Post by deadlance » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:19 am

I have a serial number system for software that I sell online. When a user purchases the software, I want to include the serial number in the email confirmation for the order. However, I am having a problem....

I take payments through authorize.net and also via mailed check. When the order comes in, it is first set to pending - which does not warrant the user receiving an email with their serial number... however, when an order becomes "complete" , the user needs to get the email containing their serial.

If the user purchases through authorize.net, the status gets set to complete automatically... generally speaking, this status is set to complete before the user even gets the order confirmation email. How can I have opencart automatically send the user another email once the status is set to complete, even if it's by means of authorize.net setting the order to completed?

Post by victorj » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 am

You can set in your admin under extensions payment your payment processor any status when order is payed, so consider changing order state to payment recieved or what ever you want.

remember that you can also create or change any order state under system international orderstates

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by deadlance » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Our software is downloadable and it'd be unnecessary for an administrator to manually complete the order.

We use authorize.net as our payment processor. Under Extensions -> Payment - > Authorize.net - I have set up "Order Status" as "Complete"

When a customer places an order, the order confirmation email is being sent out with an order status of pending instead of complete. I need the order confirmation to be sent out when the order is complete, which happens automatically in the background.

Post by deadlance » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 pm

I think what I need is to somehow send an email upon successful payment confirmation. How could I go about adding such an email confirmation?

Post by deadlance » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 am

Found it.

I changed my authorizenet_aim.php file from

Code: Select all

$this->model_checkout_order->update($this->session->data['order_id'], $this->config->get('authorizenet_aim_order_status_id'), $message, false);
to

Code: Select all

$this->model_checkout_order->update($this->session->data['order_id'], $this->config->get('authorizenet_aim_order_status_id'), $message, true);

Post by Brettster » Mon May 26, 2014 11:00 am

Hi,

Interesting, is it like that with all payment types, or do I have a VQMOD interfering? I cannot get any Status Update notification emails to go out to my customers? I've tested with stock PayPal Standard Payment type, and Intuit QBMS, but nothing comes to the customer email?

TIA,
-Brett