Post by pedro1993 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 am

Yes, that's right. Up for grabs is a FREE responsive theme based on OpenCart's original theme!

One thing that OpenCart lacks in right now, is being able to use OpenCart on a mobile device. This theme takes away the strain of having to buy or pay a developer to build a responsive theme.

Here are a few key features:

✔ Uses vQmod - very few template files had to be altered to build this. We kept this to a minimal and used vQmod to edit these files so that no core files are overwritten.
✔ Product Selector on Product Page - We removed the colorbox image gallery for the responsive theme and replaced it will a sleek image gallery (see pictures). Colorbox will still work on the desktop site.
✔ Category Drop-Down - Instead of using a bulky looking cateogry menu, we created an elegant category which slides down when the user taps the screen.
✔ User-friendly Keyboards - When using a mobile device, the keyboard is sometimes a little different depending on what you are entering. We have made it easy for users to quickly enter phone numbers and email address (see pictures)
✔ Traditional OpenCart functions are still there!! - Your one-page checkout, AJAX add to cart, file uploads, and many other features are still present and have been tested.
✔ Built upon the original OpenCart theme - That's right, if you are using the original theme, or anything similar, then it's time to go mobile!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR HELP!
This template has only been tested on iOS devices. If you spot any errors please leave a comment with the device you are using.

A demo can be found here:
http://test.embermonkey.com/demos/responsive/

The theme can be downloaded here FREE:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=13229

So go ahead, download, it's free. Also, don't forget to leave a comment below :)

Peter ;)

Attachments

banner.png

banner.png (29.04 KiB) Viewed 24648 times

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by Steven_B » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi pedro1993,

Great extension!
I'm testing on a few BlackBerry Bold devices, but the categories menu doesn't work. It doesn't expand.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Kind regards,
Steven

Location - Cape Town, South Africa

Post by maccadon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Really nice!

Post by discoverytdi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:36 am

Hi tried your mod but get this error when using guest account
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character

OK

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/sites/embermonkey.com/public_html/test/demos/responsive/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>193</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/sites/embermonkey.com/public_html/test/demos/responsive/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>193</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: telephone in <b>/home/sites/embermonkey.com/public_html/test/demos/responsive/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>197</b>{"error":{"email":"E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid!","telephone":"Telephone must be between 3 and 32 characters!"}}

https://www.rvsolar.co.uk/

Location - sunny lancashire UK

Post by pedro1993 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:37 am

I am aware of this error. I haven't had much time to fix this, but I will very soon.

Peter
discoverytdi wrote:Hi tried your mod but get this error when using guest account

OK

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/sites/embermonkey.com/public_html/test/demos/responsive/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>193</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/sites/embermonkey.com/public_html/test/demos/responsive/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>193</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: telephone in <b>/home/sites/embermonkey.com/public_html/test/demos/responsive/catalog/controller/checkout/guest.php</b> on line <b>197</b>{"error":{"email":"E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid!","telephone":"Telephone must be between 3 and 32 characters!"}}

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by cresc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 am

Hey, I had this error too.

It seemed to be the 'Guest Checkout' was not being modified to pass on the Email and Telephone HTML5 inputs.

If you add this after line 178 it replaces the Guest Checkout data and includes Email and Telephone..

Code: Select all

<operation>
			<search position="replace"><![CDATA[data: $('#payment-address input[type=\'text\'], #payment-address input[type=\'checkbox\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'radio\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'hidden\'], #payment-address select'),]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[data: $('#payment-address input[type=\'text\'], #payment-address input[type=\'checkbox\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'radio\']:checked, #payment-address input[type=\'hidden\'], #payment-address select, #payment-address input[type=\'email\'],  #payment-address input[type=\'tel\']'),]]></add>
		</operation>
Thanks for a great mod.. I have uploaded my updated xml file if anyone would find it useful..

Attachments

Post by gamersmarket » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi!

I'm using 1.5.4.1 and I am getting this problem after I trying to register at the checkout.

OK

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/********/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>142</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/********/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>142</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: email in <b>/home/********/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>146</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: telephone in <b>/home/********/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/register.php</b> on line <b>150</b>{"error":{"email":"E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid!","telephone":"Telephone must be between 3 and 32 characters!","zone":"Please select a region \/ state!","password":"Password must be between 3 and 20 characters!"}}
Please help. Otherwise this issu, your extension is great!

Thanks!

Post by garvita » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi

I am using open cart default theme for my website. I have made certain changes in the default theme to modify the look of site. Now i wish to make the site mobile compatible. I installed the responsive theme but when I checked the site in mobile device its not working, its still shows the desktop theme.

url:www.bruceleeid.com

can someone help me.

Post by garvita » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi

I am using default open cart theme for my website. I have made some changes in theme to change the look of my website. I want to make my website mobile compatible and when I downloaded n installed the responsive theme its not working on the mobile device.

url: www.bruceleeid.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Steven_B » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi garvita,

Your header doesn't contain any of the items that the vqmod would add, so it looks like the xml is not loaded correctly, so you'll have to look at that first.

Btw, you might want to look at setting your website's CHMOD for folders correctly because I'm able to see your complete directory structure.

Location - Cape Town, South Africa

Post by jalgerjr » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:30 am

Very appreciative for this extension. I am having difficulty with iPhone. Works fine on an android tablet but iPhone will not scroll and is blank below the 'fold' when I pull the page up. Bounces back to original position after I let go... thus will not scroll up. See lakearrowheadmaine.com

Post by stuzym3 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Peter, You doing great with this responsive theme. But I would ask you about the user language and currency? How the logic? b'coz there no option for language and currency? is that possible if you help me to put language and currency at this responsive theme? Big Thanks from me

Post by lucasgagnone » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 pm

I liked this theme, thanks for sharing!

Location - Singapore