Post by solaris955 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, hope this forum is ok :).

Here is my query.

I am trying to integrated affiliate software - iDev - with my OpenCart store. Everything seems to be working fine, and affiliate commissions are tracked properly, when a payment is received via PayPal.

iDev also offers an alternative method for commissions - coupon codes.

Here is how it works:

1. An affiliate gives out a coupon code to his customer;
2. The customer places a purchase with the store, the customer gets a certain % discount, and the affiliate get a % commission.

This doesn't get registered properly with the iDev software. In other words, coupon code commissioning doesn't work.

iDev have been over my whole installation and they said the issue may be with the way OpenCar handles its databases.

Here is what iDev have reported:
We're doing a query into the database to pull the coupon code used at the time of checkout. This works with check/money order as the payment option, but not Paypal.

CHECK/MONEY ORDER OPTION:
select coupon_id, amount from oc_coupon_history where order_id = '97'
select code from oc_coupon where coupon_id = '18'
- The code is produced like normal.

PAYPAL ORDER OPTION:
select coupon_id, amount from oc_coupon_history where order_id = '98'
select code from oc_coupon where coupon_id = ''
- Notice the line directly above shows '' (nothing, no result)

I verified this by looking in the database and sure enough when check/money order is used, OpenCart writes the coupon history to the coupon_history table. When Paypal is used, it does not. I've never seen this before on either our test installation or any other customer installations. My guess is this is some sort of OpenCart bug in your installation. Please contact them to see if this is something they can look at. Bottom line is commission processing is working as it should.. but coupon code commission won't work until this is resolved.
I wonder if this is a bug with OpenCart and the way it handles payments?

I have also tried to use Amazon Payments, they don't register coupon codes either.

Will great appreciate any help here.

Thanks very much in advance,
Irina

Post by solaris955 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:54 pm

I am willing to pay a fixed price if someone can fix it quickly for me.
Thanks very much in advance,
Irina