Post by twiggy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 am

Daniel a little bug with your image uploader, in that if a file has the same name as another image file all sorts of wired things happen to the site. Maybe possible to block the upload or even change the filename of the new image being uploaded.

Post by alimname » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:34 am

joomx wrote:
alimname wrote:hi

Would you please add a bank module in 1.4.1 version, please?

because OC payment modules does not have the benefits in the shopping system of Turkey.

thanks
Do you mean 'bank transfer'?
This is already included in 1.4.0.0.
no bank transfer

credit cart payment with bank

and also 3D Secure

www.opencartpos.com

Post by Litriem » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:30 am

langtuhoangthanh wrote:Opencart do not upload image of Products
Please help me.
thank..>!!!!
If your image extensions are in upper case as in ".JPG" or ".GIF" then change them to lower case ".jpg" or ".gif" and see if that helps. I worked for me.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:04 am

alimname wrote:
credit cart payment with bank

and also 3D Secure
These are local to your choice of gateway. I did have a client looking to get POSNET in turkey, but it hasn't come to close yet.

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:04 am

Many of my sales are paid by PayPal's Mass Pay, the greatest thing since sliced bread for transferring funds at virtually no cost.

I'd like an "offline payment" option that will enter the order and send the notification email to the admin and allow the buyer to print out, or at least read how to do a Mass Pay transaction, as they require a tab delimited text file, rather than a button to click.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by tonyb299 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 am

@Daniel, I only discovered OpenCart a few weeks ago and am running 1.3.4 which is damned good in comparison with other players in the free shopping cart arena. Having seen the demo of 1.4.0 i'm blown away!

Good work fella.

picture mouse mats and mugs

Location - East of England, UK

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 am

peteVA wrote: I'd like an "offline payment" option that will enter the order and send the notification email to the admin and allow the buyer to print out, or at least read how to do a Mass Pay transaction, as they require a tab delimited text file, rather than a button to click.
http://www.unbannable.com/ocstore/offline_credit_card

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 am

Sorry, Q, that is not what I'm after. Good to know there is an offline credit card mod, but that has nothing to do with a PayPal Mass Pay.

Mass Pay is a text file, say Excel saved as tab delimited text, that you send via PayPal's Send Money tab within your PayPal account. You must have the actual funds within your PayPal account, in the currency you are sending. No backup funds, no credit cards, no bank links. Real PayPal balance at the time.

It then transfers from your account to the seller's account instantly for $1 fee, or less.

That's it. Text file, send it off. They've got it and it costs the seller zero point zero, nada, nothing, free. Costs the buyer MAX of $1. (65 pence GBP)

I simply need them to read something like this, with a link to a sample file -

The attached file has my paypal address, the amount, USD and a sample order number, so it will tie together.

You can open and edit the file if you want to pay with GBP, EUR or USD, and be sure and enter the correct amount.

If you are paying in GBP or EUR, prior to paying go to xe.com and convert the USD total of your order(s) to your currency of choice.

It's a text file from a spreadsheet. Just save it as tab delimited text - .txt

When you are in paypal, click Send Money, then the last option on the right is Send a Mass Pay. Choose that,

It will say Attach Mass Payment File and offer a Browse window that goes to your PC. Just chose the file I sent.

Then it will ask Recipient Type - Choose "email address" and click continue.

It will display the contents of the file. If it looks right, just OK it and the money will be sent.

Once you have the file setup you can do this any time. Max cost is $1 and it saves the seller all the fees.

Post by peteVA » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 am

Don't see where you come into the picture, but if you take a look again you will see I said Offline Payment - not Processing.

Further, if sending money directly from a PayPal account isn't Offline Payment, what is? It certainly isn't paying online through the cart.

I have had hundreds of people click the button "Offline Payment" on my current site to print a copy of the invoice and make the mass pay payment, so it appears most of them can figure it out.

Post by EPMike » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:44 am

tonyb299 wrote:@Daniel, I only discovered OpenCart a few weeks ago and am running 1.3.4 which is damned good in comparison with other players in the free shopping cart arena. Having seen the demo of 1.4.0 i'm blown away!

Good work fella.

....what is ultimately a bloody good product.
I second this all around. I've checked out tons of these shopping carts and just about every one is lame in some respect or another. Even the commercial ones!

OC is plain, simple, and downright works well, while still handling just about anything necessary, and looks great in the process. Not to mention you can modify it as much as you need to fit your own site/needs. Also Aussie-friendly makes it rock all the more!

Even if it's still improving and could still use a few features/improvements, OC is prime time capable and deserving of not only credit, but widespread use. Daniel deserves a lot of credit for doing what all the other shopping cart developers have not....make something simply practical, functional, and affordable!

I can't wait to see what 1.4.1 and beyond has in store, as anything from 1.3.4 up is thumbs up in my book!

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 am

peteVA wrote:Don't see where you come into the picture, but if you take a look again you will see I said Offline Payment - not Processing.

Further, if sending money directly from a PayPal account isn't Offline Payment, what is? It certainly isn't paying online through the cart.

I have had hundreds of people click the button "Offline Payment" on my current site to print a copy of the invoice and make the mass pay payment, so it appears most of them can figure it out.

I have no idea what your 'wording' means. Paying for something 'offline' means the customer does not have instant results from the online purchase. Paying by paypal in a normal world where you click "Checkout" ... then get sent to the paypal site to pay..... then get sent back for final confirmation is 'online'. It may be "offsite" but its still online. If you want people to checkout and it emails you the order information so that you can then manually follow up with a masspay step, then you could just use something like my purchase order module that simply asks for a PO number. In this case you'd change the wording to "paypal email" and then you'd do the rest offline.

is that what you are after?

Administrator

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 am

My guess is he is looking for full offline payment so all the customer does it supply their address and contact details no payment details at all.

The shop owner then calls the customer or contacts them via email and follows it up, or they print off the order and go down to the shops/their bank and pay that way.

I have known a few webstores that call afterwards and determine payment method in person over the phone, ie. call up and ask for CC information, or provide COD / BPay details.

Adds an extra step of security for the seller I guess.

Not sure why there is so much fuss about it though, QPhoria's solution sounds fine.

Post by peteVA » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 am

I do this daily with CubeCart.

Here is what happens when they choose "Offline Payment" as their payment choice.

The order is processed as normal in the cart. It shows in the order listings as Pending.

The buyer gets a screen that they can simply read, or print, with a print button. The screen / text / print actually includes my Bank Transfer / Western Union / Mailed Check information. Bank name, address, swift number, account number, etc. Same for WU.

Normally, the first time they use Mass Pay, they simply send me an email, asking for instructions, which I send them with a sample file.

Here's a copy - spacing may be off -

Wholesale District Dropshippers
http://wholesale-district.com/usa
Invoice to
Pete
14862-B Warwick Blvd

Newport News, ME
United States
Deliver to
Pete
14862-B Warwick Blvd

Newport News, ME
United States
Offline Order for
Order of Jan 24 2010, 21:32 PM Order ID: 100124-213259-7509
Product Code Qty Price
GSM 900/1800, Dual Sim, Dual Standby, Digital TV, FM, Dual Camera, Dual Bluetooth
Add Memory Cards - No Memory Cards Which Type Adapter? - Choose Free Adapter T828D 1 $129.99
Shipping Method: DHL Upgrade for FREE Shipments ONLY! Subtotal: $129.99
Total Tax: $0.00
Total Shipping: $8.00
Grand Total: $137.99
Pay by Card - Billing Address MUST Match Card Statement Address
Card Type: Mastercard
Visa
American Express
Discover
Card No: ________________________
3-4 Digit ID: ______
Expiry Date: ____________
Issue Date: ____________
Issue Number: ___
Signature: ________________________
Pay by Bank Transfer
Bank Name: BB&T Branch Banking & Trust Co.
Account Name: Turnkey Small Business Services
Sort Code: ABA Routing no. 051404260
Account Number: 5234724578
Swift Code: SWIFT: BRBTUS33

Our PayPal email address is payments@turnkeyservices.us

For Western Union use Direct To Bank Option at WU Office.
Use Bank Account Routing and Account Number above.
Bank Address:
BB&T 397 Denbigh Blvd Newport News VA 23608 USA
Our bank charges us $16.00USD for incoming transfers. YOU MUST ADD $16.00USD to the invoice total when paying by bank transfer. We can only accept payments Bank Transfers in United States currency. (USD)

Thank you for shopping with us!

Postal address: Turnkey Small Business Services, 14862-B Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA 23608 USA, 1+757-874-3163

Me again,

Actually, I'd like to do this and another for the mass pay, with the text instructions included and a link to a sample file I'd put on the server.

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm

So what you really want is a printable form after checkout that includes details from the transaction (eg. order total).

You need that form to be customisable so you can include your desired text/layout.

That sound right?

Not sure what the CubeCart comment is for? if you love it so much keep using it, I personally found plenty of issues with it.

Post by wormytux » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 pm

I agree with SuperJuice. Why not go back to CubeCart?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:59 pm

My solution still applies.
You checkout with COD. The normal account info email gets sent along with the order checkout anyway. So you have all the info you need. Unless you need additional info, then rename the bank transfer module and use the text area to acquire any additional info. It sounds like it is being overcomplicated based on the slight naming difference

Administrator

Post by RalphMW » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

v1.4.0 is really getting better ...

Some things i worked on are done better in 1.4.0 but ...

default theme still does not validate HTML nor CSS...
Admin Sub-Menus still don't work in Konqueror/KHTML(4.4)...

Otherwise nice improvements.

Keep up the good work,
Ralph.

Post by PhilV » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 pm

I for one would like to thank the entire community here for working together to bring about a project so strong, personally meaningful and useful for many of us. What a life and money saving effort OpenCart is. It inspires hope. However, being a good business owner who does my best to prepare early and meet target deadlines, I need a GENERAL ESTIMATE for v 1.4.1 repairs to be completed. Does this type of coding require 1 month, 3 months or longer? No one is going to hold your feet to the flame if not completed by the estimated date but we are struggling severely and feeling crippled with inventory and site structure issues.

With gratitude
PhilV

Post by lowlands » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

@PhilV

Go back/stick with 1.3.4 and let the beta testers do their job before switching/installing 1.4 in a live enviroment. It is never a good idea to run any commercial software live just after it has been issued.

My OC-shop: http://www.Soldeerpunt.nl

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:39 am

RalphMW wrote:v1.4.0 is really getting better ...

Some things i worked on are done better in 1.4.0 but ...

default theme still does not validate HTML nor CSS...
Admin Sub-Menus still don't work in Konqueror/KHTML(4.4)...

Otherwise nice improvements.

Keep up the good work,
Ralph.
I agree.

When 1.4.1 comes out we could start working on a validated theme.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands