as it is displayed in the "Bank Transfer" module.

Is this possible? Can it be made?

Post by pprmkr » Fri May 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Yes, It can be made.

Wich fields do you want to use ?
For example:
cash_on_pickup_multi.jpg

cash_on_pickup_multi.jpg (45.63 KiB) Viewed 2345 times

However: catalog/controller/payment_method does not process serialized tables unlike shipping_method! Have to disappoint you!

Location - Netherlands

Post by theace » Sat May 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Is there any other way around this?

Post by theace » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Okay so I found a less than optimal way to go about this. I just duplicated the Bank Transfer module a few times and used those modules for entering the Pickup point data.

Now I have another query -

If someone decides to select "Pickup Point A" for his payment method, he will get the details of "Pickup point A" that I mention in the back end. However, if the same person, for whatever reason decides to select "Pickup Point B" in his shipping method, is there any way for me to send him information based on his choice of "Pickup Point B"?

Information like
Payment Info: "Please pay for your order at Pickup Point A located at *address*"
Shipping Info: "Please pick up your order at Pickup Point B located at *address*"

I'm thinking of an output similar to the Bank Transfer module. I already have this "Multi Location Pickup" module http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7787. However, it won't let me add additional information like the Bank Transfer Payment Module will. I'm not even sure if it can be done.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:08 am

theace wrote:Okay so I found a less than optimal way to go about this. I just duplicated the Bank Transfer module a few times and used those modules for entering the Pickup point data.

Now I have another query -

If someone decides to select "Pickup Point A" for his payment method, he will get the details of "Pickup point A" that I mention in the back end. However, if the same person, for whatever reason decides to select "Pickup Point B" in his shipping method, is there any way for me to send him information based on his choice of "Pickup Point B"?

Information like
Payment Info: "Please pay for your order at Pickup Point A located at *address*"
Shipping Info: "Please pick up your order at Pickup Point B located at *address*"

I'm thinking of an output similar to the Bank Transfer module. I already have this "Multi Location Pickup" module http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7787. However, it won't let me add additional information like the Bank Transfer Payment Module will. I'm not even sure if it can be done.
I was just about to post a new request topic about this. A good and accurate solution without involving the merchant's cost would be by categorizing the shipping modules by Local API and Remote API whenever a shipping needs to be installed from the admin - > extensions -> shipping page.

If Local API, shipping question from checkout remains as is. If Remote API, after hitting the "confirm" button, all activated Remote API shipping modules could be loaded and updated to convince the customer of a possible lowered service fee + to save the merchant's expense towards his API transaction report charged by his shipping provider.

As a last result from the Shipping Remote API window, a "none of the above" option could be listed additionally so that the customer do would like to remain with the Shipping Local API he selected on step 2. The Shipping Remote API window could also appear based on not completed orders / not completed payment processing concept (not set as a complete status).

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vikrant » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi, I am from India and have installed segapay direct from extension>payments. now the question is what is vendor or how to activate it for my site. is segapay direct accept Indian currency ? pl guide me.

Post by theace » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:40 am

vikrant wrote:Hi, I am from India and have installed segapay direct from extension>payments. now the question is what is vendor or how to activate it for my site. is segapay direct accept Indian currency ? pl guide me.
You should probably go to Sega Pay's website and read through their T&C, etc. In all probability, you will find every bit of info you need on their website.