Post by kostandisppz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:28 pm

hi there,
after creating a specific 3rd level category, some of the listed items appear twice on the category menu.
I have tried to fix the sort order but nothing. I created new categories with 3d level sub-categories but the bug appears only in the specific category.
Try this link http://goo.gl/HnTZ3B and go to OUTLET>MALE or FEMALE and you will see some categories duplicated. I checked the DB, but there are no duplicate entries.The themes tpl file seems to be fine.
I really cannot find a solution to this bug..any help is appreciated!

Post by BlueLotusStudio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Its odd that the only two categories giving you problems are the two categories with a 3rd level; and that one is a problem under outlet/female and the other is a problem under outlet/male. Have you tried renaming the categories/subcategories for accessories and shoes so that the names of the male categories don't mirror the names of the female categories? If you disconnect hat from female/accessories, does the problem go away under outlet? It might be that oc can't handle a 4th layer.

http://www.bluelotustreasures.com
oc v1.5.6.1 with vq_mod - clean install
Current extensions: currency drop down; usps fix; vqmodmanager; sliding shopping cart; multiple flat rate options; braintree payment gateway; ajax quick checkout; show voucher theme pictures

Location - Maryland

Post by kostandisppz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:48 am

Thanks for your reply,
I have already tried what you proposed, but only when I disable the 4th level categories, I get the menu back to normal.
As you said, maybe 4th level isn't supported!
Actually the twin item appears instead of another existing category! OUTLET>MALE>SHOES instead of OUTLET>MALE>HOODIES & SWEATSHIRTS

Post by ktinet » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi,
The same problem in my shop.
Did you find any solution?

Post by ramjiweb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi ,

am new to opencart, I use 1.5.6.1 version, wen i create category : presonalcare>Oral care> toothpaste, 3rd sub category was not display in header main menu, Please help me

Sorry for bad English :-)

Ramji
www.clickmart.co.in

Location - Coimbatore