Post by maaz4601 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:41 pm

xxxx

Post by signwizarduk » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:27 pm

We upgraded to 1.5.5.1 and had the same registration issue, its sorted now by creating the new group (buyers) however now ALL the specials have disappeared from the home page as they are set to default and not the new group - buyers.

If I change the specials to new group (buyers) then will all the 1500 default customers lose them?

Or can I move all the default customers to the new (buyers) group?

Cheers guys

Post by outoftheordinary » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 am

Check all radio button and save. Then, unchecked all radio button and save.

outoftheordinary

Post by evastears » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 pm

vegivory wrote:I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

From the administration panel click on the "System" tab and select "Settings". Next, click on "Edit" next to your store name.
Then click on option. Now scroll down to "Account" and where is says: "Customer Groups:
Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up.
" click to checkmark the box next to the name of the group which appears in the box on the right. (In my case the group is called "Wholesale") The checkbox next to that group name was previously "unchecked".

Now go to Sales/Customers/Customer Groups and click on edit. Then simply click on the desired radio buttons.

This should solve the problem.

-Jim

PERFECT ! THANK YOU MEN.

You deserve not pnly a cokie but also cokie with milk :)

Post by marinl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 pm

This doesn't work for me. When I go to system> settings> my store> edit> and then Options tab, I do not see the 'Accounts' heading where it is suppose to say....

"Customer Groups: Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up."

I am using Opencart v1.5.4 with Shoppica template v2.2.1

Anyone know how I can fix this please?

Thanks,
Marin

Post by marinl » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Please help. I still don't know how to fix this with opencart version 1.5.4

Post by DennyH » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:15 am

I noticed this issue when I activated the SSL certificate and added https to the config.php file. Something with the code in the catalog-controller-account-register.php file, whether a custom theme or standard isn't meshing.

Post by purplebeanie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:39 am

Hi mcurtis,

For what it's worth (I know it's an old thread) I came across this thread searching for exactly the same question on Opencart 1.5.6 using the herbal theme from themeforest.

I followed the recommendations above of setting display company id to no and display a tax id to no and edited the account/register.tpl file to remove the company_id and tax_id inputs but got the notice missing index error messages another used described above.

So I just ended up removing the rows from the table and making the company_id and tax_id hidden inputs in the account/register.tpl. This prevented the notices and doesn't seem to have led to any other unwanted behavior.

Eric.

Post by siteadvice » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:03 pm

purplebeanie wrote:So I just ended up removing the rows from the table and making the company_id and tax_id hidden inputs in the account/register.tpl. This prevented the notices and doesn't seem to have led to any other unwanted behavior.
Agreed. I just stumbled across this issue, too. The site I'm using is never going to be trading business to business, so asking for a company ID is irrelevant. I've replaced those lines in template\account\register.tpl with the following:

<input type="hidden" name="company" value="<?php echo $company; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="company_id" value="<?php echo $company_id; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="tax_id" value="<?php echo $tax_id; ?>" />

Seems to work fine.

inframes.com Website Design with Opencart, Wordpress, Lucee and bespoke application design and development

Post by mfarmer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:39 pm

vegivory wrote:I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

From the administration panel click on the "System" tab and select "Settings". Next, click on "Edit" next to your store name.
Then click on option. Now scroll down to "Account" and where is says: "Customer Groups:
Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up.
" click to checkmark the box next to the name of the group which appears in the box on the right. (In my case the group is called "Wholesale") The checkbox next to that group name was previously "unchecked".

Now go to Sales/Customers/Customer Groups and click on edit. Then simply click on the desired radio buttons.

-Jim
THIS WORKS! Anyone who says it doesn't is not following the directions carefully... I am using 1.5.6 and it worked like a charm, with no hacks to the core files! Thanks

Post by rolarga » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:42 pm

I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up." click to checkmark the box next to the name of the group which appears in the box on the right. (In my case the group is called "Wholesale") The checkbox next to that group name was previously "unchecked".

-Jim
This is it!!!!!!!!!!

Post by danchapman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:31 am

a few months old this thread but my guest checkout and account registration (in checkout) is still showing the company and tax ID fields.. anybody fixed this without having to modify the template yet?

OC v.1.5.5.1 | Shoppica 2 | Browser: Chrome

Location - Brighton, England

Post by assur3 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 am

Problem still exists in latest versions of OpenCart. Any ideas on how to solve?

Post by byens » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:57 am

Selling Kristik - Jasa Foto Aura - Kapas Vapor - supplier baju anak -

Location - Surabaya

Post by assur3 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:32 am

Thank you, Byens. You are a hero.

This is the ONLY solution in this thread that actually worked for me. I tried all the others, they failed.

And thanks so much for making it free. Very, very grateful.

Post by patotyonline » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:41 am

Thanks Man! Excellent solution, that works for me!

-Jim

Location - Buenos Aires

Post by pangeranmandiri » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 am

Really impressed! Everything is very, very clear, open is a description of the problem. It contains the information.

batu mulia | obat herbal | kosmetik online | produk kecantikan muka | jasa pembuatan website

Post by sketchi » Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm

I was having the exact same issue and this is what I did and it worked like a charm:

Display customer groups that new customers can select to use such as wholesale and business when signing up." click to checkmark the box next to the name of the group which appears in the box on the right. (In my case the group is called "Wholesale") The checkbox next to that group name was previously "unchecked".

-Jim
Works like a charm on 1.5.6.2 with custom template. Thank you Jim!

Post by loretta » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:24 am

I found a vqmod extension that works for this. I had been trying to fix this for so long. http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10454 :)

Post by mkurra » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Another free vqmod: Checkout Fields Remover: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... %20remover