Post by gkasios » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:27 am

Hi we have a problem with the tagging system in the Extensions section. One of our extensions is not searchable when we use any of the words we used to tag it. Can you give us any suggestions? You can find our extension here http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=11301 and see our tags

Our Extensions

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:15 am

1. Tags need to be 3 characters or more to be indexed.

2. A lot of your tags are very generic (e.g. "module" or "OpenCart") which are going to have thousands of results. It's very likely yours will appear anywhere near the top, since searches on these tags will essentially return random results.

3. Does your extension actually not appear for a tag that has 3 characters or more? If so, which one? Or is it just buried in the list of results because there's so many of them?

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by gkasios » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:53 am

Actually it doesn’t appear on the main keywords that it should appear like Cash on Delivery and Cash on Pickup. It is not like that there are too many results because we checked it out with the free license filter enabled and it just doesn’t appear on the results.

Our Extensions

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Yeah, you're right. You'll need to contact the OpenCart team about the issue, since it's site related.

Administrator

Post by Axansh » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Hey,

I have doubt,some extension can add 1000+ tags while we are adding it will give error.

Any reason why they can add?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Post by Johnathan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:36 pm

I don't think any extension can add more than 1000 characters, the system won't allow it. The only exception to this is extensions that have never been updated since tags were added -- they still might have their description copied as tags, and in this case there may be more than 1000 characters.

Do you have any extensions where this isn't the case, but there are more than 1000 characters in an extension's tags?

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Axansh sent me some examples, and I think what the person was doing in that case is not using any spaces, just separating tags by commas. Apparently this works fine:

tag1,tag2,tag3,tag4,etc.

There's still a 1000 character limit, but you can fit more in that way.

Administrator