Post by ra2mediasolutions » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi Guys, I've just done a fresh install of 1.5.6.1, this is my third opencart install, I followed instructions as usual with permission but the images are not working for me, product images wont work, also images are not showing in the images manager.

I've had a Google search but cant seem to find a solution, any help would be appreciated.

http://mvtgifts.co.uk/

Also all product pictures and brands show the macbook pro, any ideas?

Post by BlueLotusStudio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Did you create your htaccess file - follow the instructions in htaccess.txt; I believe there is also help in the oc documentation.

You are seeing macbook, pro, etc. because when you load oc, it loads all the demo images, products, settings. Initially, it will be helpful to see how to set things up. You can delete/disable/uninstall the demo stuff from the admin panel as you go along. The easiest way to delete the images is from your c-panel.

Hope this helps.

http://www.bluelotustreasures.com
oc v1.5.6.1 with vq_mod - clean install
Current extensions: currency drop down; usps fix; vqmodmanager; sliding shopping cart; multiple flat rate options; braintree payment gateway; ajax quick checkout; show voucher theme pictures

Location - Maryland

Post by r4nd0m » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 pm

-removed- creating separate post

Attachments

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 15.52.36.png

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 15.52.36.png (22.08 KiB) Viewed 1718 times

Post by BlueLotusStudio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:18 pm

First, can you see the images correctly from your c-panel - if yes, then they loaded correctly and it is your oc image manager that can't see them. Have you looked on the forum for help? There are a lot of posts with similar image issues after upgrade. Does your store reside in a subdirectory - if so, make sure your htaccess file reflects this.

Current extensions: currency drop down; usps fix; vqmodmanager; sliding shopping cart; multiple flat rate options; braintree payment gateway; ajax quick checkout; show voucher theme pictures

Location - Maryland

Post by ra2mediasolutions » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 pm

As with my previous installs I just renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess, my site is in the root not a sub and is a fresh install not a upgrade.

I cant see anything that really needs editing but I don't really understand it.

The file uploads as i can see it in my files, so its only happens in the image manager.

I have removed the sample data, created my own cat and product but the image doesn't work in image manager or on the actual website, as R4nd0m posted, my image manager looks like that, everything says 0kb with no previews.

I don't see it being a server/host issue as i have another opencart store on the same host.

When in image manager if create a folder, then click that folder and refresh, it reloads the folder and again and this is just weird. i will attach a preview for you below

Also i have searched most of the day on the forum and google for a solution, many people have similar problems and I have tried their fixes but none helped.

Peter

Attachments

refresh.PNG

refresh.PNG (19.36 KiB) Viewed 1712 times

Post by BlueLotusStudio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:51 pm

Just some thoughts:

- Have you checked that your permission is 755/777 for your image directories from your c-panel. If you used filezilla to change permissions when you uploaded your cart, these are not always changed on the server, even though filezilla shows them as changed.

- Did you double check your config files?

- Did you make sure your htaccess contains

Code: Select all

RewriteBase /

Location - Maryland

Post by ra2mediasolutions » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Will change all permission in cpanel file manger later,

Checked htaccess, it does contain rewritebase /

Have read that changing to suphp has fixed the problem for some people but unsure if that will help as other open cart site on same server, will try it anyway and report back.

Post by ra2mediasolutions » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 am

change permissions in cpanel file manger but problem still exists, also changing to suphp didn't solve the problem either.

Post by BlueLotusStudio » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:06 am

after you changed the permissions, did you re-load your image directories?

Location - Maryland

Post by ra2mediasolutions » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:27 am

Reload them? Sorry what do you mean?

Post by BlueLotusStudio » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:43 am

If the permissions for your image directories were not set to 755 or 777 (so that they were writable) when you first uploaded your images/cart, the files (your images) that belong in these directories could not be written to, or "loaded" into, the directories. Therefore, your images need to be reloaded or transferred into the appropriate image directories, such as with filezilla.

I hope this helps.

Location - Maryland

Post by ra2mediasolutions » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:59 am

Just installed a fresh copy of open cart and still the same thing, permissions must be OK as on pre install I get the following screen, giving the go ahead for permissions.

Attachments

fresh.PNG

fresh.PNG (109.27 KiB) Viewed 1677 times

Post by ra2mediasolutions » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:57 am

I gave up, i used just used the website installatron - which do free installs of many scripts and first time it installed it for me with no issues, Thanks for all your help :)

Post by Caps » Sat May 10, 2014 11:29 am

Same problem. Seems like the image manager is possibly the weak module of OC. Why would you have to upload your entire collection of images if you were to change permissions on a folder? This is not the protocol when a folder's permissions has changed. The database records the entry which is associated with the image and file location (points to the image) but not the actual image.