Post by brianpeat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:59 am

I have a client who wants the subcategories block at the top to appear on ALL subcategories of a particular category. It's a furniture store, so if you're on the Beds main category, it shows 10-15 subcategories at the top. Once you click on a sub, the box goes away (as it normally should). Does anyone know of a way to make that box stay there across all subcats of a particular parent cat?

thanks!

Running Mijoshop in Joomla 3.2 (basically OC 1.5.5.1)

Location - Mechanicsburg, PA

Post by ThePath » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:52 am

Hmm never done it before but in the template file you have something like:

Code: Select all

<?php if (count($categories) <= 5) { ?>
                    <ul class="col-md-12">
                        <?php foreach ($categories as $category) { ?>
                            <li><a href="<?php echo $category['href']; ?>"><?php echo $category['name']; ?></a></li>
                        <?php } ?>
                    </ul>
                <?php } else { ?>
                    <?php for ($i = 0; $i < count($categories);) { ?>
                        <ul class="col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-3">
                            <?php $j = $i + ceil(count($categories) / 4); ?>
                            <?php for (; $i < $j; $i++) { ?>
                                <?php if (isset($categories[$i])) { ?>
                                    <li><a href="<?php echo $categories[$i]['href']; ?>"><?php echo $categories[$i]['name']; ?></a></li>
                                <?php } ?>
                            <?php } ?>
                        </ul>
                    <?php } ?>
                <?php } ?>
You should start with taking out the if statement and just run the first foreach and see what happens.

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by brianpeat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks for posting. I'm digging around trying to find this code and can't seem to find it. I'm actually using Mijoshop, which is based on 1.5.5.1 if that helps. All the template files ARE in there, but nothing seems to resemble what you've posted.

I can see some code regarding children levels in the module/category.tpl, but it doesn't look like the block you posted.

No worries if we can't figure it out, but if you've got time, I'd love to find the solution. Thanks!

Post by ThePath » Wed May 14, 2014 5:08 pm

SIgh Mijoshop. lol

To be honest Ive only ever looked at mijoshop once when I fixed one of my mods to work for it. I have sinced blanked the experience out ;)

I dont like Joomla so its not something I could help with really, dont they have a forum?

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by brianpeat » Wed May 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Mijoshop doesn't have a forum, and this issue really is an opencart one. For the most part, modules work in Mijo just like they work in OC (from what I can tell), same with editing templates, and VQMod is in there so I've been "hacking" things that way so I don't actually have to edit the template. So far my client hasn't asked for this even though the store we were patterning his after does have this feature. So for now I'm good. If he asks for it I'll just have to see if I can find an OC dev who I can pay to do this for him.

thanks!

Post by kimbo » Thu May 15, 2014 9:57 am

brianpeat, I have Mijoshop and I am getting rid of it. I will be on only OC, soon I hope.
Just the same way you experienced trying to find your way through Mijo and into Opencart, I have had many issues with Mijo. All I can say is think of it as OC is the yolk of the egg, mijo is the white and joomla is the shell. Too many layers to peel to get to the main course...
Sigh, ugh, sigh is accurate.

kimbo
The Chloelina All Natural Soap Co.
chloelina.com

Post by brianpeat » Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 am

Actually I haven't had much trouble. The issue is, I'm not a programmer, so I have to find solutions elsewhere. I'm a joomla guy who needs something with a good eco system, so this was the solution. I may get into OC by itself, but most of my experience right now is in Joomla (I've been using it since the mambo days). Right now I don't want to give up the extras I get from having joomla wrapped around it.

Post by kimbo » Thu May 15, 2014 10:08 am

I know, I am not a programmer or developer either. Self taught on Joomla and loved it. But I also like OC, I like the forum here and there are MANY folks who are a wealth of knowledge and willing to help. Mijoshop has no forum and takes too long to respond to support requests. For me, that is the clincher; at least give me a place to research and try to help myself.

kimbo
chloelina.com

Post by brianpeat » Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 am

Yeah, I do wish they had a forum. Thankfully, they've always responded to my tickets quickly and I've got Denis' skype address so I can always hassle him if I get too stuck :)

Post by kimbo » Thu May 15, 2014 10:14 am

Good for you, I hope you have better luck.

kimbo
chloelina.com