Post by dando » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm

If your doing a test purchase on a live account make sure the payment value meets the minimum payment value in Paypal.

If the payment value is too low e.g. 10 pence you will get the error invalid mechant configuration.

Make the payment a realistic amount and get a friend to make the purchase from a different computer and IP address. If the payment goes through refund your friend.

It can be awkward getting a friend to make test purchases but so long you pay them back promptly then I find this is the only true way to test it properly.

Good luck

Post by sanhpv » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm

needs to have the SSL certificate (Security Header Not Valid)

Make money online
Marketing online
Template blogger
Theme wordpress
Seo

Post by puyopuy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:46 pm

I get the same problem as well, as far as I notice. If you are using a production API details and set to test mode in Opencart you will get this error. Once I turn off test mode, I won't get the error message.

I think for Opencart to work with test mode, you need to request a new test API key from www.sandbox.paypal.com. I tried to create a test account yesterday but I never get the verification email, so I'm contacting Paypal support, hopefully they will get back to me soon :)

Post by oreeves7 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 am

momtrepreneur wrote:I'm wondering if this issue had any resolution to it? I've looked all over the board and have seen this same issue but can't find a resolution to it. I'm experiencing the same problem. I have Paypal Website Payment Pro and pay for Virtual Terminal (which works fine on my other site), I've put in the correct API username, password and signature, the store is live and not in test mode and I still get Security Header Not Valid error when trying to process a credit card.

Did anyone find a resolution? I thought upgrading to version 1.4.9.1 would fix the matter but it didn't. ??? Paypal and the API system is working on my other site (not running Opencart) but for some reason with my Opencart site it is not. If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be sooo grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Wende
http://www.creativesolutionscompany.com
I am experiencing the same problem and was wondering if you ever got an answer or solution to this issue

Post by customizecommerce » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:26 pm

i've got the same error but manage to solve them:

Check your PayPal Express Checkout payment module and click edit.

Go to field : * API Password

and delete the blank space at the beginning of your API Password that you copied from paypal earlier.

You may view the full steps by steps at http://www.unblockwww.com/solved/openca ... checkoutl/

Post by lfairban » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:19 am

Using the PayPal Website Payment Pro iFrame version.

On Paypal, they have a tutorial that explains that the US-test account does not work and it instructs to use UK...Crazy.

After going around this a hundred times, I tried the UK version and it started to act right.

I'm not sure how "real" an issue this is but give it a try...post back. I'm curious.

Post by myaeger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:33 am

This issue comes from using a "live" API with in "sandbox" environment (test mode). You must register a developer account (login with your same PayPal info) and create a test app to use "test mode."
https://developer.paypal.com/

Be sure to setup your Business account as "Business-Pro" to use the "PayPal Website Payments Pro" module.

Once you've fully tested, you'll need to replace your sandbox API with the "live" API and turn off "test mode."

Post by lfairban » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 am

Testing is fine as long as I use the developer account but using the active (test) to PayPal fails and I get the "Header is not valid" error.

FYI, I don't know if this applies to anyone's problem and this may just be a PayFlow Pro issue but PayPal has stated in their documentation that in order to test, you must set up a UK test account to run credit card through developer.paypal.com. There's a bug in their US version.

Post by dynamok » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:22 am

Anyone got this working? Got all new API keys, still doesn't work.

Post by tombenson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:07 am

I had this error whenever I had SandBox mode turned on. As soon as I turned SandBox mode off in the payment settings everything works fine.

I have not looked into why SandBox mode is causing this error - it just does. In production it works fine for me.

Post by coolshop » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:23 pm

I think the Sandbox doesn't work because of the upcoming changes

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1236

There is another thread about this somewhere. Opencart doesnt seem to work with these changes for Paypal Website Payments Pro.

Not sure why more people aren't concerned about this. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this....? But I'm concerned.

Post by 3zzy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:38 am

Like many others, sandbox doesn't work for me as well. Live works.