Post by SuperJuice » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 am

The next version will have the GST stripped out (or at least an option to do this).

I also have a method for calculating the size of the parcel more accurately that I plan to use.. but only when all items in the cart have all dimensions > 0, if there are some items without dimensions it will drop back to just a standard cube size (as it currently uses).

Post by cmebd » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 am

Sounds brilliant - look forward to it...

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Spent today working on a new release because I had a few minutes.. what started out as a few additions turned into a full blown re-write of most of the module.

What is new in this version:

International Sea and Air Shipping (yes seriously)
You can enable this through the administration panel. If Australia Post doesn't support a particular method it will not be displayed (fail silently). There is a massive array of weird combinations.. if you genuinely think sea/air should work for your international destination please let me know the destination etc.

Make sure these options are turned on in the administration panel otherwise you won't get any International shipping!

Option to 'Handle GST locally'
This option is also in the administration panel. Essentially, when this is enabled the GST will be stripped off the total of Postage + Handling. If you have this enabled make sure you have a GST tax zone locally adding the 10% back on or you will be giving your customers cheap shipping. If you enable this, and configure a GST tax zone the GST will show up as a discreet line item in the last stage of checkout.

Check to confirm the cart doesn't weigh 0
Self explanatory, bounds checking to match the upper bound check of 20kg. Seems some people have weightless things in their OpenCart installations, this will now tell the user (and site owner I guess) why it isn't showing a postage cost for a specific cart.

I have upped the basic box size that is passed in the calculation. I still haven't put in my code to accurately estimate the box size required because it needs to be cleaned up and I also didn't want to add too much at once.

I suggest that you test this module out before pushing it into production (I have done a lot of testing personally.. but your experience may vary). If you have any problems or calculations seem wrong for whatever reason please let me know in here and I will take a look.

Dropbear Edition v2.0 for OpenCart 1.3.4
http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... n.2.tar.gz

----

Post by cmebd » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:43 am

thanks SuperJuice

Post by 900pixels » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm

I am having an issue with this module.
When I run an order through and get to the checkout page, I very rarely see an option to select a shipping method.

When I click the checkout button I get an error message saying " Error: Shipping method required!" but this is obviously not possible.

Once, the option to select a shipping method showed up, after I clicked the checkout button a few times, I am not sure why this is?

I do have Qphoria's offline CC processing module installed on the same page, if this helps.

feel free to have a look at the front end here, the store is not live, so go ahead and place some orders if you like
http://eclipse.aushost.net.au/~uniforms/

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Post by cmebd » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:06 pm

I got an option to select either Australia Post Express or standard!!

Post by 900pixels » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:23 pm

really? on my site? what browser are you using? maybe its a browser issue? also where was it located? also did you use a guest account?

cheers for your help

Post by cc6264 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:00 am

I got it Ok. Used guest checkout. You MUST use a valid postcode otherwise no shipping will show.Ising IE7.

Cheers
Craig

Location - Sydney,Australia

Post by redam » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:13 am

Why can't it work when you in as guest..that's a shame?

Most shopping carts allow you to select shipping even if you order as guest.

SuperJuice, Is this a fault in the module and needs fixing up or meant to be that way?

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:18 pm

From my testing it worked fine as a guest, is anyone else having problems using this module as a guest? And the above post says it _is_ working as guest, did you read it incorrectly?

I did have a few issues with reliability of the AJAX checkout not showing any shipping methods, but this was with all modules, not just this module.

Also please note:

Anyone planning to install this module, the Dropbear editions are to be installed directly over the top of a standard OpenCart 1.3.4 install. DO NOT download the module from the OpenCart module page, this is now deprecated.

So
1. Download OpenCart 1.3.4 and install
2. Copy the Dropbear files over the 1.3.4 install files and then enable the Australia Post Shipping

Post by jaden » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi,

Is there a 1.3.2 version of the new Australia post module?

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Jaden,

Not of the new Australia Post module, no sorry.. I just don't have the time to backport the changes. I understand how painful it is to upgrade to 1.3.4 so understand why you are requesting it.

In saying that, I wouldn't expect it to be too difficult to make the 1.3.4 version work with 1.3.2. The new re-write has been trimmed down a lot and optimised so there should be little that needs doing to make it work if you want to take a look yourself.

Post by SuperJuice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 pm

For those interested, Jaden has successfully ported this mod back to 1.3.2.

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Because of confirmed changes to the way 1.4 calls the quote function of shipping modules, the Dropbear editions for 1.3.4 will not work with 1.4.0. The version shipped with 1.4.0 also needs updating.

I will work when I have time to make sure the full module with international shipping (drop bear edition 2) is updated to work with 1.4.0. I don't expect it to take long.

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:52 pm

As a 1.4.1 release seems imminent, I may hold off on release unless someone desperately needs this for 1.4.0.

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I have updated the code for 1.4.0 and tested with both guest checkout and subscribed user checkout.

Once again the module was broken because of changes in the core OpenCart code between versions.

I would also like to take this time to point out that those suggesting that this module does not work in 'Guest Checkout', check the weight of your cart, and any other reason that may cause an error. The function returns back the $error as required, but in the guest/express checkout this value isn't displayed (because of OpenCart design?) to the user. As a large number of the default items in the cart have no weight value, adding these items to a cart will have a 0 weight cart, this module will provide an error stating this but the OpenCart guest checkout does not display it (not sure if this is a bug they plan to fix).

This is once again a 'dropbear' edition. Install it straight over the top of your default 1.4.0 install, then enable it and set it up.

Can be downloaded from:
http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... ion.tar.gz
Last edited by SuperJuice on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by KGal » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks! very much Sam...your a life saver!!

Location - Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:07 pm

KGal wrote:Thanks! very much Sam...your a life saver!!
No problem, let me know how your install goes.

Post by KGal » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Installs flawlessly! Sam...thanks very much

Location - Australia

Post by 900pixels » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:27 am

Good Work Superjuice!
Thanks for updating this essential mod so quickly.