Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:42 am

I moved to Opencart for Payflow Pro module but I am having a very tough time with it and having little luck with figuring it out or getting guidance.

From earlier in this thread:
Paypal Pro Iframe / Payflow Pro iFrame

Previously PayPal Pro iFrame was only available to download in the extensions store. PayPal commissioned the development of this module to include new features and to also allow merchants to install for free by including it in the core of OpenCart payment extensions.

Running PayPal Pro in an iFrame allows merchants to hide the identity of the PayPal payment gateway for their card payments. It also reduces the requirements of a merchant’s PCI compliance, so there is no need for a dedicated server or VPS and penetration testing to become compliant - all payment pages are hosted at PayPal and not on your store.
US users who use PayPal Payflow Pro can also benefit from the iFrame module.
I have spent the last few days trying to get this to work on my site but have been unable to.
Mainly the IFrame just gives a blank grey box then reloads the page when an error is encountered. So I am looking for anyone who has this working and can please help me out.
Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:00 am

Problem with errors and "PayPal Payflow Pro iFrame" module
I figured it OUT!!! Please stay tuned and I'll get back to you all with what I did so I can help anyone else running into the same issue.

EDIT to give info:

First this is how it works for me. It might not work this way for everyone.

Initially I tried to get the Iframe to work and it gave me a lot of problems with call back, error display, etc.
I tried to set it to redirect with multi-store and ran into problems. The main problem was that in paypal payflow account settings redirect uses one of two templates.
Those templates you either put an image at the top or your store name. If you put an image of one store that image shows for ALL stores. Same thing for any text you put there. See this thread: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=116063

So multi store and "PayPal Payflow Pro iFrame" module set for redirect mode can cause concern for your customers if they see another stores info at the top of the page. (If you have no other option to use then I would choose text and put something like "Pay By Credit or Debit card" so it just shows a generic title.)

iframe does work but it was a pain to get it to work.
Okay to cut to the chase and help someone.

Set up the "PayPal Payflow Pro iFrame" module --->
- Fill out all the fields with your account info
- Set "Checkout Method:" to "Iframe" (paying attention to the info there - no SSL wouldn't use iframe)

Get into your manager.paypal.com account.
- Service settings --> Set up
-- Fill out: Enter Cancel URL:, Enter Return URL:, Enter Silent Post URL: with the information provided at the bottom of the "PayPal Payflow Pro iFrame" module screen.
-- LEAVE "Enter Error URL" BLANK!!!! (IMPORTANT)
-- Set "Payment Confirmation" to " On my website"
-- Set your "Security Options" to your preferences.
<SAVE> your settings.

Next in manager.paypal.com in:
- Service settings --> Customize
Select "Layout C" then "Save and publish".

That should work for you. The problem is the "Enter Error URL" if you fill that out the error will be sent back to your store for "payment/pp_payflow_iframe/pp_error" to handle but "pp_payflow_iframe_error.tpl" file contains basically one line -- a javascript redirect line that reloads the page, so you get a blank IFrame and your checkout page reloads... (pp_payflow_iframe_error.tpl does not handle displaying of your the errors - YES I know the instructions say to put in "Enter Error URL" in your settings but don't.)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I would love it if this info helps someone not spend days trying to figure it out.

Mike

Expert Member

Post by miradoro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:14 am

hi

i am using 1.5.6.1 and i have Paypal Payflow Link .... which module can i use?

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:37 am

miradoro wrote:hi

i am using 1.5.6.1 and i have Paypal Payflow Link .... which module can i use?
I personally would try the "PayPal Payflow Pro iFrame" module. Yup, I know it says for "PRO" but I used to have payflow link when I was using another shopping cart and their pro module worked for my "link" account too.

It should only take a couple of minutes testing to see if it works with your account.

Mike

Expert Member

Post by miradoro » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:24 am

oh man !!! i hope it works with Payflow Pro iFrame, it will be great not to have the customer leave the site

Post by miradoro » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:19 am

MAtes !! great news! it seems it works just fine !!!
i didnt get an email notification but i think thats because i messed up and the email configuration
i checked my statement online and i can see the order in place

Post by Xciso » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello.
I have a questions about "Profiles" Does everyone know what "Profiles" are?
I understand what it is, but i think the name of it is verry strange.

Isnt it better to name it like membership profiles or something?

Thanks!

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Xciso wrote:Hello.
I have a questions about "Profiles" Does everyone know what "Profiles" are?
I understand what it is, but i think the name of it is verry strange.

Isnt it better to name it like membership profiles or something?

Thanks!
It's for recurring payments, e.g. subscriptions. Mainly geared toward Paypal, but in theory could be made to work with other payment providers, too.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:31 am

i'm going to change the name after 2.0 is out. i did not come up with these table names. it should be subscription_profile or something similar.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by fickena » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:17 am

Hi Daniel,

Firstly thanks for all the hard work. Just heard rumours about OC 2.0 and can't wait. I was just about to move my main site from another platform to OC 1.561 but should I wait for 2.0?

Beta out this month?

Regards Adam

Post by aussiebatt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks Daniel!
welfordmedia wrote:
MarketInSG wrote:if your vqmod script searches for before <?php echo $footer; ?> on admin/view/template/product.tpl, it's not going to work very nicely as there's a missing line break.
Missing line was added last night to the repo..it was missing in product_form.tpl

Wish for good friends for better life - battaussie.com
UK reliable battery supplier: batteriescompany.com

Location - Sydney, NSW

Post by DSGI » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:08 am

fickena wrote:Hi Daniel,

Firstly thanks for all the hard work. Just heard rumours about OC 2.0 and can't wait. I was just about to move my main site from another platform to OC 1.561 but should I wait for 2.0?

Beta out this month?

Regards Adam
Hi Adam - You can grab the code on Github right now and start working with OC V2.0 if you want to, just clone/fork the master branch. Opencart hasn't had a "Beta" version release before and I'm no sure if V2.0 will have a beta or not... It's safe to say that you can start working with the mater branch on Github and consider that a "Beta" or even when OC V2.0 gets released just treat that as a "Beta" version for a while while bug fixes get committed.

If you need to move your site in the near future I'd recommend you go with OC V1.561 as there is no way to tell when OC V2.0 will be released.

Best of luck!

DS-MATT/DSGI

Best of Luck!

Post by openact » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi
Excited too, but when I went to 'upgrade' from 1.5.6.1 I got this:

• Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_DRIVER - assumed 'DB_DRIVER' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/controller/upgrade.php on line 42

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_PREFIX - assumed 'DB_PREFIX' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 23

###########################
    ABOVE LINE repeated 'several' times
    ###########################

Use of undefined constant DB_PREFIX - assumed 'DB_PREFIX' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 23

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_DRIVER - assumed 'DB_DRIVER' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 137

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_HOSTNAME - assumed 'DB_HOSTNAME' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 137

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_USERNAME - assumed 'DB_USERNAME' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 137

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_PASSWORD - assumed 'DB_PASSWORD' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 137

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_DATABASE - assumed 'DB_DATABASE' in /home/HOST/mydomain/install/model/upgrade.php on line 137
    Error: Could not load database driver type DB_DRIVER!
What do I do?

Thanks
M[/s]

Post by openact » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Addition

I have now tried the newest version 1.5.6.4 and I got exactly the same problem.

So I edited the index.php within the install folder and replaced the following code from :

if (file_exists ('.. / config.php')) {
if (filesize ('.. / config.php')> 0) {
$ Upgrade = true;

to

if (file_exists ('.. / config.php')) {
if (filesize ('.. / config.php')> 1) {
$ Upgrade = true;

As seen it solved it for someone, but not me!

Also, I am using OpeShop which works flawlessly.

Anyone?

Post by i2Paq » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 pm

openact wrote: Anyone?
Please post your upgrade related issue in the appropriate forum.

This topic is about the 1.5.6.x release ONLY.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by openact » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Sorry, I thought 1.5.6 meant 1.5.6, 1.56.1 etc.

!

Post by rawmeattt » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:41 am

Hello ,just updated 1.5.6.4 from 1.5.6.3 - new to this product and site isnce 10 days ago. So far I really like it.

I do have an error everytime I try to save in the products module. The change get done or saved but the cart gets stuck on a message error page instead of automatically reloading to the products module home page.

errror:
Notice: Undefined index: profile_id in /home/content/02/10525702/html/xxx/admin/model/catalog/product.php on line 268Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/02/10525702/html/xxx/admin/index.php:81) in /home/content/02/10525702/html/xxx/system/engine/controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/02/10525702/html/xxx/admin/index.php:81) in /home/content/02/10525702/html/xxx/system/engine/controller.php on line 29
---------------------------------------------------------
any help or advice would be great thanks

Post by i2Paq » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:02 pm

rawmeattt wrote:Hello ,just updated 1.5.6.4 from 1.5.6.3
i2Paq wrote: Please post your upgrade related issue in the appropriate forum.

This topic is about the 1.5.6.x release ONLY.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by STN » Fri May 23, 2014 7:54 pm

I am using 1.5.4 (heavily modded), are there significant security fixes or new features that i should upgrade to this one ?. I have been putting off updating until 2.0 is released but seeing as nobody knows when is that going to happen and 1.5.6 sounds like a major release, is it worth updating to ?.

I will have to mod it again since its not a proper modification and i edited OC files as i saw fit to my needs at the time. I am more worried about security than new features so if this release doesn't fix any security holes etc. then i don't need to upgrade.

Game Trainers

STN

Post by Shotster » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 am

Daniel wrote:
toners4u wrote:Daniel - just looked at Paypal when checking which version we need for another site & noticed that you are not showing on the paypal page https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/shopping-carts - is there a problem or are paypal slow to update their site?
i'm still waiting for the partner agreement.
I still don't see OC on the PP cart page. What's the status? It appears to have been about a year since the above post.

Thanks,

-Steve