Post by Pete011 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I want to make the "Telephone" customer field not required. I am using version 1.5.6.1

There are three places where I made changes to make it non required (as per http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=86356):

/public_html/catalog/controller/account/register.php
/public_html/Catalog/Controller/Checkout/guest.php
/public_html/Catalog/Controller/Checkout/register.php

And three places where I made changes to remove the red asterix
catalog/view/theme/yourtheme/template/account/register.tpl
Catalog/View/Theme/yourthemename/Template/Checkout/guest.tpl (in my case yourthemename is default)
Catalog/View/Theme/yourthemename/Template/Checkout/register.tpl (in my case yourthemename is default)

While the above works fine (registration and guest registration), what is not working is when customer logs in and click on edit your personal information then the Telephone field becomes a required field (with the red star next to it) and the details would not update unless the telephone number field is entered.

Does anyone know which files do I need to edit to fix this so that when customer wants to update their account info the telephone field is not reuired to be entered?

Many Thanks
Last edited by Pete011 on Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by stokeyblokey » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 am

catalog/view/theme/default/template/account/edit.tpl is the template file, the controller is catalog/controller/account/edit.php.

Think that's your lot :)

Stokey

Post by Pete011 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 pm

It works!

Many Thanks. Stokeyblokey really appreciate your help.

Post by stokeyblokey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 pm

No worries, you can edit your thread title to include [SOLVED] now so it is easier for people to find in future if they have the same issue ;)

Stokey

Stokey

Post by milky » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi,

please advise how to do it in OC 2

Thanks