Post by mondokat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 am

So... where is it? Daniel said before Christmas and now it's halfway through February. What are the outstanding blockers? Anybody know?

Post by moneycarlo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 am

im sure you can look at the git hub page for all the issues

Post by beipink » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:20 pm

you can follow what's going on here -> https://github.com/opencart/opencart

I wouldn't think the project owner is required to make any announcement if there is nothing to announce.

Post by mondokat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:13 am

All the open issues on github have had no activity for about a month and there are no "milestone's" listed. It is not at all clear which open issues might be required in order to reach a "2.0" release date. There are commits yes, but are we close to release? far? It's not at all clear. I would be shocked if Daniel didn't have a list of blocking issues somewhere, but it appears that it is not on github. This is why I started this thread in the first place. To gain visibility.

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:11 am

mondokat wrote:All the open issues on github have had no activity for about a month and there are no "milestone's" listed. It is not at all clear which open issues might be required in order to reach a "2.0" release date. There are commits yes, but are we close to release? far? It's not at all clear. I would be shocked if Daniel didn't have a list of blocking issues somewhere, but it appears that it is not on github. This is why I started this thread in the first place. To gain visibility.
You're not going to gain visibility. When they're ready to release it, they'll release it.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:51 pm

I really dislike those negative comments people give about the wait for the new versions. Just be patient, and it will be out when it's ready. no point rushing it and we just release one that is half completed.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by discoverytdi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 pm

MarketInSG wrote:I really dislike those negative comments people give about the wait for the new versions. Just be patient, and it will be out when it's ready. no point rushing it and we just release one that is half completed.
+ :good: nothing good comes in a hurry. I have a friend who uses another cart program and they have been banging on about a new version being released for 5 years now and he is thinking about moving his site to OC

https://www.rvsolar.co.uk/

Location - sunny lancashire UK

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 am

discoverytdi wrote:
MarketInSG wrote:I really dislike those negative comments people give about the wait for the new versions. Just be patient, and it will be out when it's ready. no point rushing it and we just release one that is half completed.
+ :good: nothing good comes in a hurry. I have a friend who uses another cart program and they have been banging on about a new version being released for 5 years now and he is thinking about moving his site to OC
One of the reasons I moved to opencart. Old cart software that wasn't really updated and dead forum. (It was just me and one other guy for the most part on the forum). No Regrets at ALL moving to OC.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member